Casual User
May 4, 2022
West Hill, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray,
Province
ON
Hello everyone,, first oil change coming up, 15% life, just under 10k, 2019 base stingray. What is a fair price for oil change? Dealer quoting "around $ 250" they said.
I dont have the time to DIY, so I am asking what you fellows would consider a " fair" price. Location Toronto, GTA
ANY replies are always appreciated.

• Wow
Reactions: Canuck204
Hello everyone,, first oil change coming up, 15% life, just under 10k, 2019 base stingray. What is a fair price for oil change? Dealer quoting "around $ 250" they said.
I dont have the time to DIY, so I am asking what you fellows would consider a " fair" price. Location Toronto, GTA
For the 2019 model year, GM recommends using SAE 0W-40 dexos2. This oil is expensive as some dealers are asking around $25 for 946ml container. At that price, $250 sounds about right for a non-Z51 car, which calls for 6.6 liters with a filter change. GM dealers here in the Edmonton area charge just over $300 for a Z51 or Z06 car which uses more oil as they have a dry sump (9.3 liters).

If you don't track your car, GM states that SAE 5W-30 dexos1 full synthetic engine oil may be used for street use. I had the dealer change the oil on my 2014 Stingray using 5W-30 Mobil 1 and the cost for oil and filter was just a tad over $120.

• Useful
Reactions: MKinOntario
For the 2019 model year, GM recommends using SAE 0W-40 dexos2. This oil is expensive as some dealers are asking around $25 for 946ml container. At that price, $250 sounds about right for a non-Z51 car, which calls for 6.6 liters with a filter change. GM dealers here in the Edmonton area charge just over $300 for a Z51 or Z06 car which uses more oil as they have a dry sump (9.3 liters).

If you don't track your car, GM states that SAE 5W-30 dexos1 full synthetic engine oil may be used for street use. I had the dealer change the oil on my 2014 Stingray using 5W-30 Mobil 1 and the cost for oil and filter was just a tad over $120.
Thank you zedaholic !! Helpful info

Reactions: Zedaholic
Yikes! It should be closer to half that much. Lots of places let you bring your own oil and filter for them to change out, this dealership it taking you for a ride.

It is so hard to compare labour rates between locations of dealerships. A big dealership within the GTA has spent big $$ on building the store plus the big variable the price of the land that all the buildings sit on not to mention the taxes on that site . They may have $20-$30 million invested in the physical structures and that has to earn a return on investment. On the other hand a store located in Coburg may only have $15 million invested so labour rates are quite different.

Maybe it's "his" first oil change? I thought the same thing, and also noted < 10K miles/kms.
Yes,, should gave clarified, bought it a year ago with 5 k kms, has now just under 9.5k and displays at 15% life, so, as a "second" owner it will be my first time tsking it for oil change,,, thanks fr all the replies, very helpful.

Yes,, should gave clarified, bought it a year ago with 5 k kms, has now just under 9.5k and displays at 15% life, so, as a "second" owner it will be my first time tsking it for oil change,,, thanks fr all the replies, very helpful.
I'll be asking thr same questions, soon enough. :)

Buy a set of ramps, a filter, 8 litres of oil. Back car onto ramps. Remove oil drain plug. Remove oil filter. Drain oil. Install new filter. Put drain plug back in. Refill oil. Check level. Drive to Fat Burger. Recheck oil level. Enjoy lunch. Total cost including lunch, $120.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Buy a set of ramps, a filter, 8 litres of oil. Back car onto ramps. Remove oil drain plug. Remove oil filter. Drain oil. Install new filter. Put drain plug back in. Refill oil. Check level. Drive to Fat Burger. Recheck oil level. Enjoy lunch. Total cost including lunch, $120.
You forgot the drive to the recycling center for the used oil and then on to Fat Burger. ;)

Reactions: Bixter44
But Why??
So I can have the oil changed in my C8 in less time that it takes most people to drive to the dealership. I also don't have to worry about the 1st year apprentice (or worse) who can't pick out a C8 from the parking lot 2 times out of three. Don't imagine for a moment that Chuck from Conti's You Tube channel is doing your oil change. Do it yourself, do it right, it's easy, it's cheap. As a benefit it gets me out of the house where there are "other" things that I will likely be directed to do. "Sorry honey-bun, the C8 needs an oil change. Should finish up by suppertime"......

:thumbs:

If you are concerned with the cost of an oil change you should consider trading the C8 for something less expensive and apply your savings to maintenance of that car.

Reactions: Pocono kid
If you are concerned with the cost of an oil change you should consider trading the C8 for something less expensive and apply your savings to maintenance of that car.
Relax, The rich don't become rich by not being flamboyant! We all are concerned with our finances, or should be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.