I just bet that Orange "Big Brother" in the next Bay over has been nothing but a "Spoiled Brat" right from the Factory ā€¦ probably thinking he's the next best thing since "Sliced Bread" ā€¦ What arrogance heh? ...
That "Black Wonder" is something else to be desired though ā€¦
never-to-end and highly-maintained (as in CF "bling") love of a different sort ā€¦ :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Another update on the add ons.
Yesterday the rear spoiler went on with no issues and not a smudge on my car.. which was a relief. I had big anxiety about that big rear facia piece coming off. The guy who does this over at Sherwood Pk is meticulously patient and really takes pride in his work. Big šŸ‘ to Clay over there.

I did the install of my wind deflector my self which went really good with an old set of electrical pliers, roll of tape, empty bottle of car wash soap, pairs of pliers, an Alan wrench I managed to get the #40 torx out with, a small piece of Ziggyā€™s 3M moulding tale and a beer opener to help dig the rug up. Thatā€™s my main set of tools in this garage.
The wind deflector is another reasonably priced product that is very good quality and easy to put in. They offer 3 power options for the lightning.
1) 9v battery box that you just run the wires to and switch on or off.
2) A power plug that you just plug in or yank out for the lighting.
3) A direct connection to fuse 37 in the rear fuse box.
With all of these options you can add a dimmer module that comes with a remote control (like a little FOB) similar to the mild to wild one. This dimmer box can be added into any of the 3 power configuration options.
I got all 3 just to compare and decide.
I went with the power to fuse 37 and the dimmer module set up.
Big thumbs up šŸ‘ for @Windrestrictor

A couple things on this install.
1) The carpet in your Corvette is the lowest quality crap Iā€™ve ever experienced. Follow the instructions to move the carpet out of the way and remove that D ring even though you brain is telling you itā€™s so far way from the job it isnā€™t necessary. It is. This carpet rips like tissue. (For once I followed the instructions thank goodness)
2) The dimming module has really bad connections for the power wires. Old school and poor quality spring loaded speaker wire connections that do not hold the wires worth a damn. No big deal unless you are hiding all this under the carpet and it comes apart. Which you are and it does. This is the only thing they need to improve. I had a ton of trouble getting these connections to bite and ended up taping them closed onto the wires to help hold them in. The rest of the wiring job is easy and the wire is completely hidden except for 2 inches that jump from the deflector to the rubber moulding.

Overall a great product and it actually keeps the wind down on the coupe very well on initial road tests last evening.

View attachment 17982View attachment 17983View attachment 17984View attachment 17985View attachment 17986View attachment 17987View attachment 17988View attachment 17989View attachment 17990

Great post thanks for the shout out! Looks amazing. We will stand behind it 100% please let us know if anything at all ever comes up!

Added these in September.

Ya actually forgot to take a pic of the taillight bezels installed. šŸ˜‚

D4FB9AE3-FEC7-4037-AC07-9BE53BB0BC38.jpeg
742E01C7-CFA2-4915-BB24-98780104F9D3.jpeg
E958C1DB-B2FD-4CDF-B0D2-6D30F478C4AF.jpeg
1C7EDE3D-4832-422E-A134-8216F48FAE4B.jpeg

:Shy: geez ... caught-up in a double-meaning ā€¦ when coining a phrase "vette-berdashery"

sorry .. deleted my previous message intending to refer to these add-ons as awesome "notions"
derived from a term commonly used in old-english - but - since discovering it has been
trashed in urban dictionary. My late father-in-law respectfully used the term all the time
and I grew with it. Remembering it used by him when suiting up for a wedding 3 decades ago :Wideyed:.

Interesting is that I found it humorous watching an Old Batman show a few nights ago
where Robin used the phrase "Holy Haberdashery" which I implied to as the
notions (trinkets and add-ons) of a peddler ...
it however is implied to today in the urban dictionary with a meaning of "B.S."
which is definitely not the intent here - and is "vette-berdashery" in itself :Banghead:
ā€¦ now thinking Robin said something that is found to be rather humorous for us today ā€¦
"Holy B.S. Batman"

and so in keeping it simple ...
... Awesome CF Add-ons "Batman" :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
I actually appreciate the photo of the bezels not installed Derek
Thank you for sharing with the bezel removed from the rear tail lights
as I have been toying with acquiring the Z06 rear lights for the
sterling blue stingray as I feel the white lights suit it.
Your photo shows me that the swap-out of the tail light lenses
will not be easy as the screws are for attaching the
assembly to the back panel and not toward the hatch back tub.
1C7EDE3D-4832-422E-A134-8216F48FAE4B.jpeg
photos below of the different tail lights on our Sterling Blue (left photo) ...
liking the clear look ... but would be quite an effort to get 'er dun.
YYSSW shouda just bought the +$30k Z06 Sister (in the right photo)
they were actually for sale beside each other :Banghead: (ours just to the right of it)
14347949993x1000.jpg$_59.jpg

Last edited:
That spoiler is sharp looking Derek... I'm thinking of doing something similar plus a new larger splitter.. Will not be going carbon fibre though. Thinking maybe black.

Not sure what Corvette Central has Rick. They donā€™t carry the Carbon Fibre stuff I was looking for so I poked around with various vendors in the US.
I found a really good Ebay vendor for carbon fibre, and the best storefront vendor I found is Corvette Mods out of Texas. They have painted and carbon fibre stuff. They are good to deal with and use USPS / Canada Post, not the brown trucks that guarantee duty charges every time. Pretty sure they will have everything you are looking for to keep the Super Ray planted. šŸ‘

Not sure what Corvette Central has Rick. They donā€™t carry the Carbon Fibre stuff I was looking for so I poked around with various vendors in the US.
I found a really good Ebay vendor for carbon fibre, and the best storefront vendor I found is Corvette Mods out of Texas. They have painted and carbon fibre stuff. They are good to deal with and use USPS / Canada Post, not the brown trucks that guarantee duty charges every time. Pretty sure they will have everything you are looking for to keep the Super Ray planted. šŸ‘

Thanks Derek, Will check with those vendors to see what they have. I have dealt with Corvette Central and they've been go so far... Not sure what they carry in the way of spoilers though. Will see what Corvette Mods have, I'll most likely end up spoiled for choice and won't be able to decide which ones to get... I do have to do something though to keep my front end on the ground...

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?
They are out of Montreal. They make all sorts of body add ons. Nice stuff from the looks of it.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
Their prices seem reasonable compared to US companies especially when you add exchange and shipping and duties if there are any.
Will shop around a bit more before I pull the trigger.

They have great reviews as well. Although not always 100% reliable itā€™s a good place to look before you buy.
One big positive is they are in Canada.
Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the new look. šŸ˜€

They have great reviews as well. Although not always 100% reliable itā€™s a good place to look before you buy.
One big positive is they are in Canada.
Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the new look. šŸ˜€
I'll be doing a lot more research before I buy.
It should look pretty good when done. Stage 3 Wickerbill spoiler and a zo6 splitter. May change out the difussers as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread