More 3
More 1
More 4

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I collect pretty much any die cast vehicles from 1:64 to 1:18, and everything in between. I'm not brand specific, so I collect all of them. At last count, my wife advised me that I was over the 2,000 mark! The majority are 1:64, and of the rest I would say 1/3 of the remaining items are either 1:18 or 1:24. I ran out of room in my man cave(basement) and garage, so I now have a small collection here at work. I will try to get some good pictures of part of my home collection, with cars, trucks, bikes, Nascar, NHRA, etc., but here some of the ones I have here at work.

One thing I truly like with the photos so far is that the correct Motor Vehicle Companies are being displayed.:thumbs: (I guess that's a :thumbs: in "Trumpland" too)

Oh and the photos are showing that it's raining outside ... so sorry to see that for a fellow Corvette Owner

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub
Oh I like this little setup. That's the cool thing about die-cast. A little something for everyone. So many themes to follow and create. Towards the end of my big collecting days,I was branching out away from a " race car " only format to more "urban" stuff. I've never seen a lift before. I like it !

View attachment 8975

Yup.... A Lightening McQueen AM/FM/CD player... That baby will probably end up in my 'cave'.... just because it looks kewl....
I wonder if there's a hidden message in that pic. Does that not look like a Reese's orange tint along with the yellow font? Just something about that that reminds me of peanut butter cups !

Wow! I'm falling behind! Nice collection of M2's there Dub! I have a bunch of those and some lift sets and COEs too!

I still haven't caught back up with the guys with the Pixar cars!

Pixar1 Pixar2 Pixar3 Pixar4 Pixar5 Pixar6

The first sets of Toys and Star Wars cars are the ones that my son opened. The last ones on the floor are some of his collection (that I could find) that he plays with.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I stopped at a place a few days ago when I saw a sign about "diecast cars", and found a couple of interesting things for you Nascar guys.
20170602 164714 20170602 163602
I've never seen a Nascar Barbie before! lol!

Reactions: YFCvii and nascar03
IMG 0826
IMG 0823
IMG 0825
IMG 0821
IMG 0822
Here's something a little different. I'm sure some of you guys have heard of the Volvo Ocean Race? It's a yacht race that goes around the world every 3 years or so. I spent a boatload ( no pun intended ) of $$ buying team merchandise from these guys back in 2005/06. I ended up with a fleece jacket,an umbrella,a team flag,a watch,a baseball cap,2 tshirts and 2 models of their boats they campaigned which were known as the white boat and the black Boat. Sadly,during the New York to Southampton leg,Dutchmen Hans Horrevoets was swept overboard off the white boat in 10 metre waves. The crew turned around and found him but it was too late. I've never had these displayed for some reason. They've been in the box pretty much since spring of 2006. The hull and keel have sort of a resin type feel to them and the rest is plastic. Kinda cool I thought when I saw them on the team website. This is the white boat.

Here's a little clip of the " best of " the 05/06 race. This is also the year that Disney corporation hired Paul Cayard to drive the boat,Pirates of the Caribbean. At 2:01 in the clip,you can actually see " The Black Pearl " surfing. Almost all the boat is out of the water as it's coming down the backside of a wave. Just watching the clip you can imagine the feeling holding on to 70 feet of Carbon Fibre doing 28 knots. I remember watching this live and the 2 announcers went just nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Man that is not being out for a leisurely cruise. Unreal video.

Saw the start of the Sydney to Hobart race one year, the boats are spectacular.

Nice collection Mike.

I stopped at a place a few days ago when I saw a sign about "diecast cars", and found a couple of interesting things for you Nascar guys.
View attachment 9032 View attachment 9033
I've never seen a Nascar Barbie before! lol!

I remember being in a bar watching a race with a group of about 40 Nascar Buds and we talked about that Jeff Gordon Barbie.
Us GMGWSP #3 people were always saying it was hard to know which one was Jeff Gordon in the Box :Biggrin:
(the photo or the doll)
(the #3 and #24 rival was nothing less than that of the Battle of Alberta rival in a bar)
(and no intent to bring the rival to this thread as our hero is no longer with us and some have actually enjoyed Gordon during his retirement races in comparison to some of those "silver-spoon" drivers who are now out there - like the Grandson Childress Drivers - argh!)

Last edited:
I remember being in a bar watching a race with a group of about 40 Nascar Buds and we talked about that Jeff Gordon Barbie.
Us GMGWSP #3 people were always saying it was hard to know which one was Jeff Gordon in the Box :Biggrin:
(the photo or the doll)
(the #3 and #24 rival was nothing less than that of the Battle of Alberta rival in a bar)
(and no intent to bring the rival to this thread as our hero is no longer with us and some have actually enjoyed Gordon during his retirement races in comparison to some of those "silver-spoon" drivers who are out there - like the Grandson Drivers - argh!)
Lol. Yeah the Grandson drivers are something. I always cheer for the brothers Busch, Just to hear Kurt on the radio.I like Jeffy in the booth. Brings a new flavour,taste.

IMG 0829
A couple of Ayrron Senna cars. He almost came to Indycars. Tested Emerson Fittipaldis Penske at Phoenix in 93.

IMG 0834
IMG 0832
IMG 0833
IMG 0830
IMG 0831
And probably the sickest Formula 1 car ever made. The 1983 BMW Brabham BT 52.... 1200 hp out of 1.5 ltrs. Better put on a "depends" before driving this beast !!

IMG 0839
IMG 0841
IMG 0840
IMG 0837
IMG 0838
IMG 0835
IMG 0836
Ayrton Senna JPS Lotus,teammate to Elio DeAngelis in 1985. To me,still one of the most beautiful liveries in racing.

Reactions: nascar03
This is a 1999 Patrick Carpentier Reynard w/Mercedes power. Made by action racing collectibles. There was a series of indycars made by these guys for the 99 season and although nice and fairly heavy. The removable engine cover doesn't have the best fit as you can see in the first and second pics. This one came from Derrick at Toronto Motorsports. It was an exclusive deal through them and Patrick. I hope that doesn't violate any forum rules Nik.

IMG 0842
IMG 0843
IMG 0844
IMG 0845
IMG 0848
IMG 0849
IMG 0850
IMG 0846
IMG 0851
IMG 0852

Reactions: nascar03
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.