How about the cars that are coming by truck? šŸ˜‰ lol
I was built by the 7th of February
I expect them to move out rather quickly as it should be easy to fill a trailer with similar destinations. The only caveat is the number of drivers. They have plenty of trailers.

Reactions: rommel
Your right the cars are all lined up waiting to get moved onto the trains but they haven't been released to ship yet. Still some logistics to finalize before release which I will fill you in on as I get more information.
Hi Scott, I've been a lurker on the forums (recently discovered them) and just made an account. Firstly, thanks for the great information you provide everyone here.

Quick background: I put a deposit down for a C8 late 2021, and got the call to build a 2024 C8 late last year. I ordered the car from Barry Cullen out in Guelph, Ontario. Specs are 2024, Red Mist, Coupe, 2LT, Z51 Performance package (this will be my first vette!). Car was built by 02/02/2024 but was held in BG due to the recall of course. Per your comments above, I see that fixes have been applied to the 2024s. Do you know how the cars come to Guelph from BG? Is it via truck? What is your best guess at when I can expect my dealer to receive it and thereafter me to finally get behind the wheel after waiting almost 2.5 years?

Thanks!

Hi Scott, I've been a lurker on the forums (recently discovered them) and just made an account. Firstly, thanks for the great information you provide everyone here.

Quick background: I put a deposit down for a C8 late 2021, and got the call to build a 2024 C8 late last year. I ordered the car from Barry Cullen out in Guelph, Ontario. Specs are 2024, Red Mist, Coupe, 2LT, Z51 Performance package (this will be my first vette!). Car was built by 02/02/2024 but was held in BG due to the recall of course. Per your comments above, I see that fixes have been applied to the 2024s. Do you know how the cars come to Guelph from BG? Is it via truck? What is your best guess at when I can expect my dealer to receive it and thereafter me to finally get behind the wheel after waiting almost 2.5 years?

Thanks!
Hi and welcome to the forum and thanks for changing from a lurker to a poster and sending me your first post. Congrats on your first Corvette and I am wonder if Al was your salesman at Barry Cullen? I just spoke to him and he has 12 cars including yours that are waiting to be shipped. Your car will come by truck when it leaves the yard behind the plant and go most likely to Flint Michigan. It's possible depending on where your driver lives that it could spend the night at the yard in Lansing instead.
From there it will come across I69 to Port Huron Michigan and cross into Sarnia. From there it will head to the first drop.
I went through this process in August as my Red Mist HTC is from Barry Cullen as well with my deposit being placed in Aug 2021. In the case of my car, the driver crossed the bridge got on the 402 and then headed north to Goderich to drop a 1LT coupe and then went cross country to Guelph where I intercepted the truck near New Hamburg and saw where my car was on the truck and I knew I would be next off (second from the back on the bottom).
It would be quicker if the trucks were loaded with the entire load going to one dealer, but that would be a nightmare trying to find each car for that dealership in a sea of cars and get them lined up. I think they will ship the cars based on the completion dates which is more fair system for those waiting. As your car was completed two weeks after the cars started being held, I could see it taking a couple of weeks to get your car loaded. Once it's loaded it will arrive in Guelph the next day unless it's a Friday when your car leaves. That saves a month compared to being shipped by rail out west or to Quebec and further east. This is going to be a big job for the trucking company to coordinate which drivers will be coming to Canada, what cars will be on each load and how they keep the other US cars moving out at the same time and Canadian production is getting ready to ramp up again at the beginning of April. Your lucky as your dealer gets direct shipping and your car doesn't have to be trucked to a rail yard or the Ingersoll holding yard. You will have your car next month.

It would be quicker if the trucks were loaded with the entire load going to one dealer, but that would be a nightmare trying to find each car for that dealership in a sea of cars and get them lined up. I think they will ship the cars based on the completion dates which is more fair system for those waiting.
I'm not so sure it's that hard. All the cars are in designated location and on computer. It should be rather simple to get all the cars on one trailer. They did that in early in the 2020 MY with the new car being held for QC. They filled all the lots around the plant. One the hold was lifted the lot emptied rather quickly with like destinations on one trailer etc.

Reactions: rommel
I'm not so sure it's that hard. All the cars are in designated location and on computer. It should be rather simple to get all the cars on one trailer. They did that in early in the 2020 MY with the new car being held for QC. They filled all the lots around the plant. One the hold was lifted the lot emptied rather quickly with like destinations on one trailer etc.
Your right Murray, there are many dealerships now waiting on more than a full truckload and they may decide if they can shuffle almost 500 cars around to get at each one they want, to load trucks by the dealer like Barry or Brian Cullen's it would make more sense to do it that way. I just see that creating problems if the cars that have been sitting for over two months now don't get moved initially, but they can send those cars on additional trucks if they have the capacity initially with enough drivers.

Hi and welcome to the forum and thanks for changing from a lurker to a poster and sending me your first post. Congrats on your first Corvette and I am wonder if Al was your salesman at Barry Cullen?
I'm working with a younger gentleman named Nathan.

Thank you for the detailed info Scott. I'll tell myself to expect it for April 30th (hopefully sooner šŸ«£).

Curious how you knew where the truck was when you intercepted it.

I'm working with a younger gentleman named Nathan.

Thank you for the detailed info Scott. I'll tell myself to expect it for April 30th (hopefully sooner šŸ«£).

Curious how you knew where the truck was when you intercepted it.
Is Nathan Al's son? I haven't met him yet and have you installed the my chevrolet app on your phone yet?

Is Nathan Al's son? I haven't met him yet and have you installed the my chevrolet app on your phone yet?
Not sure but he's been working at Barry Cullen for 9 years. Sorry first time GM vehicle purchase, are you talking about the Onstar Guardian app? Will downloading and entering VIN info on that allow me to see where the vehicle is?

Nathan is not Al's son then. Start by downloading the My Chevrolet app which replaced the OnStar app in Canada.
As a first time user you won't be adding a car to your existing service. Nathan will be able to help you when he
sets up and activates your account. He can also track your car once it leaves the yard. Get him to show you how the
system works.

Reactions: Red-Vette
For all those waiting on your 2024's, the update is now in your dealers computer with your VIN# and the dealers will be paid an additional 1/2 hour labour to do the update by plugging into your car. This is not an over the air update for 2024's apparently. I am still waiting for news on the 2023's.

For all those waiting on your 2024's, the update is now in your dealers computer with your VIN# and the dealers will be paid an additional 1/2 hour labour to do the update by plugging into your car. This is not an over the air update for 2024's apparently. I am still waiting for news on the 2023's.
You must have caught somebody on the inside track with a sheep, lol . Thanks for all of the valuable information, again. ;)

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
Scott, does GM extend the factor warranty by 2 months given that the cars have been delayed?

The online GM registry still shows my warranty date as starting from the production date of Feb 5.
Excellent point but warranty date is probably from the time you pay the invoice and the vehicle is transferred to your ownership. If you have already paid then you have a very valid argument. Sorry to interrupt.

Scott, does GM extend the factor warranty by 2 months given that the cars have been delayed?

The online GM registry still shows my warranty date as starting from the production date of Feb 5.
No your warranty date is effective the date of delivery of the vehicle, not when it's built or delivered to a dealership

Reactions: redpearl99
There was a thread started yesterday which contains inaccurate information. The cars in Bowling Green are still on hold. Most sitting at status 3800-Engineering Hold.
GM Order Management has reached out to the managers at the Retail Team of GM Canada to dig into why the cars are still on hold. An answer is expected tomorrow.
What that means is a call to the plant to find out what's going on and when the cars will be moved to 4000 Available to ship status.
Now a bit of good news. If your car made it to a rail yard or Ingersoll before the hold, those cars are moving and some were delivered today.
More information tomorrow.

No, the cars at the factory are still on an engineering hold. They need to be released to the shipping company which hasnā€™t happened yet. The cars that left the factory in January before the hold but were later held in shipping yards like Ingersoll have now started being delivered today.

Last edited:
Got an email from gm canada this morning.....
"your vehicle has been produced and, pending some final testing and approvals, will be ready for final shipment"
And it just went on to say they're trying to get them out to us valued gm customers and there are things beyond their control.

Last Friday my dealer sent me a msg saying there were no holds on the car.

Anyway, I just thought id share a little update.

Got an email from gm canada this morning.....
"your vehicle has been produced and, pending some final testing and approvals, will be ready for final shipment"
And it just went on to say they're trying to get them out to us valued gm customers and there are things beyond their control.

Last Friday my dealer sent me a msg saying there were no holds on the car.

Anyway, I just thought id share a little update.
Curious how you received an email from GM Canada? Did you contact them at some point directly? I have never received an email from them and I would be curious to see if anyone else here has. Thanks for your update Rommel, very much appreciated šŸ™šŸ‘