Feb 27, 2024
VetteCoins
Hello,
For those who have been successful in talking your service advisor to allow you to skip the free DCT filter at the time of your 1st oil change service (to be completed on the 2nd oil change in year 2) what has been your secret? Certainly if the vehicle had the 12,000 kms or very close at the time the OLM said to change. But in my case I have a one year old brand new left over 2023 built March 23 that will be delivered next week. Based on my logic right now, I intend to use the first free oil change rather soon by June or July after a few break in (heat cycle) kms. But best case I will be at 800 to 1000 kms which is fine, I just don't like being told that the DCT free filter has to performed at the first oil service. Seems like very narrow thinking to me. We only have the one Chev dealer in town so I am willing if need be (assuming I fail at some sort of "out of the box" reasonable thinking) to drive 110 kms to another dealer. But this shouldn't have to be.
Thanks for the advice.

Hello,
For those who have been successful in talking your service advisor to allow you to skip the free DCT filter at the time of your 1st oil change service (to be completed on the 2nd oil change in year 2) what has been your secret? Certainly if the vehicle had the 12,000 kms or very close at the time the OLM said to change. But in my case I have a one year old brand new left over 2023 built March 23 that will be delivered next week. Based on my logic right now, I intend to use the first free oil change rather soon by June or July after a few break in (heat cycle) kms. But best case I will be at 800 to 1000 kms which is fine, I just don't like being told that the DCT free filter has to performed at the first oil service. Seems like very narrow thinking to me. We only have the one Chev dealer in town so I am willing if need be (assuming I fail at some sort of "out of the box" reasonable thinking) to drive 110 kms to another dealer. But this shouldn't have to be.
Thanks for the advice.
This.
gm
HOME OFFICE LETTER
NUMBER:
DATE:
To:
CATEGORY: SUBJECT/PROGRAM NAME: HIGHLIGHTS
2022-601R02
NOVEMBER 7, 2022
GM CANADA DEALERS
SERVICE
2COMPLIMENTARY LUBE-OIL-FILTER PROGRAM UPDATED ATTACHMENT 'A' REIMBURSEMENT AMOUNTS
WHATS' NEW?
(SUBJECT TO PROGRAM GUIDELINES) Updates made to reimbursements shown within Attachment A summary.
Reminder:
2023 MY vehicles are eligible for this 2 Complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter Program. As outlined in Attachment 'A' - 2022-601, the GM Canada 2 Complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter Program for GMC, Chevrolet, and Buick (the "LOF Program"), includes a maximum total of two (2) lube-oil-filter services at intervals in accordance with the oil life monitoring system and the vehicle's Owner's Manual. Additionally, Corvette customers are eligible for a DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) filter replacement and transmission fluid top of at the time of their first oil change.
Program Details:
The LOF Program provides customers with an ACDelco oil and filter change in accordance with the oil life monitoring system (taking into account customer convenience and preference in having their oil changed at the time of the 12,000 KM tire rotation) and as indicated in the vehicle's Owner's Manual for two (2) years or 24,000 KM, whichever occurs first, on 2023 MY vehicles. Fluid top offs, inspections, tire rotations, wheel alignments and balancing, etc. are NOT covered.
Customers are limited to two (2) lube-oil-filter service events during the LOF program period. Corvette
customers are limited to one (1) DCT filter service event during the LOF program period. This program is our opportunity to provide eligible new vehicle customers with an exceptional service experience and build a trusting, loyal relationship. fI accomplished, ti wil lead to long term service retention and provide a broader base of customers who wil return ot the dealership for customer pay business and future vehicle sales. Plus, customers wil stil be able to purchase the respective GMC, Chevrolet, Buick Maintenance Plan through Motors Insurance Corporation (MIC), our preferred and contracted provider of
extended warranty plans.
Dealers should continue ot reference 2021-601 and revisions for the 2022 MY, 2020-601 and revisions for the 2021 MY, 2019-601 and revisions for the 2020 MY.
Bob McCielland
Director Customer Care &Aftersales
Al Home Office Letters and related documents and information should be treated as STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and not to be posted on CCF .
So pay for the first oil change or do it yourself and you still have the two free ones as well as the TX service . This way you can tailor it to your preferences/milage .

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Thanks guys! I had no idea they did a DCT filter for free. I paid $900 to do it on my 2020.
I would bring a copy of this Home Office Letter to the dealership and “ politely “ ask for a refund as they should have been well aware of it and should not have charged you. Swine.

Reactions: Bunny hop
The DCT filter seems to have been included as part of the two oil change program for MY2022 +. I have a copy of the GM Letter and will change or pay for the 1st oil /filter myself if need be to avoid replacing the factory DCT filter ridiculously premature. Was more interested to poll whether any other owners managed to obtain their service advisors understanding & agreement to bill GM on the 2nd oil service ( if that is even an option for them). It must really come down to who you get as a dealer/service advisor because the GM dealer culture is certainly not a consistent 5 star experience.

Hello,
Thanks for the advice.
No such secret needed...The Bulletin clearly says the free DCT Filter change has to be done within the 1st 2 yrs, and also done at 12K...Some dealerships play dumb and try and get you to get it done during your 1st oil change, (prior to 12k), knowing full well that you'll be back at 12K to get another DCT Filter change...Win, win for the Dealer, but 100% not necessary...Wait and get it done during your 2nd free oil change at 12k as long as it's within 2 years...

No such secret needed...The Bulletin clearly says the free DCT Filter change has to be done within the 1st 2 yrs, and also done at 12K...Some dealerships play dumb and try and get you to get it done during your 1st oil change, (prior to 12k), knowing full well that you'll be back at 12K to get another DCT Filter change...Win, win for the Dealer, but 100% not necessary...Wait and get it done during your 2nd free oil change at 12k as long as it's within 2 years...
There is this.
Additionally, Corvette customers are eligible for a DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) filter replacement and transmission fluid top up at the time of their first oil change .

Morning everyone. Is they a copy of the TSB 2023 MY vehicles are eligible for this 2 Complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter Program.
As outlined in Attachment 'A' - 2022-601, the GM Canada 2 Complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter and 1 DTC filter and transmission fluid top up.
I’ve searched the net for a copy of this dealer reminder to no avail. A link would be awesome.
Only info I have is what is on my window sticker. 2 free oil and filter. NOTHING about DTC filter.
I know in the USA, they get the DTC covered but not in Canada I was told.
Again would love to have a copy of the TSB.

Morning everyone. Is they a copy of the TSB 2023 MY vehicles are eligible for this 2 Complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter Program.
As outlined in Attachment 'A' - 2022-601, the GM Canada 2 Complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter and 1 DTC filter and transmission fluid top up.
I’ve searched the net for a copy of this dealer reminder to no avail. A link would be awesome.
Only info I have is what is on my window sticker. 2 free oil and filter. NOTHING about DTC filter.
I know in the USA, they get the DTC covered but not in Canada I was told.
Again would love to have a copy of the

I didn't bother with going to the dealer at the end of last year's driving season for my 2023. I Just did it myself, had about 3700 km on it. I will grudgingly use my first oil change/DCT service at the end of this year's season, as I don't trust the level of professionalism at any dealership these days. I estimate I'll have about 7000 km on the clock. It will be another two years perhaps when I will have to get the DCT service done again. I might do it myself, we will see. Yes, I'm throwing away about $100 worth of free oil by not using the 2nd free oil change but no big deal, one tank of gas is more than that!

This.
gm
HOME OFFICE LETTER
NUMBER:
DATE:
To:
CATEGORY: SUBJECT/PROGRAM NAME: HIGHLIGHTS
2022-601R02
NOVEMBER 7, 2022
GM CANADA DEALERS
SERVICE
2COMPLIMENTARY LUBE-OIL-FILTER PROGRAM UPDATED ATTACHMENT 'A' REIMBURSEMENT AMOUNTS
WHATS' NEW?
(SUBJECT TO PROGRAM GUIDELINES) Updates made to reimbursements shown within Attachment A summary.
Reminder:
2023 MY vehicles are eligible for this 2 Complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter Program. As outlined in Attachment 'A' - 2022-601, the GM Canada 2 Complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter Program for GMC, Chevrolet, and Buick (the "LOF Program"), includes a maximum total of two (2) lube-oil-filter services at intervals in accordance with the oil life monitoring system and the vehicle's Owner's Manual. Additionally, Corvette customers are eligible for a DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) filter replacement and transmission fluid top of at the time of their first oil change.
Program Details:
The LOF Program provides customers with an ACDelco oil and filter change in accordance with the oil life monitoring system (taking into account customer convenience and preference in having their oil changed at the time of the 12,000 KM tire rotation) and as indicated in the vehicle's Owner's Manual for two (2) years or 24,000 KM, whichever occurs first, on 2023 MY vehicles. Fluid top offs, inspections, tire rotations, wheel alignments and balancing, etc. are NOT covered.
Customers are limited to two (2) lube-oil-filter service events during the LOF program period. Corvette
customers are limited to one (1) DCT filter service event during the LOF program period. This program is our opportunity to provide eligible new vehicle customers with an exceptional service experience and build a trusting, loyal relationship. fI accomplished, ti wil lead to long term service retention and provide a broader base of customers who wil return ot the dealership for customer pay business and future vehicle sales. Plus, customers wil stil be able to purchase the respective GMC, Chevrolet, Buick Maintenance Plan through Motors Insurance Corporation (MIC), our preferred and contracted provider of
extended warranty plans.
Dealers should continue ot reference 2021-601 and revisions for the 2022 MY, 2020-601 and revisions for the 2021 MY, 2019-601 and revisions for the 2020 MY.
Bob McCielland
Director Customer Care &Aftersales
Al Home Office Letters and related documents and information should be treated as STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and not to be posted on CCF .
So pay for the first oil change or do it yourself and you still have the two free ones as well as the TX service . This way you can tailor it to your preferences/milage .

But that's kind of the opposite of what OP is asking (and I am curious about as well). We'd like the DCT service done with the second engine oil change, but that letter says it has to be done at the first ("Corvette customers are eligible for a DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) filter replacement and transmission fluid top of at the time of their first oil change.").

But that's kind of the opposite of what OP is asking (and I am curious about as well). We'd like the DCT service done with the second engine oil change, but that letter says it has to be done at the first ("Corvette customers are eligible for a DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) filter replacement and transmission fluid top of at the time of their first oil change.").
Don’t shoot the messenger. I posted this for general information before he posted his question.

GM is aware and if you read the current document it says you are "eligible" to have it changed at the first. It doesn't say you MUST have it done on the first. The manual says it MUST be done at 12k whether done before or not. It also doesn't say within a certain mileage of that number. So can it be changed at 11K? or 13K?

Reactions: Noreplacement
Having been an unlucky recipient of a transmission replacement... That is the one oil and filter change I will leave to the dealership. I couldn't imagine a refusal of warranty replacement on a transmission that had the oil and filter changed outside of a dealership. I did look at the invoice for the new tranny... these things are 20K.

Having been an unlucky recipient of a transmission replacement... That is the one oil and filter change I will leave to the dealership. I couldn't imagine a refusal of warranty replacement on a transmission that had the oil and filter changed outside of a dealership. I did look at the invoice for the new tranny... these things are 20K.
Can you please share what the issue was that required replacement ?