Regular
Feb 26, 2014
North Oshawa
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Convertible
Province
ON
GM Canada has still not published the prices for 2021 C8s. I find it incredible and frustrating that the US has had pricing for over a month but GM Canada still has not published a price. They keep promising it will be out soon but still nothing. Many of us have 2021 cars ordered and no idea what the actual cost will be. We are expecting the prices to be held over from 2020 models like the US did but who knows for sure. Hopefully, someone at GM Canada understands how this reflects badly on their company image.

GM Canada has still not published the prices for 2021 C8s. I find it incredible and frustrating that the US has had pricing for over a month but GM Canada still has not published a price. They keep promising it will be out soon but still nothing. Many of us have 2021 cars ordered and no idea what the actual cost will be. We are expecting the prices to be held over from 2020 models like the US did but who knows for sure. Hopefully, someone at GM Canada understands how this reflects badly on their company image.
It is firm that the base price for the 1,2&3LT will be the same. It's the options that we know nothing about.

Heard it from 2 dealers, plus a friend who works for GM.
Like I said, rumour mill says the prices will be same, however, give it to me in writing from GM as that is the only thing that is a sure fact. The real issue is that GM Canada should have been able to publish the prices at same time as US. 2020 C8s have been sold out for many months and they know that there is a waiting list for 2021's since last spring. Out of consideration for their 2021 C8 customers, they could have published the prices at same time as the USA. Thankfully, we could at least use the US price list to help guide us in ordering the options but that shouldn't be the way it should work.

Reactions: kevindesj
I agree very frustrating, I have a 2021 on order with W/N, and was there three weeks ago. Jeff mentioned, to the best of their knowledge no increase on the car only options. For my build we budgeted $3k. 2LT, Z51, lift, are the major options on my build. I’m curious as what GM has told the dealers for their first round of allocations, if Murray right come mid December and production/ delivery of the first allocations GM will be invoicing dealers so the some pricing will be known.

I agree very frustrating, I have a 2021 on order with W/N, and was there three weeks ago. Jeff mentioned, to the best of their knowledge no increase on the car only options. For my build we budgeted $3k. 2LT, Z51, lift, are the major options on my build. I’m curious as what GM has told the dealers for their first round of allocations, if Murray right come mid December and production/ delivery of the first allocations GM will be invoicing dealers so the some pricing will be known.
My car went to 3000 last week so probably being built in January or February. Not sure when dealer will get invoice but hopefully we will know cost before that. It would be nice to know the actual cost before placing a firm order. Normally, that’s how things work.

Like I said, rumour mill says the prices will be same, however, give it to me in writing from GM as that is the only thing that is a sure fact. The real issue is that GM Canada should have been able to publish the prices at same time as US. 2020 C8s have been sold out for many months and they know that there is a waiting list for 2021's since last spring. Out of consideration for their 2021 C8 customers, they could have published the prices at same time as the USA. Thankfully, we could at least use the US price list to help guide us in ordering the options but that shouldn't be the way it should work.
Same as the 2020 C8 orders, I placed my order without any Canadian pricing. I didn't worry about it. Out of my control.

You live in Oshawa. Grab a pizza box and a stick. Invert pizza box, scribble your message of displeasure and recommendations for business practice accountability. Nail pizza box sign to stick. Picket GM Head Office. 1902 Colonel Sam Drive. Make sure your message faces the windows...

You live in Oshawa. Grab a pizza box and a stick. Invert pizza box, scribble your message of displeasure and recommendations for business practice accountability. Nail pizza box sign to stick. Picket GM Head Office. 1902 Colonel Sam Drive. Make sure your message faces the windows...
I ant to join me?

You think they give a crap about that when they have a 60000 Plus waiting list it's like the LCBO you sell it they will come at almost any price.

GM will wait until the very last minute.

This really has to do with the US to CAD forex volatility right now. CAD is rising vs the greenback, and everyone needs to stay whole when it comes to transfer pricing...GM USA, GM Canada, Dealers, Sales staff, and the price has to make sense to end Customers.

We already know the direction GM is going, so it won't be much different in the end; base price remains relatively the same, and options will be a couple bucks more here and there. Expect to pay more for a '21 vs a '20, but it won't break the bank.

I know all this waiting sucks, but be patient and you will you will be extremely pleased come delivery day. I waited something like 15 months for mine, but the wait was so worth it.

GM Canada subsidizes the car (for lack of a better term) for Canadians so I'm sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes. Makes sense that the volatility of the U.S. presidency and the Corona virus etc. makes it difficult to predict the Canadian dollar. I suspect we could even see a mid year price increase on options.

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
GM Canada subsidizes the car (for lack of a better term) for Canadians so I'm sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes. Makes sense that the volatility of the U.S. presidency and the Corona virus etc. makes it difficult to predict the Canadian dollar. I suspect we could even see a mid year price increase on options.
You may be right Murray, but fundamentally for me there is something not right about signing a blank cheque and giving it to a corporation like GM. The Canadian dollar has been quite stable against the US dollar for the last year and not likely to change at least for the next 1/2 year out so I don’t think that is a valid excuse. GM Canada knows how much the car costs and they know the inflation rate in Canada. GM established their marketing and pricing policy with the 2020 C8 models. It should not be that difficult to set the prices for the 2021 models. They did it for all the other 2021 vehicle models. For those of us in the first allocation of 2021 cars, it would be nice to know what the car and options cost so we could have made a better more informed decision based on facts, not speculation. I agree with the comments that prices will likely follow last year and the US published prices, but it would be nice to know for sure. Just makes good business sense to know what your cost is. That is my point. I know it’s frustrating for the dealers as well.

I hear you. It sucks, but nothing you can do. Buy the car or not. I was in a similar position last year. Not quite as bad. At least I knew the prices before I went to 2000. However you may have an argument for making changes at 2000 even though you are not supposed to. It has been done before at least once.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.