I ordered them on my SBO coupe because I'm not a black wheel guy and
wanted to have something in the mid colour range.
I'm pleased, but like so many options it's all personal choice.
Wheels can be changed after production whereas mag ride or front lift can't be added after delivery.
There are some on Kijiji for sale now. Somebody decided to change out their wheels already.
Some ordered base wheels knowing they would swap them out on delivery.
Different strokes for different folks.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Have them as well on my C8
IMG_20200901_152606.jpg

You asked so, they look terrible IMO why would you want to spend that much on a stock wheel that also has terrible offsets. So many choices in the aftermarket for similar money plus you will have your stock base wheels to sell or keep for a second set . Most C8 owners all agree that the GM offering of wheels for this car was a big miss.

It is completely personal choice, however I feel for all C8 owners, as it is virtually impossible to "try - before you buy" - that is to see the grey spectra wheels on a car that is the color of one you wish to purchase. To be honest, if you'd have asked me 5 years ago about Corvette wheels, I would have said they had to be chrome... Having said that, for my C7, in Watkins Glen grey, the black wheels give it a Stealth Bomber look I quite enjoy.
Again... personal choice, but do try to see the wheels on an actual car that is the color you will be going with - first.

You asked so, they look terrible IMO why would you want to spend that much on a stock wheel that also has terrible offsets. So many choices in the aftermarket for similar money plus you will have your stock base wheels to sell or keep for a second set . Most C8 owners all agree that the GM offering of wheels for this car was a big miss.
Thanks for your input. I am wondering how much it will cost to get aftermarket wheels here with exchange, duty, freight and brokerage? Can you explain to me what you mean by terrible offsets?

Thanks for your input. I am wondering how much it will cost to get aftermarket wheels here with exchange, duty, freight and brokerage? Can you explain to me what you mean by terrible offsets?
The wheels are tucked in about 2cm inside the fenders. You can get spacers to remedy the problem, but it shouldn't have been a problem to fix from the factory.

$3000 USD and up for a set of forged wheels + 200 for shipping + GST + brokerage of maybe $100 if you are lucky.

Local Canadian retails are selling Vossen flow forged stuff for about $3300CAD for a set of 20/21s.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have stuck with the base wheels, and put the money towards an aftermarket solution.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.