For those of you who have put deposits down in 2019 and still wait for a C8, I feel your pain. It's been a long haul. But another few weeks to know pricing, will be a distant thing in the past once you soon have your car, or not, depending upon how you react to any price increase. In other words, I'm convinced you'll know pricing before your car is delivered and you'll have the choice to cancel or proceed with the sale at that time. I suspect as well, any price increase won't be too bad (we already know it's unchanged for the basic build) and especially when you know the demand for this car and what GM could have done with 2021 pricing because of that demand.

I realize some are saying they may have ordered different options, had they known pricing in advance. However, I think you're in a better position than others like me (and many of us) who ordered a car sight-unseen and never having the chance to sit in one, know the seats, what it might be like with or w/o certain options, etc. You've likely been able to see C8's in person or at least you've had a much better opportunity to do so, before submitting your order to the dealership. When I ordered mine, there were no C8's in Canada. Reading comments from others and actually seeing a C8 in person, are 2 very different things and I'm proof of that since I likely would have ordered a completely different exterior/interior colour combo, had I known the videos/photos were so different than the real thing. As many have said, the car is worth waiting for. And in spite of my comments, I'm very pleased with what I have and don't regret its build because I'm just too happy to have a C8.

For those of you who put deposits down in 2020 or not too long ago, you're again better off than others who will have waited much longer for their C8's. I'd suggest continued patience.

GM is dealing with a hit, handling huge demand during an unprecedented pandemic and likely now juggling economic factors given a (mostly) decreasing US/Canada exchange rate lately. Compared to what our "US cousins" south of the border will pay for their 2021 C8's, I expect Canadians will once again do well when the exchange rate is factored in.

Again, for those of you who stick it out and get your C8, as many others have said (including me) it's worth the wait and worth these hassles. I expect there'll be a shortage of 2021 C8's as well, so you'll be among those fortunate people who have a 2021 C8. Hang in there! Complaining or critiquing will do nothing to speed things up and help is around the corner: both pricing and (surprisingly) the quick delivery times if the 2021's start arriving when many are saying. [...JMO and trying to present a more upbeat viewpoint...]

Last edited:
Reactions: COP8
One thing GM is considering is the orders that were at 1100. They don't want a price increase for those orders where they can help it. So I think there will be price increases as there was in the U.S. but it won't be on all things nor too much

For those of you who have put deposits down in 2019 and still wait for a C8, I feel your pain. It's been a long haul. But another few weeks to know pricing, will be a distant thing in the past once you soon have your car, or not, depending upon how you react to any price increase. In other words, I'm convinced you'll know pricing before your car is delivered and you'll have the choice to cancel or proceed with the sale at that time. I suspect as well, any price increase won't be too bad (we already know it's unchanged for the basic build) and especially when you know the demand for this car and what GM could have done with 2021 pricing because of that demand.

I realize some are saying they may have ordered different options, had they known pricing in advance. However, I think you're in a better position than others like me (and many of us) who ordered a car sight-unseen and never having the chance to sit in one, know the seats, what it might be like with or w/o certain options, etc. You've likely been able to see C8's in person or at least you've had a much better opportunity to do so. When I ordered mine, there were no C8's in Canada. Reading comments from others and actually seeing a C8 in person, are 2 very different things and I'm proof of that since I likely would have ordered a completely different exterior/interior colour combo, had I known the videos/photos were so different than the real thing. As many have said, the car is worth waiting for. And in spite of my comments, I'm very pleased with what I have and don't regret its build because I'm just too happy to have a C8.

For those of you who put deposits down in 2020 or not too long ago, you're again better off than others who will have waited much longer for their C8's. I'd suggest continued patience.

GM is dealing with a hit, handling huge demand during an unprecedented pandemic and likely now juggling economic factors given a (mostly) decreasing US/Canada exchange rate lately.

Again, for those of you who stick it out and get your C8, as many others have said (including me) it's worth the wait and worth these hassles. I expect there'll be a shortage of 2021 C8's as well, so you'll be among those fortunate people who have a 2021 C8. Hang in there! Complaining or critiquing will do nothing to speed things up and help is around the corner: both pricing and (surprisingly) the quick delivery times if the 2021's start arriving when many are saying. [...JMO and trying to present a more upbeat viewpoint...]
GM is fortunate that the C8 is in such demand. Still no excuse for not publishing the price. From my perspective, it looks like sloppy marketing by GM Canada. The Canadian dollar has recently been gaining strength against the US dollar so Corvettes coming into Canada are costing GM Canada less than last year based on currency exchange. GM in the US has established a pricing policy for the C8 which Canada pretty much always follows. So why should it be so hard to publish the price list? I appreciate our 2021 buyers group has had the chance to see a few C8s in person lately. However, when we ordered ours 12 months ago, they were not available yet to view or sit in so we also took some risk like the 2020 buyers. I am not so willing to let GM off the hook for their tardiness in publishing the price list. Of course we will take the car when it comes but as someone else said, we may have made some changes to options if we knew what the new cost was for them. Anyway, apparently GM doesn’t really seem to care about our opinion on this matter so probably enough has been said about this subject. I appreciate your efforts to keep it upbeat.

It will be worth the wait when we get the cars the one good thing about waiting so long is that l have had enough time to go through the thought process of what l really want in my C8. l will be happy happy happy when l leave the car lot and all will be forgiven (l hope). And just think there will be all them other people for what ever reason did not pull the trigger till recently will no doubt suffer more than we ever did (l hope). What upsets me is when l drive by a house ans see a C7 and a C8 covered with snow on the lawn when l know for a fact my friend has a garadge that a lot of us would kill for . (this one is going to cost me).

I bet lots of Canadian dealers have asked GM to hold the 2021 prices until they sell all the
MSRP + 20k over 2020's they have...lol.... Had another dealer text me a few days ago.. A white 2020 2LT on the floor... 21 and change K over MSRP
Wow, I picked up my ordered HTC last week of October. I was expecting a bunch of price hike crap added on and a good battle royal to get my MSRP, to my surprise it was an easy process and no additional crap. Maybe that is just because I had it ordered but I was a very captive buyer and no advantage was taken by my salesperson. ( the business manager did try to gouge me on the EPP)

Reactions: canadiansteelman
Wow, I picked up my ordered HTC last week of October. I was expecting a bunch of price hike crap added on and a good battle royal to get my MSRP, to my surprise it was an easy process and no additional crap. Maybe that is just because I had it ordered but I was a very captive buyer and no advantage was taken by my salesperson. ( the business manager did try to gouge me on the EPP)
In Ontario, we have a “all in” auto price law under Motor Vehicles Dealer Act, 2002. Been in effect for about quite a while now. Makes it difficult for a dealer to charge over advertised MSRP prices. Since GM advertises the list price on their web site, the dealers in Ontario are not able to charge you more than that advertised price. That’s another reason to make sure 2021 prices are advertised on GM website to establish the selling price and protect buyers from potential price gouging. Thankfully, the majority of dealers in Ontario have good integrity so probably won’t be an issue but rather be safe than sorry. Remember, since dealers don’t need to discount the C8s, they are making a nice profit margin on these cars so reputable dealers are probably more than satisfied with that profit margin. Hard to get full MSRP on most car sales these days.

Reactions: moepig777
In Ontario, we have a “all in” auto price law under Motor Vehicles Dealer Act, 2002. Been in effect for about quite a while now. Makes it difficult for a dealer to charge over advertised MSRP prices. Since GM advertises the list price on their web site, the dealers in Ontario are not able to charge you more than that advertised price. That’s another reason to make sure 2021 prices are advertised on GM website to establish the selling price and protect buyers from potential price gouging. Thankfully, the majority of dealers in Ontario have good integrity so probably won’t be an issue but rather be safe than sorry. Remember, since dealers don’t need to discount the C8s, they are making a nice profit margin on these cars so reputable dealers are probably more than satisfied with that profit margin. Hard to get full MSRP on most car sales these days.
This, in part, has been discussed much on this site and verified by Ontario dealers here on the forum as well. Dealers may have integrity but vehicles that are not special ordered, or vehicles that are special ordered and then cancelled by the buyer then belong to the dealership and neither GM or anyone else has any say in what the dealer sells those vehicles for. If the dealer then advertises that vehicle for a specific price, that price is indeed an 'all in' amount, but it does not have to reflect actual MSRP. We have the same policy here in AB.

Reactions: Thom
This, in part, has been discussed much on this site and verified by Ontario dealers here on the forum as well. Dealers may have integrity but vehicles that are not special ordered, or vehicles that are special ordered and then cancelled by the buyer then belong to the dealership and neither GM or anyone else has any say in what the dealer sells those vehicles for. If the dealer then advertises that vehicle for a specific price, that price is indeed an 'all in' amount, but it does not have to reflect actual MSRP. We have the same policy here in AB.
But there could well be ramifications from GM if they hear about it. Less Corvettes for example. Not saying there is. Just saying there could be. If GM doesn't like customers buying cars and flipping them for a profit, I doubt they'd like their dealers doing it.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
But there could well be ramifications from GM if they hear about it. Less Corvettes for example. Not saying there is. Just saying there could be. If GM doesn't like customers buying cars and flipping them for a profit, I doubt they'd like their dealers doing it.
I really don't think GM cares much. Being able to buy and then sell a car for profit obviously means GM can't fill enough orders for that car. Which will likely be the case for a few years to come with the C8. Most of those people, with the profit in their pocket will turn around and buy another one when available anyway. When GM is able to meet all the orders, the flipping for profit opportunity will be gone. JMO

Reactions: moepig777
I really don't think GM cares much. Being able to buy and then sell a car for profit obviously means GM can't fill enough orders for that car. Which will likely be the case for a few years to come with the C8. Most of those people, with the profit in their pocket will turn around and buy another one when available anyway. When GM is able to meet all the orders, the flipping for profit opportunity will be gone. JMO
Well, they cared enough to try and stop one forum member from getting another. I think they care. How much? Who knows. Not me.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Price for 2021 may be coming soon, since c8 2020 builder is down...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-155758_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-155758_Chrome.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 24
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.