Featured Thread
All you guys in nice weather places taking your cars out already...

View attachment 38137

When I saw the temp at 20 degrees this morning I thought "finally"... Then I put my glasses on .. Those minus signs are way too small.... At this rate, winter will be back before summer ever comes to Alberta....
giphy.gif

Maybe we can get a month or two of driving in Alberta this year, once it hopefully warms u, once all the snow melts, once the roads are cleaned, once the massive potholes are fixed on the roads, and if it doesn't rain all season like last year. Why do we live here again? ☹

Maybe we can get a month or two of driving in Alberta this year, once it hopefully warms u, once all the snow melts, once the roads are cleaned, once the massive potholes are fixed on the roads, and if it doesn't rain all season like last year. Why do we live here again? ☹

I have been asking myself that very question almost weekly for a few years now...

Because we contribute over 31 billion a year more than we receive to the federal government. We are responsible for more than the lions share of payments to the have-not provinces; Quebec, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Prince Edward Island, with Quebec being the highest recipient, receiving 51% of the yearly equalization payments. If we weren't here, the rest of the country would be in the same dire economic position we are in. errrrrr.... What? o_O

I spent 13 months in Edmonton. 81-82. The ex and I both had great jobs, the people were great, I thought the extra summer daylight (compared to here) was awesome. The only thing I didn't want to deal with, was, the extended / never ending winter.
Other than the weather....good memories.

Reactions: Pep and Rruuff Day
Usually about May 1 for me. All depends on temps and when they get the roads swept. Won't let my Vette get sand/chip blasted...

he is my brother so I must tell the truth for both of us

the reason may 1 is chosen as both he and I file our tax returns on the last day for filing. April 30

if we file them before lunch we call the insurance agency and are on the road that afternoon

if we drink celebrating the govt collection of half our hard earned money, we go to bed early

then may 1 it is

just tell the world. just the truth mam just the truth

later folks

all in jest as per usual, trying to take a reasonable response and add some humour

with it being extended until june 30 we may not be on the road until July. 😇😇😇

✅

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Early on when this thread started I replied that I would put it back on the road for April 1st since my storage policy expired on March 31st. I've been looking foreword all winter to putting it back on the road but now with this pandemic issue I phoned my insurance broker and put a 3 month extension on my storage policy instead. This social distancing has put a damper on my favourite car club activities, events, social gatherings, cruises before and after restaurant or pub meetups has taken a lot out of the fun of it. I'm also weirded out by seeing people dressed as if they are about to perform brain surgery when I do have to go out. For now I'll stay put and hope the state of emergency ends by summer and that I'll still get some use out of it otherwise this year will be a downer.

Man, the weather here in Edmonton just isn’t cooperating. Still lots of snow to melt yet, then there is the gravel issue. I just want to fire it up and go for a run. I promise to keep my distance from other humanoids, so please, Mother Nature, please warm Alberta up quickly and decisively.
Dale.

Reactions: Icecap
Man, the weather here in Edmonton just isn’t cooperating. Still lots of snow to melt yet, then there is the gravel issue. I just want to fire it up and go for a run. I promise to keep my distance from other humanoids, so please, Mother Nature, please warm Alberta up quickly and decisively.
Dale.

Yes, I definately agree on the weather and melt issue for Edmonton. Even when it does end up melting, we all have to tread carefully through the minefields of potholes, craters and catacombs left from the constant freeze and thaw cycles. Hopefully, maybe, possibly we will be blessed by an amazing summer. 🙏

Reactions: ddgermann and Pep
I’m going to be driving my baby home from Edmonton today from getting PPF and ceramic. The journey will be about 45 KM of terrifying concern that I’ll be putting that PPF to work on day 1, mixed with the giddiness of an 8 year old boy on Christmas Morning. I’ll be stuffing her right back into the garage, putting a cover on it once I’m home.... the the feeling of being ashamed or how I somehow violated it will soon set in. Roller coaster of emotions today.

I don't putmy 'drive'insurance on until the day I take her out... And that day won't be for a long while yet... I guess the up side is it saves me a few bucks....

This just came in an email from Allstate....

We’ve seen less driving and this is expected to continue throughout April and into May. We recognize that with fewer people driving, there are fewer collisions on our roads. As a result, we are giving money back to our customers. We are working to get these payments issued as quickly as possible and all qualifying customers can expect to receive a cheque in the mail in May. There is no need to call in to receive the payment.

Well... a great day here at Camp Langley. T-shirt weather
I did some house chores and then decided it was time to pull out the cars.
The Monte fired right up, no issues. I did move it a couple of months ago.
The 2003 vert was disconnected from the maintainer, it had been sitting since OCTober, and as soon as I put the key in the memory seats, etc all adjusted properly and it started right away.
The ‘75 has not been on a tender or anything. Been sitting since October.
It took a few revs on the starter until fuel arrived, then back to life. Vroom Vroom.
So I got to take them all one at a time around the neighbourhood...stopped and had a few social distance chats with some car-guy neighbours..It was a good morning,
I think I’ll put them away again for now..bring them out for a good bath soon..
But still not sure when the insurance will go on. If I cruise I prefer to have a destination.
We’ll see later in the year
349D72F6-597D-4045-9F4A-1D40573BA40D.jpeg

thanx for lookin’. Stay safe everyone.

graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.