If a canadian car gets sent to Dubai I say ban the owner from buying a 2021 only fair when others wait patiently
We as GM dealers have a list of individuals and companies that have been found exporting vehicles from Canada to the US or overseas we are no longer able to sell new GM vehicles to those named on that list this would only apply if the original purchaser exported it not subsequent owners but if a buyer was caught multiple times selling to an exporter they could also possibly get banned along with the exporter

No it would not...Only instances GM Canada would get involved is if the original buyer exported it themselves or had purchased with GM Employee discount then the Corvette would have to have been in service for 12 months AND have 12,000 kms or more to be eligible to be sold or traded but since there's no Employee discount available on 2020 C8s that rule doesn't apply and we as GM dealers have a list of individuals and companies that have been found exporting vehicles from Canada to the US or overseas we are no longer able to sell new GM vehicles to those named on that list

Interesting...

So let's say an individual is offered a C8 that was a cancelled customer order and purchases it using a 3rd party Leasing company because he and his salesperson know that his dealership is holding his 2021 deposit because he missed the cut at the dealership for a 2020.

If he "sells" that car to someone who really wanted it and then that buying party sells it on then a 4th party exports it then would the original buyer/guy be blacklisted by GM?

What does your dealership state for having someone sign any non-export or what clauses are included to say that someone couldn't sell their C8?

Asking for a friend.

Reactions: Gilles27
All these stipulations are spelled out and signed by the original buyer, correct?
No neither are on a new car contract unless the individual dealership has a clause put on their bills of sale themselves in regards to export and GM Employees have the guidelines spelled out in their rules online for Employee purchases for themselves or someone they sponsor

• Informative
Reactions: Gilles27
Interesting...

So let's say an individual is offered a C8 that was a cancelled customer order and purchases it using a 3rd party Leasing company because he and his salesperson know that his dealership is holding his 2021 deposit because he missed the cut at the dealership for a 2020.

If he "sells" that car to someone who really wanted it and then that buying party sells it on then a 4th party exports it then would the original buyer/guy be blacklisted by GM?

What does your dealership state for having someone sign any non-export or what clauses are included to say that someone couldn't sell their C8?

Asking for a friend.
If an individual or company was caught multiple times selling to an exporter known to GM they would probably be put on the list along with the exporter
We do not have anything on our new car purchase agreements in regards to re-sale or export

Reactions: COP8
If an individual or company was caught multiple times selling to an exporter known to GM they would probably be put on the list along with the exporter
We do not have anything on our new car purchase agreements in regards to re-sale or export

Thank you for the response.

So clearly C8 buyers need to understand that they do not have any right to sell their C8 after purchase for fear of becoming blacklisted by GM.

If terms set out by GM are not written on sales contracts then how would C8 buyers know what they can and can't do?

I wonder how the Ontario Consumer Protection Act treats "quiet possession"...

Thank you for the response.

So clearly C8 buyers need to understand that they do not have any right to sell their C8 after purchase for fear of becoming blacklisted by GM.

If terms set out by GM are not written on sales contracts then how would C8 buyers know what they can and can't do?

I wonder how the Ontario Consumer Protection Act treats "quiet possession"...
You are correct...I believe it’s only written in the GM dealer agreement and it’s more the dealer not wanting to sell to the individual in fear of what GM can do to the dealer

We as GM dealers have a list of individuals and companies that have been found exporting vehicles from Canada to the US or overseas we are no longer able to sell new GM vehicles to those named on that list this would only apply if the original purchaser exported it not subsequent owners but if a buyer was caught multiple times selling to an exporter they could also possibly get banned along with the exporter
Like GM is gonna tell me what I can and can't do with my car... not gonna happen.

• Agree
Reactions: AndrewJ
Hello guys, I purchased my Vette from Larry Hudson's. Great dealership to work with. I talked to the salesperson this morning to make sure they were ok with my mentioning the deal. I was not avoiding the question. Great car as well. Thanks
Just got off the phone with these guys
2 2020s still to be delivered, both are spoken for
30+ on list for 2021s
They received 12 2020s

• Agree
Reactions: COP8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.