Reactions: AlbertaZ06
6BFA8C7A-0DD6-478F-9DEF-108364442885.jpeg

Just finished going through the whole thread. Wow. Itā€™s been a journey for you. Thatā€™s a wicked car. I hate to do it but I plan on copying you with my 1986. Just probably gonna take a while. If you ever plan on heading south. Medicine Hat also has a 1/4 mile strip. Thatā€™s where Iā€™m hoping to spend some time this summer. Cheers on the awesome build

Just finished going through the whole thread. Wow. Itā€™s been a journey for you. Thatā€™s a wicked car. I hate to do it but I plan on copying you with my 1986. Just probably gonna take a while. If you ever plan on heading south. Medicine Hat also has a 1/4 mile strip. Thatā€™s where Iā€™m hoping to spend some time this summer. Cheers on the awesome build
Thanks! Itā€™s been a fun build šŸ‘. Hit me up if you have any questions along the way on your swap!! I plan on running at Medicine Hat and Swift Current, but has never worked out yet on scheduling during our seemingly short summer

iOS Image - 2994591553.jpg
iOS Image - 1622443851.jpg
iOS Image - 1662927800.jpg
iOS Image - 563457863.jpg

I was going to take the C4 to Forestburg 1/8 mile to race on the weekend, but changed my mind the last minute! I was going to do some data logging on HP Tuners to try to figure out why I melted only the #7 piston. But I ended up deciding to send out the injectors to Canadian Performance Injection, to get checked first. Only takes a second to melt down under boost, if the injector was bad! So I ended up loading the C5 up to have some fun šŸ˜. It feels good to get behind the wheel of this car again!! Been giving all my attention to the C4 past few years, I forgot how to launch/shift this car šŸ¤£.

iOS Image - 3345721618.jpg
iOS Image - 3266311576.jpg
iOS Image - 2315134002.jpg
iOS Image - 982714802.jpg

Had a fun day at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton, on another Track Rental!!
Got my best run to date 11.38@124mph and some data off hp tuners! Mph was down a bit, but look at that 60ā€™ šŸ‘šŸ‘. Time slip is from when I run my buddies Turbo 5.3L LS swap fox body. Our cars are close, and almost the same builds, automatic trans car vs standard trans car. I took my headlight out get some more cool air into the turbo, to reduce my IATā€™s. My turbo mount location keeping everything under the hood is cool šŸ˜Ž But Iā€™m thinking sucking air through the intercooler/radiator into the turbo inlet, might be causing some of my issues, and not pulling enough timing out in the hotter temperatures. Anyway the 5.3L I rebuilt myself from 2 blown engines and a used eBay piston still has oil pressure and drove it back onto the trailer šŸ˜šŸ¤£. Lots of cool cars from all over the Province came out, and a great day meeting people and watching some FAST cars. I would call the day a success !!

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3622770305.jpg
    iOS Image - 3622770305.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 24
View attachment 41546View attachment 41547View attachment 41548View attachment 41549

Got my best run to date 11.38@124mph and some data off hp tuners! Mph was down a bit, but look at that 60ā€™ šŸ‘šŸ‘. Time slip is from when I run my buddies Turbo 5.3L LS swap fox body. Our cars are close, and almost the same builds, automatic trans car vs standard trans car. I took my headlight out get some more cool air into the turbo, to reduce my IATā€™s. My turbo mount location keeping everything under the hood is cool šŸ˜Ž But Iā€™m thinking sucking air through the intercooler/radiator into the turbo inlet, might be causing some of my issues, and not pulling enough timing out in the hotter temperatures. Anyway the 5.3L I rebuilt myself from 2 blown engines and a used eBay piston still has oil pressure and drove it back onto the trailer šŸ˜šŸ¤£. Lots of cool cars from all over the Province came out, and a great day meeting people and watching some FAST cars. I would call the day a success !!

View attachment 41546View attachment 41547View attachment 41548View attachment 41549

Way cool Daylen!!! Nice run!!

Man I love that car. Thatā€™s a great 60ā€™ for a street car.
Now you just have to pack everything up and head down south to Medicine Hat July 19 and run the Vette there.
My plans are to make it and have my car there too , Itā€™s in a thousand pieces right now so Iā€™m under a bit of a time crunch.
Great work on the Vette. Iā€™ll be picking your brain when I get to the point of a turbo ls swap.

Man I love that car. Thatā€™s a great 60ā€™ for a street car.
Now you just have to pack everything up and head down south to Medicine Hat July 19 and run the Vette there.
My plans are to make it and have my car there too , Itā€™s in a thousand pieces right now so Iā€™m under a bit of a time crunch.
Great work on the Vette. Iā€™ll be picking your brain when I get to the point of a turbo ls swap.
Wonā€™t be able to make it to Medicine Hat this year but I will sometime šŸ‘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread