Dec 8, 2019
VetteCoins
Neighbour has been renovating his house for a while now and I think he just now finished. He hired somebody to pressure wash his property of all debris and ended up putting all sorts of stuff onto the road including screws. I drove on the street and ended up damaging tires on my brand new Corvette and Escalade V. I have a PDR recording of someone washing the driveway when I was returning home in the Corvette last night. I drove very slow to be cautious and remember yelling the F word because of all the s**t I was driving on. I didn’t think anything of it. Next morning, leaving for work in the Escalade and heard a pop. Pulled to the side, and discovered a large metal object imbedded in the tire. Quickly inspected the Corvette and saw a large nail sticking out of the rear tire. All tires also had all sorts of debris on them and need to get them looked at further. The roads here are still very clean and all of the s**t stuck to my tires are from the house renovations. I took pictures and showed two tire shops who recommended replacing both especially given the performance of both vehicles. Nobody has them in stock and I am currently down two vehicles.

The house in question did acknowledge the debris and cleaned up the road. I saw them use a metal detector as well.

I don’t feel safe driving either right now and risk damaging them further.

What’s the best course of action at this point? Do tires need to be replaced in pairs? I’m thinking about having both towed to GM which is 5 minutes away and having them inspect all 8 tires and the other party can foot the bill.

Attachments

• IMG_3937.jpeg
    IMG_3937.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3959.jpeg
    IMG_3959.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3954.jpeg
    IMG_3954.jpeg
    427.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3955.jpeg
    IMG_3955.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3918.jpeg
    IMG_3918.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The neighbour was an idiot for wanting the crap washed away. I hate this stuff. When I hire a contractor or roofer I insist they do a good clean up or they won't be hired. My roofers went around the house with a magnetic broom to pick up any roofing nails that went astray.
It's likely too late now, but if I saw that it was being done I would have said something right away.
Murray - random on the internet.

If you neighbor is a decent person his home owners insurance should cover the damage. I suspect the contractor who washed all the crap onto the road would run like hell but he should also have insurance that would cover replacing your tires.
Just so you know, there are a lot of decent Contractors out there as well.
We don't all "run like hell".
I accept full responsibility for anything that happens on my sites, including the odd nail hole in a tire.
What I have problems with is when I'm forced to fight a 'slip and fall' claim, from a professional 'chaser', and the Insurance Company settles because it's cheaper (for them).

What I have problems with is when I'm forced to fight a 'slip and fall' claim, from a professional 'chaser', and the Insurance Company settles because it's cheaper (for them).
My "neighbour", who made claims for everything you can imagine, fell on my property and my insurance company put him on the "nuisance list". His insurance instantly went through the roof and could not get certain insurance also. All the Insurance companies have access to this list apparently.

Do you guys think it’s OK to drive the Corvette to the dealer like that? Worried about that nail coming loose and damaging the paint
I drove for week (not too far) with a rip in the sidewall and bent rim. You can pull the nail out. Did it lose pressure?

1699208394560.png

Neighbour has been renovating his house for a while now and I think he just now finished. He hired somebody to pressure wash his property of all debris and ended up putting all sorts of stuff onto the road including screws. I drove on the street and ended up damaging tires on my brand new Corvette and Escalade V. I have a PDR recording of someone washing the driveway when I was returning home in the Corvette last night. I drove very slow to be cautious and remember yelling the F word because of all the s**t I was driving on. I didn’t think anything of it. Next morning, leaving for work in the Escalade and heard a pop. Pulled to the side, and discovered a large metal object imbedded in the tire. Quickly inspected the Corvette and saw a large nail sticking out of the rear tire. All tires also had all sorts of debris on them and need to get them looked at further. The roads here are still very clean and all of the s**t stuck to my tires are from the house renovations. I took pictures and showed two tire shops who recommended replacing both especially given the performance of both vehicles. Nobody has them in stock and I am currently down two vehicles.

The house in question did acknowledge the debris and cleaned up the road. I saw them use a metal detector as well.

What’s the best course of action at this point? Do tires need to be replaced in pairs? I’m thinking about having both towed to GM which is 5 minutes away and having them inspect all 8 tires and the other party can foot the bill.
The last picture I believe is a “ 1080 “ electrical cable staple. So maybe talk to his electrician!
IMG_1297.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller

May be best to push that nail all the way in first if you want to drive the vehicle to the dealership .

Looking at the pics, I'd show your neighbour anyway. It would have totally pissed me off!
Then I'd chalk the sidewall so you know where it was and pull them out. They might just be into the rubber snipe deep and therefore not a worry or issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Just so you know, there are a lot of decent Contractors out there as well.
We don't all "run like hell".
I accept full responsibility for anything that happens on my sites, including the odd nail hole in a tire.
VERY good point and I hope there are many like you out there. If the contractor in question left all that crap on the road and left the site without sweeping it up he might not be inclined to step up as you do with your clients.
Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.