@wlgj not sure why you ended up dealing with a Quebec dealer, there was no way in hell I was going to drop any coin on a C8 down here in Mtl. When I walked into the Brossard dealer, huge 2 floor brand new building, they were more concerned to serve the customer wanting info on an SUV than to show me round to drool over a couple of their winter stored C8's holding for customers. They told me to go online if I needed more info on the car. Walked out frustrated.

Then wanting to double dip between QC and ON, I called them this time, asking if I could go on their list and know what number I would be, sales guy took my name, I was ready to drop a deposit, said he would call me back and nothing. Based on the fact that they had about 3 C8s in storage for the winter, that told me they got about 1 per month. No thanks not interested.

The rest like they say is history. Won't give away where my deposit(s) are sitting, but it is in ON. Easy drive to go get the car and bring it back up here. Plus ON has some known places who can do drop springs or collars, and hoping I can find a deal to allow me to wrap my entire C8 in PPF Stealth.

Good luck with the wait, hoping to get to know the QC guys on here for future meets.
Good luck with your order , I’m in Montréal, took possession of my C8 last year in April from a QC dealer , was not the greatest experience but I got a car .

Hearing deep within that Canada's allocations are going to be worse in 2023 than they were in 2022 which will be down about 1% compared to 2021. It's not just Corvette, Camaro, CT4 and CT5 production is about stop for the rest of the 22 production cycle and the Ft Wayne plant is shutting down 2500 production for 2 weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: Gilles27
Hearing deep within that Canada's allocations are going to be worse in 2023 than they were in 2022 which will be down about 1% compared to 2021. It's not just Corvette, Camaro, CT4 and CT5 production is about stop for the rest of the 22 production cycle and the Ft Wayne plant is shutting down 2500 production for 2 weeks.
They were down last week, they pulled out orders from me. It si still very ugly and fragile out there!!!

@wlgj not sure why you ended up dealing with a Quebec dealer, there was no way in hell I was going to drop any coin on a C8 down here in Mtl. When I walked into the Brossard dealer, huge 2 floor brand new building, they were more concerned to serve the customer wanting info on an SUV than to show me round to drool over a couple of their winter stored C8's holding for customers. They told me to go online if I needed more info on the car. Walked out frustrated.

Then wanting to double dip between QC and ON, I called them this time, asking if I could go on their list and know what number I would be, sales guy took my name, I was ready to drop a deposit, said he would call me back and nothing. Based on the fact that they had about 3 C8s in storage for the winter, that told me they got about 1 per month. No thanks not interested.

The rest like they say is history. Won't give away where my deposit(s) are sitting, but it is in ON. Easy drive to go get the car and bring it back up here. Plus ON has some known places who can do drop springs or collars, and hoping I can find a deal to allow me to wrap my entire C8 in PPF Stealth.

Good luck with the wait, hoping to get to know the QC guys on here for future meets.
I phoned a couple of dealers in Ontario , one in Ottawa and another place , I cannot remember, because. that was 2 years ago. I even called Alberta. Anyway never got called back by the Ontario dealers. My salesman is very helpful but like he says , he depends on GM , who are not sending him any or not enough. I am second on their list , so hopefully will get one this year. He has a list of about 30 people waiting. Maybe meet one day at a Vette gathering.

The dealer can enter your order in Workbench at any time. Some dealers do and others wait until an allocation arrives. I believe, though don't quote me, that of the big three, only Brian Cullen does give you an order number when you give them your deposit. I know Spencers doesn't and I don't believe Wilson Nibblet does either
I gave Cullen a deposit last July and I didn't get an order #....Just how many were ahead of me? Frustrating process to say the least....

I gave Cullen a deposit last July and I didn't get an order #....Just how many were ahead of me? Frustrating process to say the least....
I got one from them, but perhaps that was because I ordered July 30th 2019. I guess if they can't get you a current model year car they won't enter it. That makes sense since 2023 order window just opened.

Hang in there. I’ve been waiting 20 months (july 2020) at a small dealer like you. i just got a event code 2000 today.. i think maybe you are a few months away from an allocation.
Yeah, I know I need to remain patient, but the lack of info makes it hard. I'm actually dealing with Cullen, so a fairly big Vette dealership, thought it would be quicker, but I guess not...

I put my deposit at Cullen last February and I am still at 14 and they only seem to get about 3 cars a month. What number are you at?
Cullen said I was 114, so he said definitely not this year, and probably late summer of 23?, but still said they have no idea how many they will get this year, other than he's expecting less than last year?

Cullen said I was 114, so he said definitely not this year, and probably late summer of 23?, but still said they have no idea how many they will get this year, other than he's expecting less than last year?
It has been a very unusual few years. When I ordered mine in July of 2019 they expected over 100. That was when Chevrolet expected to make 40,000 2020's. We know that never happened. I started at 83 at that time and did move up a fair amount. You could move up through attrition. If they are saying late summer 2023 than it will be a 2024 MY most likely and tells us that the large dealers are only expecting allocations, at most, in the 70's per year. Quite a reduction for sure.

Reactions: butsy
To give you some perspective, my brother put his deposit in early October 2020, he received his car mid December 2021, so about 15 months. Your mileage may vary!

I have another order with MacMaster in london from last May and I was 21 on their list and I was just told they are only getting 5 this year so mine will most likely be for 2024 but by fluke I stopped into my small local dealer last August and placed an order with him and they received that allocation and my order accepted on February 15 this year. It’s still sitting at 3000 status hopefully it’s built soon.

I was in last week and they said the next update in this Tuesday. I’m hoping for a date then. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for length from accepted orders to actual build dates

My sales guy just sent me a email yesterday saying my build date was 4/18 , Shane at the vette museum had that information for me two weeks ago. The dealers have quite a delay getting up to date information

My sales guy just sent me a email yesterday saying my build date was 4/18 , Shane at the vette museum had that information for me two weeks ago. The dealers have quite a delay getting up to date information
Just get your VIN# and track it yourself using Murray's daily production numbers