EZERUSS

Casual User
Nov 16, 2014
Chilliwack BC
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Convertible
I just had my first oil change done at 800km. The service writer was not aware of the change to have the first oil change done at 800km and he thought I was crazy. But when I returned to pick up the car he had reviewed the bulletin and was up to speed.
Anyway the real reason for the post is I found it very cool that the redline on all displays was changed from about 4500 - 5000 up to 6500. The yellow orange colour was now white all the way to 6500.
So I did what every new Corvette owner would do with a new found Rev limit and I tested it out.
Awesome simply awesome.
Later...

Testing is a very important process in Corvette ownership. Unfortunately many could never openly speak to how we test. Just the other day, I did some great driving in the shorthills where we live which has some great turns that are marked as 15km/h and, as well, some great hills and switchbacks. When I do this run on my motorcycle, I get low enough in the turns to run my inside hand on the roadway. Got the first Z06 run on the new PDR and it was something to see afterwords....until the wife told me, " You know you can't post that don't you?"

In all honesty, it wasn't that bad at all and was a great run but you never know right...takes one person...location, time and date is right there...along with your voice as you are driving.

Testing is a very important process in Corvette ownership. Unfortunately many could never openly speak to how we test. Just the other day, I did some great driving in the shorthills where we live which has some great turns that are marked as 15km/h and, as well, some great hills and switchbacks. When I do this run on my motorcycle, I get low enough in the turns to run my inside hand on the roadway. Got the first Z06 run on the new PDR and it was something to see afterwords....until the wife told me, " You know you can't post that don't you?"

In all honesty, it wasn't that bad at all and was a great run but you never know right...takes one person...location, time and date is right there...along with your voice as you are driving.

Do you have the Cosworth software yet? If not install it. The data that is in the captured video is pretty amazing. I was amazed when I saw I was pulling 1.3g's in a corner while at Spring Mountain. Wish they had provided the PDR for the 2014's :(

I am not sure what you mean by Cosworth software, but the PDR has the updates for the better picture and several different screens can be chosen with various overlays. One depicts the G-Force as well as several other attributes. is that what you are speaking of?

I am not sure what you mean by Cosworth software, but the PDR has the updates for the better picture and several different screens can be chosen with various overlays. One depicts the G-Force as well as several other attributes. is that what you are speaking of?

Les, the PDR software was developed by Cosworth for GM. If you go to their site there is a free download for loading the Cosworth Toolbox PDR analysis software. Just input your name and email and they will send you a link for the free download.

Enjoy!

Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.