Yup correct Stingray 2023 allocations came out today however this is rare that CDN dealers receive them on the second half of the month.

The big allocation (fingers crossed) should be the week of April 4th however maybe GM will trickle again next week on the 31st...

Being new to this and like most very anxious to get a call. How does the allocations work? Does GM give them them the dealers their allocations for the year now or is it just x amount for a period of time and then more will be given? If its for the year I should be checking with my dealer to see where I'm at. They did indicated when I put my money down in July that I would likely be getting a 2023
Thanks in advance
Mike

Being new to this and like most very anxious to get a call. How does the allocations work? Does GM give them them the dealers their allocations for the year now or is it just x amount for a period of time and then more will be given? If its for the year I should be checking with my dealer to see where I'm at. They did indicated when I put my money down in July that I would likely be getting a 2023
Thanks in advance
Mike
Allocations are given in no specific order. They used to tell each dealer their expected yearly allocations, but whether because of the pandemic or parts shortage etc. they seem to have left that a thing of the past. Now they come with no rhyme or reason. All we really know is that they do give more allocations to the larger dealers.
The main thing for you to understand is the need to know how many allocations they received in past years and where you are on their list. That will give you some idea of when you can expect an allocation to be awarded to you.

Reactions: Tindale
I'm guessing once they say that have your allocation you can make the actual order and then wait the process. And sounds like its maybe another week before we here the allocations were given.
Once again, thanks

I'm guessing once they say that have your allocation you can make the actual order and then wait the process. And sounds like its maybe another week before we here the allocations were given.
Once again, thanks
The dealer can enter your order in Workbench at any time. Some dealers do and others wait until an allocation arrives. I believe, though don't quote me, that of the big three, only Brian Cullen does give you an order number when you give them your deposit. I know Spencers doesn't and I don't believe Wilson Nibblet does either

Reactions: MikeR
Once again, thanks

You're correct that once your dealer gets a 2023 Stingray allocation, in an ideal world he consults his "list" and gives that allocation to the next person on that list. If it's you, you're then contacted and told you need to put in your order by specifying exactly what you want in terms of the exterior colour, options, etc. At that time, your dealer should tell you if any of the options you want are "on constraint", meaning they're not currently available from factory. And if so, what your alternatives are, if any. You should also be told the price and if I were you, I'd ask for ALL pricing which means find out what the dealer intends to charge you for any "dealer extra charges" such as a "document fee" or others, so you know exactly what to expect when the vehicle comes in PLUS I'd get all that in writing so there's no surprises later when it comes to your final payment upon picking up the vehicle.

When you have to make your order, you'll likely have a limited time to do so. Your dealer will tell you when you must have the order finalized and in his hands, so he can submit it to GM in time. For that reason, it's best to be prepared in advance and know what you're going to order. You'll get helpful info in advance from your dealer or from these Forums, when it comes to option or accessory selection plus like the rest of us you can spend countless hours using the Corvette configurator or the "Build & Price" software on the GM website, to better make your choices.

Keep in mind that if you're financing or paying a "luxury car tax" (the Feds will supposedly implement this new tax on September 1/22 for vehicles worth over $100,000), the more accessories/options you add onto your vehicle, the higher the final price. So you'll be paying more for interest if financed...and perhaps more for the "luxury car tax". For that reason, you should explore other alternatives in advance and decide (for example) if you want to buy optional equipment later (assuming they can be installed on your vehicle later)...or accessories that usually can be installed later (ie. floor mats) from your dealer or a GM-wholesaler (often cheaper than your dealer) or an after-market supplier. Once again, if you research what's out there and where to get it, you'll be better prepared and know what to order and what you can get elsewhere (likely for less money). Or for the truly addicted like me, you can actually buy these things in advance and have them ready to install once you get your C8.

Then finally, keep in mind that placing an order is just one step along the way, to getting your C8. You're then on the "treadmill" and waiting for your vehicle to move up the production chain, until it's finally produced, shipped then delivered to your dealer then you. You can ask your dealer about its progress and the dealer can tell you what "production code" your vehicle is currently at. Once you make it to "code 3000" then your order is 99.99% set in stone and can no longer be changed, because that means it's been accepted by factory for actual production. A description of these production codes is readily available on the Web and has been discussed several times on these Forums. The best advice I can give you is to "learn patience" during all of this and realize you're with the rest of us who've gone through this process and one day, you'll likely be driving your new C8 with a big grin on your face and the wind blowing in your hair with all this past order/production history in your rearview mirror and soon forgotten. Good luck and welcome to the Forums!

Good info, thanks.
I think I can recite my build from memory for what i want, lol. I already have new rims, cover, jacking pucks and travel mugs awaiting :) That being said I haven't looked hard yet at the 2023 build info.
My understanding with the luxury tax is its just on the amount over the 100K but since its not law yet that I know not sure if we know for sure. Would really like to have it before September so I get some seat time before winter.

Once you make it to "code 3000" then your order is 99.99% set in stone and can no longer be changed, because that means it's been accepted by factory for actual production.
It's at 2000 that it can't be changed. It is accepted by GM and they know they can build it the way it is ordered. Sometimes they will change your order if parts or options become constrained. They won't accept an order that has constraints on it. I have heard of GM asking particular dealers if they have orders that are optioned a certain way.

Good info, thanks.
I think I can recite my build from memory for what i want, lol. I already have new rims, cover, jacking pucks and travel mugs awaiting :) That being said I haven't looked hard yet at the 2023 build info.
My understanding with the luxury tax is its just on the amount over the 100K but since its not law yet that I know not sure if we know for sure. Would really like to have it before September so I get some seat time before winter.

Good for you MikeR. It sounds like you're well on your way to "the promised land". lol

The proposed "new vehicle" luxury tax has been discussed elsewhere on these Forums and I'm sure almost all of us are hoping its continued delay eventually results in it being scrapped altogether. But in the meantime, here's a government release providing some details:

It's at 2000 that it can't be changed. It is accepted by GM and they know they can build it the way it is ordered. Sometimes they will change your order if parts or options become constrained. They won't accept an order that has constraints on it. I have heard of GM asking particular dealers if they have orders that are optioned a certain way.
So I'm curious as to what would GM change on an order? Do I then have to accept a car that is not built to my spec? Has anyone had this happen to their order?

I have been at 3000 since Feb 15 and no change yet as of today. Hopefully it's built soon
That seems to be a very long time at 3000, my 2 C8's went quick from 3000,3300,3400. I'm sure you could find a C8 quick at the railyard in your backyard!

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8