When do you think you will get the Vette out of storage this year?

Dale124

Regular
Aug 25, 2019
Awards
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province / State
Alberta
  • You're Liked
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • C7
  • Alberta
Well, as we start to slowly pop out of this thing we call winter, I can’t help to want to start the countdown to toy season. So, I was wondering when you think you will get your baby out of storage and back on the road. This is my first storage season with my Vette, and it has been a long “off season”. I do have a motorcycle that I store every year, and usually get her out around mid April, so I am hoping to have the car out around then too.
If you are from Victoria or the Vancouver area, try to be gentle with your response, as the rest of us are fragile this time of year. :)

Rruuff Day

Never wrestle with a pig.
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province / State
Alberta
  • You're a Donor
  • You're 5
  • C7
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • Show Off
Well, as we start to slowly pop out of this thing we call winter, I can’t help to want to start the countdown to toy season. So, I was wondering when you think you will get your baby out of storage and back on the road. This is my first storage season with my Vette, and it has been a long “off season”. I do have a motorcycle that I store every year, and usually get her out around mid April, so I am hoping to have the car out around then too.
If you are from Victoria or the Vancouver area, try to be gentle with your response, as the rest of us are fragile this time of year. :)
Usually about May 1 for me. All depends on temps and when they get the roads swept. Won't let my Vette get sand/chip blasted...

tony

Regular
Sep 3, 2010
Awards
welland,ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2006, base
  • You're 5
  • You're a Regular
Here in the Niagara region of southern Ontario............its usually been from 1st. April until end of November.
HOWEVER....the past 2 years, first outing around 20th April, with the final drive early to mid Nov.
Means the loss of approx 6 weeks of driving time.
So for 2020...............I have no idea !!!

Tony
'09 Z06

SladeX

Casual User
Feb 10, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
17 C7 Z06
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
I'm on the road as soon as the temps are safe enough for the summer tires +7C. A few times I've done some March days, most of the time its April. I try not to drive it on days where the temp will swing back to minus temps once the sun goes down.

rfh928

Casual User
Sep 25, 2019
Awards
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray M7
Province / State
Ontario
  • You're a Regular
  • C7
  • Ontario
As soon as they stop salting the roads here. If we're lucky late March, otherwise hopefully not too far into April. Although I had a C3 and C5 for 15 years each, this is my first winter storing my 19 C7, so am REALLY anxious to get it out again!

Paul C&

Regular
Dec 21, 2017
Awards
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2017 G.S. Z07 pckge
Province / State
British Columbia
  • C7
  • BC
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
My "routine" is usually to insure it first week of April and take it from there..... then back in hibernation Nov 1st. We saw a lot of rain in the Vancouver area, but there has already been quite a few pretty nice and sunny (+8C and up) days already.

ddgermann

6000 RPM Poster
Power User
Beta
Jul 1, 2017
Awards
Edmonton & Thailand
VetteCoins
Car
2017 3LZ Z06 Z07
  • Alberta
  • C7
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • Seriously Rich
  • King of the Post
Put mine away August 21st last year and will be backing it out of the garage for a trip up the Alaska Highway from July 9th-21st. Then it goes back into the garage till sometime in the summer of 2021. 😂

SN-III

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
Awards
YYC
VetteCoins
Province / State
Alberta
  • You're a Donor
  • You're Liked
  • You're Celebrated
  • King of the Post
  • Seriously Rich
  • Hot Chili
Put mine away August 21st last year and will be backing it out of the garage for a trip up the Alaska Highway from July 9th-21st. Then it goes back into the garage.... 😂
Wow wow wow ...
when you actually realize ...
an epitome to the phrase ...

"Better Late Than Never" !
;)
:thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley P

Z06INTHE6

Casual User
Nov 23, 2018
Awards
Brooklin, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06/Z07 3LZ
Province / State
Ontario
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
  • You're Celebrated
  • Ontario
  • C7
  • Spotlight Award
Storage? What's storage?
Right? If I wanted to put all that money away for a few months I would have invested/played with it rather than buy a vehicle to drive lol

That being said, next winter I'm changing out the cup2's for some winter friendly tires for dry days.

Reactions: Phil and RockyPM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)