Jan 10, 2018
calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 c6
looking for advice on tires. i need new tires in the spring. was thinking i would rather go with all seasons so i don't have to worry about the fall days when the temperature drops below zero. what types are good. also, i assume run flats are the way to go?

wun flats. Yes

all season as+3 with a French wine

be happy. they work fine compared to summer only

u need a sponsor tire fixer flat thiggey from Brian as well

coming to Ponoka this spring can u wait till then, we are doing a presentation on tires with demon—-stations on smoke show

just kidding yes I own Michelin run flats all season plus 3 I,think

perfect for me, good wear, nice traction and run flats as I have had 3 corvette flats in 4 years. Jeff

Reactions: ddgermann
looking for advice on tires. i need new tires in the spring. was thinking i would rather go with all seasons so i don't have to worry about the fall days when the temperature drops below zero. what types are good. also, i assume run flats are the way to go?
Hey Thomi. Let me know what size you need. I can get a “city” discount at Kal tire. It’s not a whole lot but,I can check for you. Go with the Pilot AS 3 if you can. Those will be my next ones.

Hey Thomi. Let me know what size you need. I can get a “city” discount at Kal tire. It’s not a whole lot but,I can check for you. Go with the Pilot AS 3 if you can. Those will be my next ones.
i think thats what i will end up getting
wun flats. Yes

all season as+3 with a French wine

be happy. they work fine compared to summer only

u need a sponsor tire fixer flat thiggey from Brian as well

coming to Ponoka this spring can u wait till then, we are doing a presentation on tires with demon—-stations on smoke show

just kidding yes I own Michelin run flats all season plus 3 I,think

perfect for me, good wear, nice traction and run flats as I have had 3 corvette flats in 4 years. Jeff
i do have a dynaplug i bought from him last year

I sent you a PM to you in regard to the AS3+ and the new AS3+ZP ... these are what I will be looking at myself but the choice is yours of course.
If Michelin, Bridgestone or Pirelli and you are a Costco Member ... compare a supply only price and the cash cards shown in the
Deals Section of CCF. Then maybe a corvette dealership to install.
I am not up for new tires yet, however, I will be watching and noting how your choice goes .... :thumbs:

Thomas, I put Continental DWS06 all seasons on my second set of rims. They are not run flats, but are a perfomance tire, which are good if you end up encountering mild snow or ice also. I wanted a tire that I could feel confident driving in the mountains in spring and fall. I can confirm they have a nice ride and are much quieter than runflats. After 20000 km on these, they are wearing very slowly, ton's of meat left. I am prepared for minor flats with a jack, wheel wrench, plug kit and compressor. Purchased thru Quatro tires down East, very reasonably priced. Read the reviews, higly recommended.

Last edited:
Thomas, I put Continental DWS06 all seasons on my second set of rims. They are not run flats, but are a perfomance tire, which are good if you end up encountering mild snow or ice also. I wanted a tire that I could feel confident driving in the mountains in spring and fall. I can confirm they have a nice ride and are much quieter than runflats. After 20000 km on these, they are wearing very slowly, ton's of meat left. I am prepared for minor flats with a jack, wheel wrench, plug kit and compressor. Purchased thru Quatro tires down East, very reasonably priced. Read the reviews, higly recommended.
I didn't like the run flats that came on the car so I switched to Continental Extreme Contact as well. Really like them. Haven't over driven them yet. I am armed with Brian's Dynaplug kit and CAA card. Hoping I never need either. After reading your post I might consider carrying a jack and wrench as well.

I am a Michelin man. No problem here in WV where I live driving in fall as long as no snow or ice on roads: I drive 50kmh or so with NO sudden acceleration with no problem. Been driving last 2 weeks with temps in the +4C + range with no issues.

I didn't like the run flats that came on the car so I switched to Continental Extreme Contact as well. Really like them. Haven't over driven them yet. I am armed with Brian's Dynaplug kit and CAA card. Hoping I never need either. After reading your post I might consider carrying a jack and wrench as well.

Thought a jack would help too. Any type that is really compact and works good with C6 base . Would like it if it would fit in cargo holes in back. Not interfere with targa top storage

Reactions: frankmp and YFCvii
Ziggy, not a lot of room in these cars to store stuff. Does this kit fit in one of the small storage compartments in trunk? Or, maybe you put in car when going on a trip?

I just ordered Conti Extreme Contact Sport tires for my C5.
The Michelins are no longer available in the sizes I need.
I have a DynaPlug kit and I also carry a small aluminum jack.
The jack is super light weight from a Mercedes.

Graham

Reactions: YFCvii
My jack is from California Car Cover. It is a slimline bilit aluminum, not cheap but very high quality and small. It colapses to 1" thick, and I carry it in my detailing bag. I also keep a 2 piece t style wheel wrench along with deep socket for the lug nuts. It takes up very little room. The plug kit and compressor fits in the trunk cubby compartment.

My jack is from California Car Cover. It is a slimline bilit aluminum, not cheap but very high quality and small. It colapses to 1" thick, and I carry it in my detailing bag. I also keep a 2 piece t style wheel wrench along with deep socket for the lug nuts. It takes up very little room. The plug kit and compressor fits in the trunk cubby compartment.

I’ve seen it. Amazing.
Ziggy gets all this stuff into the back of that vert with no problem and plenty of room to spare. 👍

Reactions: YFCvii and turbozig
This is the Mercedes jack that I have and hopefully never need.
48098DC8-C1CB-458E-A077-4B992F1F28B0.jpeg

This is similar to the jack that Ziggy has. A great machined unit.
55E87CBD-F1AD-4541-9CCA-41C936806338.jpeg

Graham

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about your jack. With exchange, PST and GST it's $300. The exchange sure takes the fun out of shopping in America. Seems like a lot of money til I am sitting on the side of the road with a flat and can't get at the puncture to dynaplug it, without removing the wheel. After I have wasted a few hours trying to find a similar jack for less money on the net, I will order it.

Thanks for the info about your jack. With exchange, PST and GST it's $300. The exchange sure takes the fun out of shopping in America. Seems like a lot of money til I am sitting on the side of the road with a flat and can't get at the puncture to dynaplug it, without removing the wheel. After I have wasted a few hours trying to find a similar jack for less money on the net, I will order it.

Been down that road already and could not find anything as small and comparable. I thought $300 was expensive also but good safe insurance. If we can spend $50-100K for the car, whats $300 if you are stuck somewhere stranded? It makes a great conversation piece at car shows also. JMHO

This is the Mercedes jack that have and hopefully never need.
View attachment 24160

This is similar to the jack that Ziggy has. A great machined unit.
View attachment 24161

Graham
I couldnt visualize the operation of the mercedes jack until i utubed and found this. I see lots on ebay new for cheap but all seem to be steel, is yours aluminum? I like it and might grab one for insurance . The california one really nice to but not for me.......

Last edited:
  • Useful
I couldnt visualize the operation of the mercedes jack until i utubed and found this. I see lots on ebay new for cheap but all seem to be steel, is yours aluminum? I like it and might grab one for insurance . The california one really nice to but not for me.......

Try ebay again Frank for an Aluminum Audi jack. They work exactly the same as the Mercedes but are aluminum.

AUDI A3 A4 A6 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT GOLF ALUMINUM JACK 8L0011031A | eBay

Thanks

The Mercedes Jack is super-lightweight, made of some kind of alloy.
The Audi one may be the same.
Inexpensive, lightweight, small & easy to store.
I store/wrap mine in a plastic shower curtain to give you something to lay on at the side of the road.
Oh.. and don’t forget to also have a jacking puck or two as well.
Thanx for posting the video... that’s great.

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.