1/18 C6R plain body version signed by Ron Fellows at a Shaganappi Chevrolet Corvette show/shine back in 09.

Attachments

• IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    624.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    531.5 KB · Views: 17
1/18 Jacques Villeneuve 1995 Reynard Ford and a 1/18 Greg Moore 1997 Reynard Mercedes.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.JPG
    IMG_0390.JPG
    592.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    683.1 KB · Views: 17
Although not die-cast related,this is probably my most prized piece.

Attachments

• IMG_0395.JPG
    IMG_0395.JPG
    503.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    553.2 KB · Views: 16
Mikey, that is a really nice print of the Greg Moore car.

May he Rest In Peace.:Angelsad2::canada::Angelsad2:
Thanks Blackie. My ex and I bought that print from a long since closed down diecast/race memorabilia store in west Edmonton mall back around 2000/2001 or so. It's a Perry Nelson creation. # 3 of 25. I only wish I'd bought the other 2 he had.

Thanks for bumping this post! I've never actually seen it before now, but this thread is awesome! Wayne, your pictures are fantastic, you are obviously a camera guy too! Where are those threads at? lol.

I have a bit of a collection myself. I started a Hot Wheels collection as a child like most of us did, but I kept all of mine. Individually wrapped in toilet paper and kept in shoe boxes for years. I had a fallout with my brother (we were room mates), and I left for a while to let him chill off, leaving all of my stuff behind. He took my cars and gave them to his toddler.

So I started a new collection, and years later I have a few thousand 1:64 cars, and several 1:18 and 1:24 scale cars, and several RCs. I also have a minor Lego collection of cars and Star Wars ships.

I shall need to update this thread with some pictures, which is part of the reason why I'm posting here so that the forum will remind me.

Cool stuff guys!

So I started a new collection, and years later I have a few thousand 1:64 cars, and several 1:18 and 1:24 scale cars, and several RCs. I also have a minor Lego collection of cars and Star Wars ships.

I shall need to update this thread with some pictures, which is part of the reason why I'm posting here so that the forum will remind me.

Cool stuff guys!

Don't you wish now that our parents would've had the foresight to buy 2 hot wheels cars for us as kids? One to play with,one to keep in the blister pack !! Some of those go for huge $$$ in the collector market.

Such as,the VW Beach Bomb. This'll make you sick.

Hot Wheels Convention: $125,000 Volkswagen Beach Bomb and Other Awesome Collectables

Ok I see we have a Diecast Collector Self-Help Group side on the Forum ... who knew ... so I might as well confess ...
I have an extensive collection of which there are many that I do not display out of original packaging.
I am a huge fan of Dale Earnhardt Sr. (part reason for my being SN-III on this Forum)
I am hooked on Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s Peter Max Paint Scheme Diecasts. "Have had" many and "still have" a select few.
Here is my first ever 1:18 scale Peter Max Standard Color Diecast along with two 1:24 gold plated versions
IMG_2555.JPG

Here are three 1:24 scale Dale Earnhardt IROC Camaros
IMG_2552.JPG

Met a fella on eBay who created 2 novelty Pixar Lightning McQueen Diecasts for me (these are one off) (great conversation pieces)
IMG_2553.JPG

Tony Stewart Autographed Diecasts became collectable for me following the February 2001 Tragedy at Daytona
(Earnhardt's Fatal Crash)
Below is the #20 Cup Champ Car is signed by Tony Stewart (driver) , Joe Gibbs (car owner) & Greg Zipadelli (crew chief)
The #8 is signed by Tony Stewart (driver) and Dale Earnhardt Jr (car owner)
Two more are authenticated Tony Stewart Signature Diecasts
IMG_2554.JPG

The 1:24 scale Dale Earnhardt Jr. "Born On" GM Dealer Diecast
(it's a high value collector diecast that you had to buy/obtain before the Daytona 500 win - lucky me!)
and a Paint Scheme Diecast in honour of his Dad
IMG_2556.JPG

I will end with a Nascar Driven Paint Scheme Diecast that has my first and last name on it.
Jimmy Spencer's Winston No Bull Scheme
(my first name being Jimmy's last name)
(my last name is the two words on the Hood)
IMG_2557.JPG

... it will be my attempt to join in on weekly meetings of this self-help group ...
- now back to my Corvette obsession -
hope y'all like ...
Cheers !!!

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Spence..
Those are awesome cars..
You can probably guess I am an Earnhardt fan as well by my moniker.
Those are great cars to have in your collection.
Thanx for posting.
Graham

Yes ... you are ... and I am ... and many more are too ... with true allegiance, we allow ourselves to profess. :thumbs:
Unfortunately I never got to meet Dale Earnhardt :( but I was handed the opportunity to place one glued nut on a wheel while in his pre-race pit.
Although Rusty Wallace won that Race, and that nut was double-checked, Thank God Dale didn't lose a wheel and all the nuts held tight (lol).
In my heart and in my character I find it an honor with the opportunity to share particular diecasts. I appreciate your commenting
and, without yet meeting, I also appreciate knowing that we have at least two things in common.:Shamefullyembarrased:

... I will likely be posting more of the collection in good time ...

Last edited:
Don't you wish now that our parents would've had the foresight to buy 2 hot wheels cars for us as kids? One to play with,one to keep in the blister pack !! Some of those go for huge $$$ in the collector market.

Such as,the VW Beach Bomb. This'll make you sick.

Hot Wheels Convention: $125,000 Volkswagen Beach Bomb and Other Awesome Collectables

I picked up a couple of car sets for my boy after he was born (Toy Story, and Star Wars vehicles), and kept them in the package. I mounted them high on his wall so that he couldn't reach them, and told him that they were collectors and that they were just for looking at, and someday they would be worth good money. I almost cried the day that he got smart enough to climb up onto his dresser and tore them down, and ripped open all of the packages.

That weblink has a few interesting cars too. I obviously do not have a Beach Bomb, but I do have several Surf Crates, and a few Deoras (I dig the surf boards). I'm not really a collector like the ones described in that page. I don't collect the cars for their value or rarity, I buy the cars that interest me. You'll never catch me spending thousands of dollars to buy a diecast.

I have a few redlines, but it is quite common for people to know they are worth money, so it's hard to get them at a reasonable price. Every now and again I find someone who has no idea, so I get a good deal.

Thanks for bumping this up! It reminds me that I need to take some pictures!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.