Another update on the add ons.
Yesterday the rear spoiler went on with no issues and not a smudge on my car.. which was a relief. I had big anxiety about that big rear facia piece coming off. The guy who does this over at Sherwood Pk is meticulously patient and really takes pride in his work. Big 👍 to Clay over there.

I did the install of my wind deflector my self which went really good with an old set of electrical pliers, roll of tape, empty bottle of car wash soap, pairs of pliers, an Alan wrench I managed to get the #40 torx out with, a small piece of Ziggy’s 3M moulding tale and a beer opener to help dig the rug up. That’s my main set of tools in this garage.
The wind deflector is another reasonably priced product that is very good quality and easy to put in. They offer 3 power options for the lightning.
1) 9v battery box that you just run the wires to and switch on or off.
2) A power plug that you just plug in or yank out for the lighting.
3) A direct connection to fuse 37 in the rear fuse box.
With all of these options you can add a dimmer module that comes with a remote control (like a little FOB) similar to the mild to wild one. This dimmer box can be added into any of the 3 power configuration options.
I got all 3 just to compare and decide.
I went with the power to fuse 37 and the dimmer module set up.
Big thumbs up 👍 for @Windrestrictor

A couple things on this install.
1) The carpet in your Corvette is the lowest quality crap I’ve ever experienced. Follow the instructions to move the carpet out of the way and remove that D ring even though you brain is telling you it’s so far way from the job it isn’t necessary. It is. This carpet rips like tissue. (For once I followed the instructions thank goodness)
2) The dimming module has really bad connections for the power wires. Old school and poor quality spring loaded speaker wire connections that do not hold the wires worth a damn. No big deal unless you are hiding all this under the carpet and it comes apart. Which you are and it does. This is the only thing they need to improve. I had a ton of trouble getting these connections to bite and ended up taping them closed onto the wires to help hold them in. The rest of the wiring job is easy and the wire is completely hidden except for 2 inches that jump from the deflector to the rubber moulding.

Overall a great product and it actually keeps the wind down on the coupe very well on initial road tests last evening.

15D15B90-B1F2-4D39-BD13-10E191B4E027.jpeg
6B4266AC-29C3-47B5-B89F-DE1EFF49F1F4.jpeg
DB315B16-F1F7-4345-84D3-65B69F74401F.jpeg
F91026C7-B1A2-478D-BEC5-E97AA9FABA0D.jpeg
D73161B4-6395-4365-A0AC-35A9E7029D01.jpeg
E1481F43-B001-4522-9CF2-D19A087FA811.jpeg
8CBDF313-9E3B-40E3-8E18-8C75517C2DA6.jpeg
2EE61486-3251-4DC2-878E-D41C0FD5FE16.jpeg
00CCE810-C449-456D-B485-5701E8965269.jpeg

Another update on the add ons.
Yesterday the rear spoiler went on with no issues and not a smudge on my car.. which was a relief. I had big anxiety about that big rear facia piece coming off. The guy who does this over at Sherwood Pk is meticulously patient and really takes pride in his work. Big 👍 to Clay over there.

I did the install of my wind deflector my self which went really good with an old set of electrical pliers, roll of tape, empty bottle of car wash soap, pairs of pliers, an Alan wrench I managed to get the #40 torx out with, a small piece of Ziggy’s 3M moulding tale and a beer opener to help dig the rug up. That’s my main set of tools in this garage.
The wind deflector is another reasonably priced product that is very good quality and easy to put in. They offer 3 power options for the lightning.
1) 9v battery box that you just run the wires to and switch on or off.
2) A power plug that you just plug in or yank out for the lighting.
3) A direct connection to fuse 37 in the rear fuse box.
With all of these options you can add a dimmer module that comes with a remote control (like a little FOB) similar to the mild to wild one. This dimmer box can be added into any of the 3 power configuration options.
I got all 3 just to compare and decide.
I went with the power to fuse 37 and the dimmer module set up.
Big thumbs up 👍 for @Windrestrictor

A couple things on this install.
1) The carpet in your Corvette is the lowest quality crap I’ve ever experienced. Follow the instructions to move the carpet out of the way and remove that D ring even though you brain is telling you it’s so far way from the job it isn’t necessary. It is. This carpet rips like tissue. (For once I followed the instructions thank goodness)
2) The dimming module has really bad connections for the power wires. Old school and poor quality spring loaded speaker wire connections that do not hold the wires worth a damn. No big deal unless you are hiding all this under the carpet and it comes apart. Which you are and it does. This is the only thing they need to improve. I had a ton of trouble getting these connections to bite and ended up taping them closed onto the wires to help hold them in. The rest of the wiring job is easy and the wire is completely hidden except for 2 inches that jump from the deflector to the rubber moulding.

Overall a great product and it actually keeps the wind down on the coupe very well on initial road tests last evening.

View attachment 17982View attachment 17983View attachment 17984View attachment 17985View attachment 17986View attachment 17987View attachment 17988View attachment 17989View attachment 17990
Looks pretty sharp Derek !!

Reactions: ddgermann
Looks great Derek. :thumbs: Big kudos on the wiring job.... No sure I could have pulled my carpet up like that without an anxiety attack or two though... And I would likely have ended up using my reciprocating saw for something.... :rofl:

Came home from MITM to find these babys waiting...
BDD6BE8F-DCC4-4464-86A0-08CCEB2A7794.jpeg

The tread is “winter add ons” but despite ordering in January I’m still waiting for some of it to arrive. So likely by the time it arrives the title will be relevant again.. :Woot:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread