Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
Went into my dealer here on the Northshore last week and asked about ordering the 2021 C8: tells me, can order; but, be a year before delivery? Sounds fishy to me. What is he not telling me? I know we have a few GM sales persons on-board CCF and would be interested in their comments. Thank you....

Went into my dealer here on the Northshore last week and asked about ordering the 2021 C8: tells me, can order; but, be a year before delivery? Sounds fishy to me. What is he not telling me? I know we have a few GM sales persons on-board CCF and would be interested in their comments. Thank you....
It all depends upon the dealer and their expected allocations. Before 2020 allocations were assigned on the past 3 years Corvette sales. Dealers have not been told how many 2021's they'll receive or even when 2021 production will end. Because of the strike and covid things are really sketchy. Some dealers still have "assumed" allocations yet to give and some don't. It all depends on the dealer. Some small volume dealers might have some and others might not. Some large volume dealers may have some while others may not. It's an individual dealer thing.
Remember dealers have NOT been told how many allocations to expect yet.

If they are saying December then IMO it will be a 2022 as I think GM will want to start 2022 production in September. If that's the case then they won't be able to build more than about 30,000 MY2021's That is 3/4's the July 2019 expected sales of 40,000. Dealers were expecting about 25% more allocations then their MY2019 allocations in September of 2019. But it turned out to actually be less than 80% of their MY2019 allocations

James..
a buddy ordered his C8 convert a month ago and was told his may be built in December.!
time will tell.
graham

There's no way. That would mean your buddies dealership had zero people waiting in line.

Don't forget not all 2020 orders were accepted. Those that weren't accepted were moved to the 2021 list so I'm doubtful of your buddies claims.

Most dealers in Canada have lists miles long...

There's no way. That would mean your buddies dealership had zero people waiting in line.

Don't forget not all 2020 orders were accepted. Those that weren't accepted were moved to the 2021 list so I'm doubtful of your buddies claims.

Most dealers in Canada have lists miles long...
LOL, I assumed December of 2021.

There is no chance that they are building 2021’s in December of this year. Typical lies from the Stealership. They tried to tell my friend who is ordering a C8 that they will begin building the 2021 in three weeks. LMAO! Two dealerships also told him that they know their allocation numbers for the 2021 model year. I didn’t think that this has been released yet.

There is no chance that they are building 2021’s in December of this year. Typical lies from the Stealership. They tried to tell my friend who is ordering a C8 that they will begin building the 2021 in three weeks. LMAO! Two dealerships also told him that they know their allocation numbers for the 2021 model year. I didn’t think that this has been released yet.
No canadian dealers know this info right now, pure speculation by these stealerships so they can get a deposit and signature on dotted line. Anyone who follows Murray's chart can see that, and there are all the 2020 guys before any new 2021 guys.

I think they will start to produce December "IF" they do overtime to complete the 2020s by the end of the first week.

Baring that likely January...
All the overtime in the world won't help as I believe the small suppliers wouldn't be able to keep up, plus they need to shutdown to clean and disinfect the line so can't go 24/7

The bright spot for 2021 people is they can't build 2020's in January. They can't by law. Of course it will be up to the dealer as to what to do with their outstanding 2020 orders. We should nudge Jeff or other dealer reps on here to hear what their contracts are with GM. I'd be curious to know

The bright spot for 2021 people is they can't build 2020's in January. They can't by law. Of course it will be up to the dealer as to what to do with their outstanding 2020 orders. We should nudge Jeff or other dealer reps on here to hear what their contracts are with GM. I'd be curious to know
Yes. I was hgoping from a comment so I know what is BS and what is not?

The ordering process is exhausting. Dealer promised a 2021 Aug/Sept delivery for a NEW order but didn't want me deposit since I have one down already
Being my first mid engine sports car I cannot wait to get behind the wheel but the constant delays/disappointment is becoming to much
Best thing for me is to step away and let things play out as they will. This C8 obsession is taking over my life

• Agree
Reactions: COP8
The ordering process is exhausting. Dealer promised a 2021 Aug/Sept delivery for a NEW order but didn't want me deposit since I have one down already
Being my first mid engine sports car I cannot wait to get behind the wheel but the constant delays/disappointment is becoming to much
Best thing for me is to step away and let things play out as they will. This C8 obsession is taking over my life
Welcome to da swamp! LOL.
You are NOT alone! Thousands of similar folks have wasted their life away with this obsession, including myself. But I'll tell you this, the wait is well worth it. I can't say enough about it.

Reactions: ABC and ShawnC8
Welcome to da swamp! LOL.
You are NOT alone! Thousands of similar folks have wasted their life away with this obsession, including myself. But I'll tell you this, the wait is well worth it. I can't say enough about it.

I totally agree about the wait being worth it. This car is absolutely incredible. I couldn’t drive anywhere without people gawking at the car, giving a thumbs up, or talking to me about it. I can’t imagine how incredible it would be to drive it on a track. Massive difference in handling and performance due to the mid engine design. Chevrolet knocked it out of the park with the C8!

Reactions: ABC and ShawnC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.