Can anyone recommend who to contact within GM Canada to verify dealer allocations? I contacted my dealer yesterday and they told me they received zero allocations in the last two months. Prior to that they were averaging about 2 a month. I suspect they are inserting "V.I.P" clients ahead of those of us on the waiting list, but there is no way they would admit that. I want to be able to write someone to ask how many the dealership is actually getting. Any help would be appreciated...

Can anyone recommend who to contact within GM Canada to verify dealer allocations? I contacted my dealer yesterday and they told me they received zero allocations in the last two months. Prior to that they were averaging about 2 a month. I suspect they are inserting "V.I.P" clients ahead of those of us on the waiting list, but there is no way they would admit that. I want to be able to write someone to ask how many the dealership is actually getting. Any help would be appreciated...
GM will not tell you anything, that’s dealers private information.

Thanks for the input, it's appreciated. I was hoping to be able to order in late May, but this setback means the short summer here will be another write-off. If the dealer tells me in August (or later) that my turn is up I will pass until next year. It's unfortunate my dealer has a no-refund deposit policy, little recourse but to wait it out.

Thanks for the input, it's appreciated. I was hoping to be able to order in late May, but this setback means the short summer here will be another write-off. If the dealer tells me in August (or later) that my turn is up I will pass until next year. It's unfortunate my dealer has a no-refund deposit policy, little recourse but to wait it out.
My 2c never pass up an allocation, with price increases and constraints etc.. plus the fact you don't know when GM will give your dealer allocations, way to many variables to guarantee a spring delivery. I ordered my 2022 in August and had it by mid September, 2 months of fall driving was spectacular!

Also if you don't trust your dealer do you really think he will submit a prime March allocation to you ?

Reactions: NickRapidC8
Also if you don't trust your dealer do you really think he will submit a prime March allocation to you ?
You have a valid point, there could be another batch of V.I.P.s jumping the queue at that time.
In all fairness, I am trying to give the dealership the benefit of the doubt, but the lack of transparency does not make it easy.
We will see what happens next month. If I haven't moved up the line, I will trigger the "Ontario" protocol, which is to look for a new or used C8 on the open market that is not too inflated in price. I would drive it until I had a solid order in with GM, then sell it locally, perhaps making a small profit or at least breaking even, as prices here are about 5k to 10k higher than out east.

Squeezing out a big profit is tough when taxes are involved in every transaction, depending on your province that is. Recovering $15k of taxes is difficult each time it changes hands. When buying at MSRP and selling for $20k-$30k over it is much easier for the first transaction in the chain. Anyone in the queue that passes on their allocation due to a constraint is being held as a VIP and can jump back in at any time, check with your dealer.

Squeezing out a big profit is tough when taxes are involved in every transaction, depending on your province that is. Recovering $15k of taxes is difficult each time it changes hands. When buying at MSRP and selling for $20k-$30k over it is much easier for the first transaction in the chain. Anyone in the queue that passes on their allocation due to a constraint is being held as a VIP and can jump back in at any time, check with your dealer.
Not really so long as you are utilizing your dealership to facilitate the transactions (trade in or sell through).

If you are trying to profit privately and paying the taxes best of luck ...hard to do unless you are selling to a dealership who can claim the taxes back.

Reactions: OakvilleC8
It's not my first choice to buy on the open market, but at least in Manitoba you can apply for a refund of the provincial sales tax if you sell one car and buy another within six months. To get the GST back, I would have to trade in to the dealer, and who knows what kind of deal I would be able to get.
I saw a brand new 2022 3LT non-z51 yesterday on Autotrader, in Vernon, BC for around $111k. It's already gone, but I'll keep an eye out. I'm hoping the list will start moving next month and I can avoid all this. Life is too short for me to go another summer with no sports car :cool:

Reactions: Bunny hop
Life is too short for me to go another summer with no sports car :cool:
Depends on how old you are! In my younger days I would have wrapped this car around a tree or something lol! (Almost did that in a Jaguar F type) Now that I’m older and marginally wiser I drive it with the care and respect needed to avoid catastrophe!

So if I understand this right, the next day for possible C8 allocations to dealers is Thursday April 21, however I read CDN dealers almost never get a second C8 allocation in a single month, correct?
So realistically the next allocation date should be Thursday May 5th, then after that May 19th, then 2 weeks after that, etc.
I'm going to be contacting my dealer a lot more from now on, so I need to work out the best days to get answers.
Please let me know if I have anything incorrect/slightly inaccurate/way out to lunch/what planet are you from/etc.

So if I understand this right, the next day for possible C8 allocations to dealers is Thursday April 21, however I read CDN dealers almost never get a second C8 allocation in a single month, correct?
So realistically the next allocation date should be Thursday May 5th, then after that May 19th, then 2 weeks after that, etc.
I'm going to be contacting my dealer a lot more from now on, so I need to work out the best days to get answers.
Please let me know if I have anything incorrect/slightly inaccurate/way out to lunch/what planet are you from/etc.
Correct.

I'll help you guys as I'm in touch with Spencer's regularly and I'm also waiting on my allocation.