Hope he bought you a coffee.... ;)
Well as a matter of fact he did not.
:Mad5:
My fingers are crossed he comes though this Saturday? :Spit:
:Cheers2:

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Nice spring like day yesterday. Managed to get some warmth off the sun and out of the breeze. Spent some time looking at what was on YouTube and that started a trip down memory lane. Found the music for "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" done by the Danish National Symphony. That led to many of the themes to the "spaghetti westerns".

There was a burlesque theatre in Toronto on Spadina Avenue called the Victory, long gone. They featured an ancient form of strip teasing by todays standards but the real attraction was the continuous loop of movies. You could go there and watch all the westerns multiple times, which we often did. I had a beautiful leather jacket that I cut the arms off to look like "Blondie's" vest. My mother was not impressed!! They had security there and if anyone started causing trouble they would turn the lights on your row and then toss everyone out whether you were part of the problem or not!

As often is the case YT eventually just ventured off to other music. Apache, Ghost Riders in the Sky and such. Then an all time favourite Telstar. Release in 1962 it was a huge deal and apparently still is today. I remember my father buying me a small transistor radio shaped like a rocket ship, the pointed end turned to tune in radio stations and if Telstar came on that was a bonus for certain. Apparently Telstar still orbits the earth but its communication function died years ago. Reading the comments on YT for that tune is really interesting, it impacted many people in different ways.

So that is what made me happy and smile yesterday.

Last edited:
Nice spring like day yesterday. Managed to get some warmth off the sun and out of the breeze. Spent some time looking at what was on YouTube and that started a trip down memory lane. Found the music for "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" done by the Danish National Symphony. That led to many of the themes to the "spaghetti westerns".

There was a burlesque theatre in Toronto on Spadina Avenue called the Victory, long gone. They featured an ancient form of strip teasing by todays standards but the real attraction was the continuous loop of movies. You could go there and watch all the westerns multiple times, which we often did. I had a beautiful leather jacket that I cut the arms off to look like "Blondie's" vest. My mother was not impressed!! They had security there and if anyone started causing trouble they would turn the lights on your row and then toss everyone out whether you were part of the problem or not!

As often is the case YT eventually just ventured off to other music. Apache, Riders in the Sky and such. Then an all time favourite Telstar. Release in 1962 it was a huge deal and apparently still is today. I remember my father buying me a small transistor radio shaped like a rocket ship, the pointed end turned to tune in radio stations and if Telstar came on that was a bonus for certain. Apparently Telstar still orbits the earth but its communication function died years ago. Reading the comments on YT for that tune is really interesting, it impacted many people in different ways.

So that is what made me happy and smile yesterday.

You must be getting old Black.
I remember all those things to and had the "satellite" transitor radio as well.
Just wasn't at the strip place. LOL The ancient fom you mention must have been with pasties. LOL

Just wasn't at the strip place. LOL The ancient fom you mention must have been with pasties. LOL

We started going to the Victory when we were pretty young, none of us can recall anyone ever asking for age ID.

Funny that I recall the radio, there was an electronics store on Bloor Street in Toronto right beside the old "Honest Ed's" store. My father asked if I wanted the radio and just like that he bought it. A bit unlike him. I could be wrong but I don't recall it having batteries, two alligator clips that you hooked on to things.

Old yes, pasties yes! :Biggrin:

The background music for the spaghetti westerns are my favourite instrumentals. When you see the number of people in the orchestra and band, you seem to realize that it takes a lot of practice and work to put it all together. I listen to these tunes regularly and never tire of them.

We started going to the Victory when we were pretty young, none of us can recall anyone ever asking for age ID.

Funny that I recall the radio, there was an electronics store on Bloor Street in Toronto right beside the old "Honest Ed's" store. My father asked if I wanted the radio and just like that he bought it. A bit unlike him. I could be wrong but I don't recall it having batteries, two alligator clips that you hooked on to things.

Old yes, pasties yes! :Biggrin:
Ahhhh.... the old Crystal Radios. I knew them well and built several of them for science class at school. A crystal diode use the AM radio frequency for the power... Pretty simple stuff but high tech for a kid...

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
This story happened a couple of years ago but it makes me smile every time I remember ....

One early evening I was fuelling my Vette in Westmount (an Edmonton neighbourhood) and a white Lambo pulled up to the pumps. The driver, a father, gets out and says hi as he headed into the store. I said hello and mentioned his fancy car. He told me he rented it for the day because his son (about 10?) lives and breathes everything Lamborghini. "Dad" was visiting his son that day. Now to put this into perspective, .... and I hate to judge people, Dad was definitely not a typical Lambo guy. He was more of a old rusty pickup-truck guy and his son was "challenged" but obviously very much loved .... and of course he had a huge smile strapped across his face.

.... That was when I told "Dad" I liked him a lot. 😢 😇
:Cheers2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread