I picked up a couple of car sets for my boy after he was born (Toy Story, and Star Wars vehicles), and kept them in the package. I mounted them high on his wall so that he couldn't reach them, and told him that they were collectors and that they were just for looking at, and someday they would be worth good money. I almost cried the day that he got smart enough to climb up onto his dresser and tore them down, and ripped open all of the packages.

That weblink has a few interesting cars too. I obviously do not have a Beach Bomb, but I do have several Surf Crates, and a few Deoras (I dig the surf boards). I'm not really a collector like the ones described in that page. I don't collect the cars for their value or rarity, I buy the cars that interest me. You'll never catch me spending thousands of dollars to buy a diecast.

I have a few redlines, but it is quite common for people to know they are worth money, so it's hard to get them at a reasonable price. Every now and again I find someone who has no idea, so I get a good deal.

Thanks for bumping this up! It reminds me that I need to take some pictures!

That's a great story with your boy. I (we) have a girl and it didn't stop me from bonding over the Cars Movie with her. We collected Cars Diecasts together.
Now in her teens, it is still something that she will never allow to hit our annual garage sale ... I think that this collection should be my next set of pictures that I post.
Thank you for bring it to my mind .... there will be a few surprise diecasts in it

Thanks for bumping this up! It reminds me that I need to take some pictures!

Yup,when you have the time Jeremiad,would love to see some. I remember the Deora cars. I had a purple and a green one. Had a green beach bomb but I remember the family pooch eating the surfboards. Hard to say what's going to be of value in your sons future. If I had kids,and extra $$,I think I'd load up on various Lego sets. But that stuff isn't cheap either.

That's a great story with your boy. I (we) have a girl and it didn't stop me from bonding over the Cars Movie with her. We collected Cars Diecasts together.
Now in her teens, it is still something that she will never allow to hit our annual garage sale ... I think that this collection should be my next set of pictures that I post.
Thank you for bring it to my mind .... there will be a few surprise diecasts in it

Nice Spence! Hey, if you haven't seen a commercial yet (sorry, I don't watch TV very often, but I got excited), there is a new Cars movie coming out in a couple of weeks. Take your daughter to see it! We have done a drive-in movie at the Camrose car show for many years, and the Cars movies have always been the best! I gotta hand it to Disney, when they make something works, it works SO well.

I have bought many Cars vehicles for my son, which he has opened and played with a fair bit, but I will keep them anyway. I also have a few Cars toys that I have bought one for the boy, and one for myself, (haha, right Mikey?). I have some Precision Series diecasts of Mater and Lightning, and even a Lego Mater.

Yes Cars 3 is on our agenda. Cars was an inspiring movie. It came to mind during the Closing Cruise from Ponoka to Gull Lake this year. It will likely also bring back a lot for during the Lake Louise Cruise too. Lightning McQueen is Corvette-like to me and rather resembling of my Stingray when it also has Bugs in its Teeth. I am near Camrose every Summer while residing at Pigeon Lake ... I will have to research that Drive-In Experience. Disney is inspiring for my Daughter. She aspires for animation as a career and is on her way to doing just that. We bought One-Share of Disney around Grade 1 and she (we) now have about 8 shares within a Disney Dividend re-investment account - (to her, she "owns" Disney). I will be posting "our" collection which surprisingly includes a "Frank" ! Thanks for sharing J :thumbs:

I have never been a big fan of Nascar (except for the crashes!), but I certainly remember the earliest car racing simulators being Nascar of course, and damn, those cars really ARE hard to drive!

I have acquired a few Nascar bits and bobbles over the years though. Here are a few I have in my stash.

nascar01.jpg nascar01.jpg nascar02.jpg nascar03.jpg nascar04.jpg nascar05.jpg nascar06.jpg nascar07.jpg nascar08.jpg

I have never been a big fan of Nascar (except for the crashes!), but I certainly remember the earliest car racing simulators being Nascar of course, and damn, those cars really ARE hard to drive.

I can watch Talladega,Fontana,Daytona and both road courses they use,Watkins and Sonoma. Can't be bothered with the short track stuff like Martinsville or Bristol. If I watch any of them,I'll pull for either Kurt or Kyle Busch.

. I also have a few Cars toys that I have bought one for the boy, and one for myself, (haha, right Mikey?). I have some Precision Series diecasts of Mater and Lightning, and even a Lego Mater.

Hey!! You're lucky. You have a son you can share stuff with. You don't think your boy will have a passion for cars? If he doesn't already. ( I'm envious ) If I could go back and do some things different and had been blessed with that,I'd be all over the Lego " city " series as well as some of the racing stuff. One set in particular that has my interest is the Mercedes Formula 1 pit set-up. If I recall its close to 800/900 pieces. And $129.00 at Toys R us Market Mall. Not something I'm going to rush out and get but,it is pretty cool.

OK here it comes ... 15 year old Daughter ... Barbies are done ... a good number of Teddy Bears are done
BUT there is one thing that will never hit our Annual Garage Sale Tables (over her dead body and when pigs fly)
The Pixar Cars Collection .... ya proud Dad ! Awesome movie too !​
IMG_2597.JPG
IMG_2601.JPG
IMG_2596.JPG
IMG_2600.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG
IMG_2599.JPG
IMG_2602.JPG
IMG_2605.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG
IMG_2604.JPG

OK here it comes ... 15 year old Daughter ... Barbies are done ... a good number of Teddy Bears are done
BUT there is one thing that will never hit our Annual Garage Sale Tables (over her dead body and when pigs fly)
The Pixar Cars Collection .... ya proud Dad ! Awesome movie too !​
View attachment 8922 View attachment 8923 View attachment 8924 View attachment 8926 View attachment 8925 View attachment 8927 View attachment 8928 View attachment 8929 View attachment 8930 View attachment 8931

Boy Spence.... I thought of you and your daughter today at an SPCA charity auction.... there was this kewl, as new, kids Disney fold-up chair that I bought. I thought afterwards "now where have I seen those cars lately"?......It would fit right in with your daughters collection... :rolleyes:

Disney chair.jpg

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Nice collection Spence...
Isn't there a Jeff Gorvette?

Graham

My Daughter didn't really go for the Cars2 stuff ... so "we" (I) saved the expense.
As far as adding a Jeff Gorvette to the collection ... I think you know the answer to that question ... Mr. "Intimidator" ;)
images.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nascar03
Boy Spence.... I thought of you and your daughter today at an SPCA charity auction.... there was this kewl, as new, kids Disney fold-up chair that I bought. I thought afterwards "now where have I seen those cars lately"?......It would fit right in with your daughters collection... :rolleyes:

View attachment 8973

:thumbs: A while back ... maybe ... but at 15, her preference in "seats" is already like mine (and many of ours) ... leather ... :thumbs:

:thumbs: A while back ... maybe ... but at 15, her preference in "seats" is already like mine (and many of ours) ... leather ... :thumbs:
yup...seats a little small for her age anyway... this is more of a grandchilds seat.... I have a couple of grand nieces and nephews it will fit....

I collect pretty much any die cast vehicles from 1:64 to 1:18, and everything in between. I'm not brand specific, so I collect all of them. At last count, my wife advised me that I was over the 2,000 mark! The majority are 1:64, and of the rest I would say 1/3 of the remaining items are either 1:18 or 1:24. I ran out of room in my man cave(basement) and garage, so I now have a small collection here at work. I will try to get some good pictures of part of my home collection, with cars, trucks, bikes, Nascar, NHRA, etc., but here some of the ones I have here at work.
work 2.jpg
Work 4.jpg
Work 3.jpg
Work 3.jpg
work.jpg
Work 5.jpg
Work 7.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.