Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Thread Highlight (Sponsors)
Car
2020 Corvette Mid
Province
ON
Can you believe it? We're revving up into the fourth lap of the eighth-generation Corvette Stingray. I've been around this track a few times, with my clients placing their orders, and let me tell you, it's been quite the ride!

Now, I've noticed some trends over the years, and I'm not talking about your son's skinny jeans. I'm talking about the items that seem to be the culprits behind most production delays. I don't have a crystal ball or a DeLorean to predict or see what is in store for the 2024 Corvette, but here's my bold prediction: If we can dodge another global pandemic, GM factory employee strike, Vancouver Port strike, or WWIII, we might just see the 2024 production year eclipse the 1979 record of 523,807 total units built. How's that for a bold prediction?

Now, let's talk about the usual suspects causing production delays:
  1. High Gloss Black/ Gray Multi Spoke wheels. Whether it's the original culprit for the 2020 and 2021 model years, the 5DF High gloss black trident wheels, or the new kids on the block, the Q9A 20-spoke midnight grey forged aluminum with red stripe and Q9I 20-spoke gloss black forged aluminum, these wheels are more elusive than a Sasquatch sighting! For those who want the car now, might I suggest going for Q8Q 5-open-spoke carbon flash-painted aluminum with machined edge which is more available than an your ex after hearing you just ordered a new Corvette.".
  2. Carbon Fiber anything other than roof and mirror caps. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack!
  3. Non Z51 and Z51 Cars - 2023 was a rollercoaster of a year. One minute we're only building Z51 cars, the next we're back to non Z51. But hey, don't sweat it when placing your order. This was probably just a one-time loop-de-loop.

And then there's the Carbon Flash High Wing Spoiler. It's always on constraint, but don't let that scare you. We can still order it through our parts department, and it usually arrives shortly after your car arrives!

Got a burning question about an order? Fire away! I'm all eyes and ears, ready to help you navigate the thrilling world of Corvette orders!

And then there's the Carbon Flash High Wing Spoiler. It's always on constraint, but don't let that scare you. We can still order it through our parts department, and it usually arrives shortly after your car arrives!
Hi Jeff, thanks for that. We have a member in BC @amit916 that wanted the carbon flash high wing. His dealer ordered the car with a body colour high wing because of that constraint. What would you suggest are his options here.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Hi Jeff, thanks for that. We have a member in BC @amit916 that wanted the carbon flash high wing. His dealer ordered the car with a body colour high wing because of that constraint. What would you suggest are his options here.

Would love to know as well, because I never asked for the body color spoiler. My sales person put it in there because he couldn't select the carbon flash and now I'm stuck with it.

I don't want to comment on another dealership, especially without knowing the full history or background.

What I can say is that when I have a client order a car with a High Wing and the High Wing is in constraint, I remove it from the build so the order can pass, and then I order the High Wing through parts.

The High Wing typically arrives a week or so after the car, and the client then comes back in for the installation.

The other advantage of doing it this way is that you don't have those silly orange dots on your car while you wait for the spoiler to arrive.

Murray, owners are stuck with the wings their dealer order so you have to order a new carbon flash wing and sell the old wing, or retain it to put back on the car when you sell it (if getting a newer Stingray). Here's a tip for the members. Most parts departments are charging full pop for parts.
I go to www.fallsgmpartsworld.ca and enter Part # 85001066. From the factory it's $1385, through parts it's $1331.62 and here it's $1065.30 with the 22% discount.
There's free pick up or FedEx shipping available. I buy all of my Corvette parts and other GM parts for my other vehicles there. FYI for all the members, it's cheaper to buy your parts here rather than order them from the factory and pay tax and potentially luxury tax on the options. If you want Jake mats, splash guards, black lug nut or locking nuts, extra wheel sensors, car covers etc, the parts are cheaper to buy here than order with your car. 905-358-7791.
Is the website working for anyone else?

Reactions: Bunny hop
Is the website working for anyone else?
Amit, I just called Shawn there who I order parts from he said they shut that portion of the business down June 15th. Here's my backup location at Tubman's in Ottawa.
GM Parts Depot with 18% discount on the parts.
It's a $241.02 discount on this website. Price is $1090.60 which is $295 less than ordering it with your car from the factory.
Scott

Amit, I just called Shawn there who I order parts from he said they shut that portion of the business down June 15th. Here's my backup location at Tubman's in Ottawa.
It's a $241.02 discount on this website. Price is $1090.60 which is $295 less than ordering it with your car from the factory.
Scott

Ah sweet, much appreciated. I was going to see if the ground effects kit was in stock so I can grab that.

Ah sweet, much appreciated. I was going to see if the ground effects kit was in stock so I can grab that.
As your in BC, perhaps you can find a local GM dealer that offers 18-22% off on parts? I think there was one in Alberta, but I am not sure if you can search locally for a deal like this.
Scott

I buy from buykippscot. It's also 22% off plus shipping. They are closer to you than Ontario. They're in Red Deer, AB

As your in BC, perhaps you can find a local GM dealer that offers 18-22% off on parts? I think there was one in Alberta, but I am not sure if you can search locally for a deal like this.
Scott

I buy from buykippscot. It's also 22% off plus shipping. They are closer to you than Ontario. They're in Red Deer, AB

Somehow the Alberta one has higher shipping costs than the Ontario one, $249.04 vs $54.95

Scott
Installation included in this price?

Can you believe it? We're revving up into the fourth lap of the eighth-generation Corvette Stingray. I've been around this track a few times, with my clients placing their orders, and let me tell you, it's been quite the ride!

Now, I've noticed some trends over the years, and I'm not talking about your son's skinny jeans. I'm talking about the items that seem to be the culprits behind most production delays. I don't have a crystal ball or a DeLorean to predict or see what is in store for the 2024 Corvette, but here's my bold prediction: If we can dodge another global pandemic, GM factory employee strike, Vancouver Port strike, or WWIII, we might just see the 2024 production year eclipse the 1979 record of 523,807 total units built. How's that for a bold prediction?

Now, let's talk about the usual suspects causing production delays:
  1. High Gloss Black/ Gray Multi Spoke wheels. Whether it's the original culprit for the 2020 and 2021 model years, the 5DF High gloss black trident wheels, or the new kids on the block, the Q9A 20-spoke midnight grey forged aluminum with red stripe and Q9I 20-spoke gloss black forged aluminum, these wheels are more elusive than a Sasquatch sighting! For those who want the car now, might I suggest going for Q8Q 5-open-spoke carbon flash-painted aluminum with machined edge which is more available than an your ex after hearing you just ordered a new Corvette.".
  2. Carbon Fiber anything other than roof and mirror caps. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack!
  3. Non Z51 and Z51 Cars - 2023 was a rollercoaster of a year. One minute we're only building Z51 cars, the next we're back to non Z51. But hey, don't sweat it when placing your order. This was probably just a one-time loop-de-loop.

Got a burning question about an order? Fire away! I'm all eyes and ears, ready to help you navigate the thrilling world of Corvette orders!
You slipped a digit on those 1979 production numbers. Nice try! I should know. I factory ordered my 1979 as my fist Corvette. Red with oyster interior, but could only afford the L48

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.