... always looking to making a positive from a negative ...
as a part-benefit of covid isolation and
not doing anything for 9 months and still counting
... call it disciplined or boring but ...
there is one thing with wanting a Corvette ever since being a kid
and another on the day when you can say ...

the Corvettes are paid-in-full as of today
:Woohoo:

Last edited:
Sunday, bright, sunny, dry, 9 degrees C. My son had parked his 1966 Alpine, inherited from his grandfather (my dad), in my garage, beside the corvette. He had just bought a new home and needed temporary storage for the car. As the last "reasonable" day, I fired up the old Rootes 1725 engine and drove it out to my sons new house. Ran like a British charm, with Dad beside me in spirit. Had a grin all day after that.

l lived in Van from 1986 till 2012 you are correct about the climate but the traffic in the lower mainland is like LA but next summer l want to drive my C8 out to visit some BROs and do a few rips on the Cocahalla and sea to sky the best roads in Canada.

I like being in Vancouver. I don't really need to park the Corvette over the winter because there really isn't much of one

The suburbs do get hit harder but I'm right in downtown where if it does snow it is gone pretty quick.

Reactions: YFCvii
It’s the end of January and I’m Hibernating in the Man Cave
after receiving an Amazon delivery and setting up a New Toy
that will hope to take some of the hard work off the Wife’s schedule. 😇
Finding a roomba somewhat entertaining while cleaning
and chasing the cat around at the same time 😂

755E54E9-319A-49FF-9F7C-E977AD2FDF11.jpeg
FA648D07-2476-452E-B1A6-6B34F31FB817.jpeg

Last edited:
I have been playing hockey about 3 times a week for more years than I care to count, then , boom, nothing since March 6 last year and I miss it almost as bad a s I miss the vette in the winter. Well I just spent about 2 hours on an outdoor rink, just skating and passing a puck around. Took me way back, except I didn't walk home in my skates, like we did when we were kids and blade edge did not matter.

I have been playing hockey about 3 times a week for more years than I care to count, then , boom, nothing since March 6 last year and I miss it almost as bad a s I miss the vette in the winter. Well I just spent about 2 hours on an outdoor rink, just skating and passing a puck around. Took me way back, except I didn't walk home in my skates, like we did when we were kids and blade edge did not matter.
Good for you. I grew up in London Ont. and we had a huge outdoor rink with boards, nets and lights - played every night after home work and every week end as much as possible. Have not played since my early 20's - a long time ago. I did play about 20 yr. ago here on my neighbors outdoor rink here in WV - frozen pickle ball court - skates and stick and I was a kid again. What a great game. I play a lot of tennis now. Not sure I would be able to skate anymore. I know one thing: the skates and other equipment is so much better - much lighter - skates and sticks!!!

It’s the end of January and I’m Hibernating in the Man Cave after receiving an Amazon delivery and setting up a New Toy that will hope to take some of the hard work off the Wife’s schedule. 😇 Finding a roomba somewhat entertaining while cleaning and chasing the cat around at the same time 😂
View attachment 77213
View attachment 77214
lol... once your cat gets use to it, sit him on top and walk around with it petting him/her and giving a treat or two... doesn't take long and the cat will be riding the romba everywhere...

Agree Don, hope he is doing well. Please do say hello for us Spence. Disappointed the guy who bought his Corvette has never been back on the forum. Guess help was a short lived plan. Oh well.

Weird but beautiful weather here the last week or so, feels strangely like fall days . Going right off topic here, sorry.

Hey Spence...how is your good friend doing overseas? He hasn't been around the forum lately. Hope he is doing well.

Agree Don, hope he is doing well. Please do say hello for us Spence. Disappointed the guy who bought his Corvette has never been back on the forum. Guess help was a short lived plan. Oh well.

Weird but beautiful weather here the last week or so, feels strangely like fall days . Going right off topic here, sorry.
I chat with D pretty much every day as I am honored with the H1 trust. We stream the same live NHL content daily.
Holding his own and keeping me educated about unimaginable covid-restrictive hoops and hurdles that in comparison, make the ones I (we) face, not much for complaining about.
Returning back to Canada within the next 2 years is not anticipated as of yet.
Our friend D is keeping as well as he can. I will pass along your good words to him. :thumbs:

Last edited:
What made me happy and smile happened yesterday when I finished building my greenhouse. I will be the first to admit that I am not a carpenter and learned through this that I am still not a carpenter. 150 seems to be the magic number here. 150 nails, 150 screws, 150 recalls of the old Revelstoke commercial...Measure twice/cut once... 150 curses, and 150 beer. But it's done and to celebrate, I jumped in the Vette and cruised Sylvan Lake, down the Cowboy trail to Sundre and stopped at the Swamp Donkey Pub for a beer and a burger (highly recommended by the way). All in all a good day.

PXL_20210602_163500974.jpg
PXL_20210602_171105463.jpg
PXL_20210602_223646063.jpg

What made me happy and smile happened yesterday when I finished building my greenhouse. I will be the first to admit that I am not a carpenter and learned through this that I am still not a carpenter. 150 seems to be the magic number here. 150 nails, 150 screws, 150 recalls of the old Revelstoke commercial...Measure twice/cut once... 150 curses, and 150 beer. But it's done and to celebrate, I jumped in the Vette and cruised Sylvan Lake, down the Cowboy trail to Sundre and stopped at the Swamp Donkey Pub for a beer and a burger (highly recommended by the way). All in all a good day.

View attachment 82560View attachment 82558View attachment 82559
sweet. can you get the plants outta there in the winter so the rest of us can have a cigar lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread