Well.... I went, I saw, I was okay with it. not a WOW moment. It maybe had to do with the indoor lighting and you could not get right up on it.

Attachments

• 20200117_133400.jpg
    20200117_133400.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200117_133412.jpg
    20200117_133412.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200117_133431.jpg
    20200117_133431.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200117_133501.jpg
    20200117_133501.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200117_133650.jpg
    20200117_133650.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200117_133658.jpg
    20200117_133658.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200117_133823_001.jpg
    20200117_133823_001.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200117_133852.jpg
    20200117_133852.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 25
Well.... I went, I saw, I was okay with it. not a WOW moment. It maybe had to do with the indoor lighting and you could not get right up on it.
Well my 2 cents I dont think that the c8 has the right lines to support so the c7 does. Might look good in blue. I'm not on the c8 bandwagon haven't seen one in person. I'm gonna drive my c7 and hold my head high and reserve judgment on c8 till I see some in person.

Could you please explain what you mean by with the reds? As in the two reds offered?

I think he means the dark orange and deep red tail lights contrast each other and "pop!"

The photos are great.......I love the Orange when it appears dark and deep........not so much when washed out and lightened. That could be the interior lighting........Kevin as a Sebring Orange owner can you provide a comment? Is the Orange always deep in natural light, or does it also appear washed out?

Reactions: Tango
Could you please explain what you mean by with the reds? As in the two reds offered?

No. I mean the Sebring in different lights. There are hints of a myriad of tints that all pop differently in different lights. My DSOM does the same thing.

I've had friends asking me if I bought a new Vette with my DSOM because they thought is was a different colour car...

These two C7's are both Sebring. See what I mean? Nighttime lighting throws another whole different set of tints again... Seeing is believing...

1579317040664.png
1579317155873.png

No. I mean the Sebring in different lights. There are hints of a myriad of tints that all pop differently in different lights. My DSOM does the same thing.

I've had friends asking me if I bought a new Vette with my DSOM because they thought is was a different colour car...

These two C7's are both Sebring. See what I mean? Nighttime lighting throws another whole different set of tints again... Seeing is believing...

View attachment 35425 View attachment 35427
WOW that's insane its like 2 different cars

View attachment 35425 View attachment 35427

I love the deep dark orange in the left photo, the right not so much!

The C8 orange looks like a solid color while the C7 DSOM is darker metallic. There's a C7 near a shop I go to and I was admiring it all last summer. I prefer the DSOM between the 2 and it's my favorite of all available colors. I'm toying with the idea to go ask him when the snow melts if he wants to sell it. I'm not a fan of solid pale colors like yellow, orange or red. If they were metalic and darker then I'd love em.

But in orange you will stand out and that's the point of this supercar.

The C8 orange looks like a solid color while the C7 DSOM is darker metallic. There's a C7 near a shop I go to and I was admiring it all last summer. I prefer the DSOM between the 2 and it's my favorite of all available colors. I'm toying with the idea to go ask him when the snow melts if he wants to sell it. I'm not a fan of solid pale colors like yellow, orange or red. If they were metalic and darker then I'd love em.

But in orange you will stand out and that's the point of this supercar.
Hope he sells it to you!
Yes the C7 seems to be a richer darker orange this one is a metallic that in obvious and seems to have a yellow mixed into it....My buddy came to the conclusion this was a pumpkin orange more than anything else that turns yellow but can also be flat.

I think he means the dark orange and deep red tail lights contrast each other and "pop!"

The photos are great.......I love the Orange when it appears dark and deep........not so much when washed out and lightened. That could be the interior lighting........Kevin as a Sebring Orange owner can you provide a comment? Is the Orange always deep in natural light, or does it also appear washed out?
from what we saw yesterday ,the C7 seems to be a richer darker orange, this one is a metallic that in obvious and seems to have a yellow mixed into it....My buddy came to the conclusion this was a pumpkin orange more than anything else that turns sun yellow but can also be flat at times.

• Sad
Reactions: Cobravenomous
*WARNING: MANY PHOTOS AHEAD*

I thought the C7 and C8 Sebring Orange Tintcoat were the same colour. Same name, same order code. I have seen the C8 in orange and didn't think it was much different, but I haven't seen them side-by-side.

Do NOT use photos to depict what a colour looks like. Cameras can only guess what is correct and often change the hue of colours that have a red hue to them, especially under different lighting. On top of that, the screen you're viewing the image on can look different from another person's screen. You cannot judge accurately unless you see it in person.

All of the following photos I have taken over the period of 1.5 years, all are the exact same colour, occasionally the same vehicle. In these photos, depending on the camera I'm using, the lighting conditions, they'll all appear to be different.

K5108396_01.jpg

K5111411_01.jpg

K5111705_01.jpg

K5111705_01-2.jpg

K5111705_01-3.jpg

K5606296_01.jpg

K5606296_02.jpg

and finally, to hit my point home, I just went into our shop where we are storing this Sebring Orange Corvette for the winter. Same camera, shot from the same angle, one with lights off and the other with lights on.

RANDOM_01.jpg

RANDOM_01-2.jpg

I am 90% positive the Sebring Orange Tintcoat is the same on both the C7 and C8.

Awesome guys !

I did not see any kind of redish or deeper pops yesterday like in RDays posts but EJ I think his is the DSOM not SO but I could be wrong.

What I was yesterday was more along the line of your photos. What I saw vie eyes hahahah was it goes into a sun like yellow/orange in certain angles you can see it in my last 5 pictures.

The metalic flake is cool and noticible in the paint in both the SO and in the Carbon Flash which I found very cool in the CF.

She (the SO) was much more beautiful in my eye to the AW that was on the floor.

One think we noticed many builders has muted, flat, and satin colours in their lineups.

Here are 2 sorry my battery died after my C8 pics so I did not get as many pics as I wanted to for you folks.

Cheers,

Kevin

Attachments

• 20200117_125904.jpg
    20200117_125904.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200117_130827.jpg
    20200117_130827.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 16
Awesome guys !

I did not see any kind of redish or deeper pops yesterday like in RDays posts but EJ I think his is the DSOM not SO but I could be wrong.

What I was yesterday was more along the line of your photos. What I saw vie eyes hahahah was it goes into a sun like yellow/orange in certain angles you can see it in my last 5 pictures.

The metalic flake is cool and noticible in the paint in both the SO and in the Carbon Flash which I found very cool in the CF.

She (the SO) was much more beautiful in my eye to the AW that was on the floor.

One think we noticed many builders has muted, flat, and satin colours in their lineups.

Here are 2 sorry my battery died after my C8 pics so I did not get as many pics as I wanted to for you folks.

Cheers,

Kevin
My car is a DSOM and those are pics of it, not of a Sebring...Very likely why you didn't see any of the same pops yesterday Kevin... lol... Sorry... thought that was clear in my text... and you are correct EJ... The C7 and C8 Sebring are suppose to be the same colour. All I was posting was how all the metallic tints of any colour will change lots based on light and angle...

I owned a 2019 C7Z in Sebring Orange. I can tell from experience that the colour is a chameleon and looks different in different lighting. I never had a car that got so many compliments specifically on the colour. There is a boatload of metallic flake in the paint. It’s amazing. The codes for 20 and 19 are identical so expect the exact same for C8 2020 SO.
iOS Image - 2061426108.jpg
Pic at Cavendish Beach PEI last summer 👍🏻

I owned a 2019 C7Z in Sebring Orange. I can tell from experience that the colour is a chameleon and looks different in different lighting. I never had a car that got so many compliments specifically on the colour. There is a boatload of metallic flake in the paint. It’s amazing. The codes for 20 and 19 are identical so expect the exact same for C8 2020 SO.View attachment 35462 Pic at Cavendish Beach PEI last summer 👍🏻

Schmexy car! Not to derail the thread, but do I see an exposed CF roof, ZR1 wheels, and... is that carbon-flash ground effects of exposed CF?

Reactions: OttawaKev
I owned a 2019 C7Z in Sebring Orange. I can tell from experience that the colour is a chameleon and looks different in different lighting. I never had a car that got so many compliments specifically on the colour. There is a boatload of metallic flake in the paint. It’s amazing. The codes for 20 and 19 are identical so expect the exact same for C8 2020 SO.View attachment 35462 Pic at Cavendish Beach PEI last summer 👍🏻

Schmexy car! Not to derail the thread, but do I see an exposed CF roof, ZR1 wheels, and... is that carbon-flash ground effects of exposed CF?

All carbon flash. Roof is a wrap. Yes I did GM OEM Zr1 wheels CF again on her

Ahhhhhh..... Drank many a beer on Cavendish beach in the day..... :drunk:

• Haha
Reactions: ABC and OttawaKev
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.