At the grocery store today and getting my supplies for my 10 day escape to the lake house. Looking forward to my first extended stay there with the Corvette (as the truck is normally there for if needing fix-up building supplies). So found a few of these strange things to add to my corvette c-gen handout selection for the little tykes who come up to check out the Corvette. It might feel like a “do you want a coke or pepsi” thing perhaps … we will see 😂 Toy Car hand-out is something I really enjoy doing - thanks to Jeffy for the inspiration 👍🏻

8DE7645B-5C81-456C-B73C-ABE62FCDB1C3.jpeg

Disappointed the guy who bought his Corvette has never been back on the forum. Guess help was a short lived plan. Oh well.
Ya ... hear from him once in a while too. Last I heard was the car will be for sale again.
All good as I am (we are) looking for the right ZR1 for D instead ... all depending on if/when
he is able to setup and enjoy this part of the world again.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh whatta relief … finally got this out from my “rear end” …. 😂 ….. gonna hafta be wary of this too as it appears uglier than anticipated.

69B6BBB0-92FC-40FC-9D0E-8D769806175B.jpeg

Oil, brakes and coolant done too …..
Mobil 1 A8 tranny fluid will be for another day.
Enjoying a white glove day in the shop of a special friend who I have not enjoyed company with in well over a year. 😎👍🏻

Who cleans this side? Well once noticed … I now do … 😂 Yuck Brake Dust 👎🏻

A4761376-13F7-4503-9411-4FC1D38BA8B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh whatta relief … finally got this out from my “rear end” …. 😂 ….. gonna hafta be wary of this too as it appears uglier than anticipated.

View attachment 83299

Oil, brakes and coolant done too …..
Mobil 1 tranny fluid will be for another day. Enjoying a white glove day in the shop of a special friend who I have not enjoyed company with in well over a year. 😎👍🏻

Who cleans this side? Well once noticed … I now do … 😂

View attachment 83301
I do the inside of my rims at fall storage and rotate as well, but that's because all 4 of my rims and tires are the same size.

Sunday #2 in a row with my good friend. Completed the 25k 5yr complete maintenance. Today was the A8 with service with the “red cherry” Mobil 1 - nice smooth and silent A8 shifting now - 😁👍🏻

Although I was not experiencing the C7-A8 transmission shudder, the high-end more costly change was done along with a new gasket and trans filter.

C79386C5-BFF7-477C-8464-ED7B8FD06873.jpeg

This is what made me HAPPY today. My milestone 100th blood donation.
My first donation was on April 4, 2003 and 18 years, 8 months and 24 days later, my 100th.
Good for you. I too use to donate religiously; but, can't now as I am a Ca survivor. I have a rare blood type as well; so, feel bad that I can't donate anymore.

Went shopping for a seafood New Years Eve dinner for my wife. Lobster, scallops and filet minion. Just the two of us and the only problem is not being able to enjoy the company of our friends.
Hmmmmm.... I'm thinking the prices for lobster, scallops and fillet minion for your friends may have scaled that Maxus down to a new slingshot Murray.... ;)

Went shopping for a seafood New Years Eve dinner for my wife. Lobster, scallops and filet minion. Just the two of us and the only problem is not being able to enjoy the company of our friends.
Why no company?? Medium rare for me please. Caesar salad to start - I make the best and a good bottle of red - The Prisoner would be nice - LOL. :Cheers2:

• Winner
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
@JCWP, James, you would be welcome anytime. Talked to my pal Graham on Christmas Eve day, he is still on a high from the opportunity to spend some time in your new C8. Very cool. :thumbs: Happy New Year.
Yes, he had a blast for sure. He is a great guy and the only person I've let drive my new C8. It was a nice day. The only issue was, the car was not, and is not, broken in yet. I hope you had a great Christmas? Happy New Year. :Cheers2:

It is a bit out in left field for trying. But a WhatsApp Dinner worked out OK for our family on Xmas Day (3 hrs apart) from just outside Fredericton to Calgary. Our first with an emptied nest.

It’s a bit different but you can only really judge it by giving it a try with friends.

Warning: perhaps not as easy for doing breakfast in Thailand with Dinner from the night before in Canada (14 hrs apart) but I am game for it eventually 😂👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread