I could be wrong Mike but I think that place is no longer in business. If it is the same one they were in the extreme east end of Toronto south of the 401. They had lots of Paul Tracy stuff there as well.

Interesting because the last time I tried to go on the site it said something like "no longer activated" or some such language. He always had a lots of interesting items there and yes it was on Port Union Road. I will have to try again.

Thanks.

Interesting because the last time I tried to go on the site it said something like "no longer activated" or some such language. He always had a lots of interesting items there and yes it was on Port Union Road. I will have to try again.

Thanks.
Working fine on my end. He had a racing pool a few years that was a lot of fun. That's been down for 2 years now.

Do you recall if the place, Collectors studio is still around? Can't recall where he was,near downtown maybe? Maury was the owner. He had some really rare... and I mean rare in the sense of " holy cow,no way " rare. An original Stirling Moss Helmet. A Fangio cloth helmet/hat. The Chrome helmet Michael Schumacher wore in Japan/99. Six figures for that piece. Loads of other drivers helmets as well from all forms of racing. NASCAR,indycar,formula 1,sport cars,on and on.

Last edited:
These are from the Hallmark " legends of Flight " collection.

The Red Barons Fokker DRI 425
McDonnell Douglas F14 Tomcat
Curtiss P40 Warhawk.

I only wish now I had bought a few more of the Fokker. A few years later I saw 2 of them on eBay going for over $300.00 US. I paid $30.00 Cdn for it.

IMG 0859
IMG 0860
IMG 0861
IMG 0854
IMG 0855
IMG 0856
IMG 0858

IMG 0857

He was on Yorkville Avenue in Toronto. Have not been in that area for a long time so I do not know if he is still there or not. You are right Mike, he had some rare offerings. Expensive but rare.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
He was on Yorkville Avenue in Toronto. Have not been in that area for a long time so I do not know if he is still there or not. You are right Mike, he had some rare offerings. Expensive but rare.
I damn near fell over the first time I browsed his website. Lottery winnings required was my first thought.

I just got home from a trip out to the Okanogan, where my wife and I had ourselves a bit of entertainment browsing through some markets and antique stores. She was able to successfully browse through many shops without buying anything, but I wound up bringing a few things home with me.

Attachments

• 20170616_213424.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20170616_211304.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 20170616_210041.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20170616_204629.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • 20170616_203703.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20170616_203433.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20170616_202112.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20170616_202044.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20170616_201936.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
I just got home from a trip out to the Okanogan, where my wife and I had ourselves a bit of entertainment browsing through some markets and antique stores. She was able to successfully browse through many shops without buying anything, but I wound up bringing a few things home with me.
Ohhhh,what a nice haul you found !! The dune buggy in the second pic brings back memories. I had 2 of those. Very nice find J.

Each picture essentially shows different groups of purchases. Obviously the Red Box truck required a few pictures of its own, and the carded pics just because they wouldn't all fit in the same picture.

The first picture was a set I found in the bottom corner of a cabinet in an antique store in Armstrong when I was chastising my son for touching things that he shouldn't. The lovely lady that owned the store told me that in the forty seven years she has been there that children had only broken something three times, and she lost count how many times adults broke things. While I was crouched down talking to my boy, I spotted the Flying Bug in an old tray that was wrapped in a plastic bag. Trying to describe it is hard, but it was just there. Not a proud display or anything, just another bag of stuff, so I asked her to pull it out, and had to give her directions through the case to even find it so that she could retrieve it. The tray was from an old Matchbox case and was so brittle that it was falling apart just touching it. She told me that she didn't know anything about these cars as she had three girls. These 12 cars were in the tray and I bought the whole lot for $20. The Flying Bug, Tyre Fryer, Road Dragster, and Countach are all SuperFasts, and are older than some of our fellow CCF members. The SuperVan is a Macau casting, and the 300ZX is a Burnin' Key car. I think I got my money's worth.

The second picture is the most expensive single purchases I bought, but they are also pretty special. The Woodie is a Hi-Raker and easily worth the $5 I paid. The Lamborghini Mazla and Beach Buggy (1969 and 1970 respectively) at $10 each are in very good condition for their age. The Twin Mill is an original Redline from 1968, so I begrudgingly went over my usual max and paid $18 for it so that I could round out my collection of Twin Mills.

The rest of the open cars came from picking through boxes of mass collections and varied in price from 50 cents to $1, and there are some fantastic finds in there. These ones are my favorites! I love picking through and finding these treasures that people just don't care about. A Nomad, a 32 Vicky, and a 72 442 are just a few of the massive scores. The Stutz and the 928 are both cars that I had when I was a kid, and it blows my mind to see these cars sell for $15-20 each.

The next time I go down there, I need to visit a couple of these people again when I can go by myself and have some time to pick through their stuff instead of having to move along quickly for the short patience of a five-year-old. At least two of them told me they have boxes and boxes of open cars that I can pick through. I'm really looking forward to it!

My boy is starting school next week, and I received an e-mail from the school to advise me of some supplies that I need to have ready for when he starts. One of the items on the list was a lunch box, and my wife and I both reminisced about the cool old themed metal lunch boxes from our youth. So of course I had to take a look around at some antique and collectibles stores to see if I could find something cool. Alas, I didn't find a lunch box that I liked, but I did find these.....

First up, some Johnny Lightning HO scale ThunderJet 500 cars still in the boxes. Score!

20170824 220538

Secondly, I finally found a Vette Van for a good price! I've been looking for one of these for years (I had one as a kid), but any that I have found were outrageously priced. The other car is a Cooper race car, nothing special, just old and cool.
20170824 221054

And finally, I found a couple of Mustang sets for a really good price. The top one is cool because a buddy of mine has this car in real life, and in the same color. His is actually a BOSS 351 whereas this is a BOSS 429, but it was too cool to pass up.

20170824 221612

I'm still looking for a metal lunch pail (preferably something Hot Wheels or Cars), but I'm a bit afraid to keep going to these stores to look for one. lol.

I have a collection. But have not bought much in the last 10 years. Not many brick and mortar that sell the nice ones. I like going too the stores and maybe see something better or something else too buy. Not a fan of online shopping.

I have a collection. But have not bought much in the last 10 years. Not many brick and mortar that sell the nice ones. I like going too the stores and maybe see something better or something else too buy. Not a fan of online shopping.
I have a few "nice" and "rare" on this forum looking for new owner(s) at well under 50% of my cost.
Might fit your desire, maybe not - no harm letting you know though ... links,
Elite White Gold Dale Earnhardt Jr Bud Diecast
Elite White Gold Dale Earnhardt Jr Camo Diecast
Elite White Gold Tony Stewart Holiday Diecast
Cheers!

sheesh....you guys and your die cast.... I figured the little Hot Wheels Corvette give-a-ways for the kids was a great idea so I actually found a few of those.... Then the other day at a garage sale, there were several 1/18 die casts .... No box but I thought this one was pretty kewl and would look good in the Vette cave.... And for 3 bucks, I figured what the heck....

57 Vette
57 Vette1

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.