Featured Thread

MKinOntario

The Archangel Michael
Regular
C8 Completionist Award You're a Regular
Apr 22, 2023
VetteCoins
I changed my order, at least 4 to 5 times and my salesman never complained once. They changed my order once, Z51 and I do not regret that extra package, even though it pushed me passed 100 grands. These guys go hours on end with not much to do, so what was his problem? Anyway I am glad you are happy with what you got, I know I am ecstatic about this car.
Up to the actual dealer visit to place an order, I made changes to the BYO builds I was tinkering with on the Chevrolet website, adding something, subtracting something, indecision is a terrible thing.
Finally got it the way I wanted it and he set it up to my preferred options.
Stingray w/2LT, Z51 (w/all the bells and whistles), E60 (FEL), and the silly battery charger/maintainer option.
EDIT: I also added FE4 (mag ride) and VQK (F/R mud/splash guards. God, my memory sucks.
Torch Red, with the mostly black with red accents interior.
The only change I would make to this combo (if I could) is to substitute All Season tires for the Summer Tires the Z51 package comes with.
Anyone have any problems with running the summer tires in colder weather?
I can always add a set of wheels with AS later, I suppose. Or just change them to what I prefer.

Last edited:
Up to the actual dealer visit to place an order, I made changes to the BYO builds I was tinkering with on the Chevrolet website, adding something, subtracting something, indecision is a terrible thing.
Stingray w/2LT, Z51 (w/all the bells and whistles), E60 (FEL), and the silly battery charger/maintainer option.
The only change I would make to this combo (if I could) is to substitute All Season tires for the Summer Tires the Z51 package comes with.
I can always add a set of wheels with AS later, I suppose. Or just change them to what I prefer.
I would not run summer tires below 7c. You can always sell the summers and buy A/S tires.
Are you planning on driving it daily in the winter? If so, then just buy a second set of rims and get snows.
If, like us, you will drive it in winter only on nice days, then sell the summers and buy A/S for it.

I would not run summer tires below 7c. You can always sell the summers and buy A/S tires.
Are you planning on driving it daily in the winter? If so, then just buy a second set of rims and get snows.
If, like us, you will drive it in winter only on nice days, then sell the summers and buy A/S for it.
Thank you, for the advice/suggestions, sir.
I will rarely drive it in winter, unless the roads are clear and dry, and there isn't that pervasive salt/brine dust layer on them.
I guess I'll play it by ear, like I do wth my motorhome, it also doesn't see winter road salt/brine.
Selling the 4S tires sounds like a good idea (Kijiji?). I'll take a $ hit to move them, which should offset the cost of the AS/4.
Where in Canada do they carry these beasties? Dealers probably, but the mark up is probably horrendous.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
You can try selling your summer tires on these Forums (there's a "for sale" section; it worked for me), at your local Corvette Club (if you know someone who belongs), or Kijiji as you say, or through a tire shop if you're on good terms with one. If possible, provide the a/s tires to your dealer when you know your car is about to arrive, so they can swap the tires out during pdi and you'll have "brand new no-mileage summer tires" to sell, when you pick up your C8 from your dealer. Tire shops can get the a/s tires for you, usually cheaper than any dealer. Or you should have a GM OEM wholesaler in your area that would also sell them cheaper than your dealer. Good luck!

Reactions: MKinOntario
EDIT: I also added FE4 (mag ride) and VQK (F/R mud/splash guards. God, my memory sucks.
I did not take mag ride but I just came back from a 140kms drive , wow, this C8 drives great. I had mag ride on one of my 3 Vettes and could not tell the difference.

• Informative
I did not take mag ride but I just came back from a 140kms drive , wow, this C8 drives great. I had mag ride on one of my 3 Vettes and could not tell the difference.
As for your tires , maybe , your dealer can switch them for just installation. I would check which are more expensive (summer probably) and try to deal with them. Woops, I wanted to edit but...

You can try selling your summer tires on these Forums (there's a "for sale" section; it worked for me), at your local Corvette Club (if you know someone who belongs), or Kijiji as you say, or through a tire shop if you're on good terms with one. If possible, provide the a/s tires to your dealer when you know your car is about to arrive, so they can swap the tires out during pdi and you'll have "brand new no-mileage summer tires" to sell, when you pick up your C8 from your dealer. Tire shops can get the a/s tires for you, usually cheaper than any dealer. Or you should have a GM OEM wholesaler in your area that would also sell them cheaper than your dealer. Good luck!
Being in a border town, I usually use Discount Tire for replacement tires on just about everything. Forex exchange rate dependant.
I've always had good luck with them on RV tires, and their after sales service is excellent.

As for your tires , maybe , your dealer can switch them for just installation. I would check which are more expensive (summer probably) and try to deal with them. Woops, I wanted to edit but...
Maybe, but what else would they fit? It would stick them with a set of summer tires and no place to put them.

Being in a border town, I usually use Discount Tire for replacement tires on just about everything. Forex exchange rate dependant.
I've always had good luck with them on RV tires, and their after sales service is excellent.

Maybe, but what else would they fit? It would stick them with a set of summer tires and no place to put them.
I own a Z51 with summer tires. My cars never see winter. I like these summer tires , also because I do drag racing on weekends , a few times a year. I would put drag radials , on the back but GM says that is a modification and will not pay for repairs , if needed. I just bought an extended warranty , so I cannot do anything without their permission. You lose nothing , just for asking. ;)

I own a Z51 with summer tires. My cars never see winter. I like these summer tires , also because I do drag racing on weekends , a few times a year. I would put drag radials , on the back but GM says that is a modification and will not pay for repairs , if needed. I just bought an extended warranty , so I cannot do anything without their permission. You lose nothing , just for asking. ;)
I've had Michelin tires before many times, but never on a supercar.
Are they stickier in the heat, is the rubber compound more dense, what is most noticeable about them?
Can you evade police "stop sticks" with the "run flats"? :cool:

I've had Michelin tires before many times, but never on a supercar.
Are they stickier in the heat, is the rubber compound more dense, what is most noticeable about them?
Can you evade police "stop sticks" with the "run flats"? :cool:
Yes they are sticker and the hotter it gets the stickier they get . 4 season tires , in very hot weather, tend to lose grip, at least the ones I had on my Mustangs GT and my 2 C7s. As for Cops , I did that a couple of times , I do not recommend it, stressful .

Have done AS performance and summer tires over the years and I do like the softer ride and grip of summer only. They do get utterly useless below 5-7C though.

AS are truly 3S but are driveable in the cold if careful. New cars with wet/ snow mode make it a lot easier to manage traction.

Question for the group:

What tire life have you been getting on the AS and Summers?

Have done AS performance and summer tires over the years and I do like the softer ride and grip of summer only. They do get utterly useless below 5-7C though.

AS are truly 3S but are driveable in the cold if careful. New cars with wet/ snow mode make it a lot easier to manage traction.

Question for the group:

What tire life have you been getting on the AS and Summers?
This car has only 970 kms with summer tires, so cannot say, for now. My other cars with a.s. I went 57000 kms with one Mustang GT, last one I drove in winter but Quebec has a winter tire law for 4 months. Figure 35000 kms and they were still good. And I used those for drag racing, back then.

Congrats. Enjoy. When my tires need replacing I will get the AS tires - probably. Not sure AS would allow driving in Ont. if a lot of snow?

Congrats. Enjoy. When my tires need replacing I will get the AS tires - probably. Not sure AS would allow driving in Ont. if a lot of snow?
No, even in the cold you have to be careful on these A/S tires. I got caught in snow once and it wasn't fun.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.