Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
GM is well on there way to finding a solution for all of the vehicles named in the recall. So far a solution has been found for Traverse, the GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, GMC Sierra HD, Silverado HD, GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe and GMC Yukon. Priority has been given to the higher volume vehicles. Up next will be the Cadillac CT4 and CT5, Buick Envision and Corvette. GMC Hummer and the Cadillac Lyriq will be last as there's only a few of them compared to Corvettes.
Later this week and next the dealers will be hearing about these updates through the Global Connect system. Since a solution has been found to over 50% of the product line already, I expect the software solution for the Corvette to be completed by the end of this month as I mentioned to those that have contacted me already about this. Do not call your dealer at this point. They are being updated on a daily basis and will let you know when things start moving again. The more vehicles that are backing up waiting to cross the border the more pressure that GM will be putting on the Gov't to lift the blockage and allow the vehicles to enter the country. This information is for those that are waiting for your cars as I've read how frustrated you are. You will not find any information like this on Corvette Blogger, the Mid Engine Corvette Forum, Corvette Forum or anywhere else. This is only of importance to us here in Canada not to other markets.

GM is well on there way to finding a solution for all of the vehicles named in the recall. So far a solution has been found for Traverse, the GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, GMC Sierra HD, Silverado HD, GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe and GMC Yukon. Priority has been given to the higher volume vehicles. Up next will be the Cadillac CT4 and CT5, Buick Envision and Corvette. GMC Hummer and the Cadillac Lyriq will be last as there's only a few of them compared to Corvettes.
Later this week and next the dealers will be hearing about these updates through the Global Connect system. Since a solution has been found to over 50% of the product line already, I expect the software solution for the Corvette to be completed by the end of this month as I mentioned to those that have contacted me already about this. Do not call your dealer at this point. They are being updated on a daily basis and will let you know when things start moving again. The more vehicles that are backing up waiting to cross the border the more pressure that GM will be putting on the Gov't to lift the blockage and allow the vehicles to enter the country. This information is for those that are waiting for your cars as I've read how frustrated you are. You will not find any information like this on Corvette Blogger, the Mid Engine Corvette Forum, Corvette Forum or anywhere else. This is only of importance to us here in Canada not to other markets.
Thanks, as always, for your insight Scott. Much appreciated!

I actually called the dealer yesterday to find out what they know. They said it seems to be a lighting issue. Which we all know already. My car has been sitting in BG since Jan 29th. I hope that things start moving quickly. Thinks Scott for keeping us up to date on this.

As usual Scott comes through again for us with pertinent Canadian information. Thank you very much!

I actually called the dealer yesterday to find out what they know. They said it seems to be a lighting issue. Which we all know already. My car has been sitting in BG since Jan 29th. I hope that things start moving quickly. Thinks Scott for keeping us up to date on this.
I wonder if Bowling Green has stopped manufacturing Canadian Erays and other Corvettes due to this software fix creating a backlog. It appears there are still only 9 Erays built for Canada according to C8tracker - or maybe they are manufacturing but not producing window stickers?

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
I wonder if Bowling Green has stopped manufacturing Canadian Erays and other Corvettes due to this software fix creating a backlog. It appears there are still only 9 Erays built for Canada according to C8tracker - or maybe they are manufacturing but not producing window stickers?
Yes I have been watching this daily and from what I can see, they stopped building Canadian C8's of all types on February 13th. No new window stickers have been released since then other than QC additions.

We thought that you were the Happy Camper. ;)
I am HAPPY, my 2024 C8 HTC is sitting in my garage with 158km on it. Probably going to wash the salt off the underside from the transport from Bowling Green to Ontario tomorrow as it supposed to be nice weather.

CAMPER - Hate laying on the ground, my idea of camping is a cottage with a real bed, A/C, dishwasher or a Prevost bus CAMPER towing my C8 in a trailer.

I am HAPPY, my 2024 C8 HTC is sitting in my garage with 158km on it. Probably going to wash the salt off the underside from the transport from Bowling Green to Ontario tomorrow as it supposed to be nice weather.

CAMPER - Hate laying on the ground, my idea of camping is a cottage with a real bed, A/C, dishwasher or a Prevost bus CAMPER towing my C8 in a trailer.
Lucky camper ! When did you receive your car ? Mine along with too many others is stuck in limbo .

Lucky camper ! When did you receive your car ? Mine along with too many others is stuck in limbo .
I picked it up on that real nice day here in Ontario on December 14th. - Was debating whether to let it sit at the dealer as they did not have my high wing to install and I was leaving on the 15th for 2 weeks in Honolulu, but I am a real LUCKY camper for dodging the DRL recall issue. I would have probably been forced to pickup when/if the wing came in before the February 6th Transport Canada issues recall and stop sell anyway.

My buddy just signed his build sheet the end of January and was expecting to be status 3000 by now, but it looks like it will be summertime 2024 car for him. It won't hurt him as badly as it would have me as I sold my Viper in October, but he still has the choice of the 1968 Mustang, the 200? Shelby or the 2021 Demon so the wait will not be as severe.

At this point for the 2024 vehicles where a solution has been found, there is a refresh of the ECU being done at the dealerships during the PDI process.
A solution has now been now found for the Cadillac CT4's and CT5's, with the Lyriq and Corvette still to come in the next 10 days. After that will come
the software updates for prior model years back to 2020.

At this point for the 2024 vehicles where a solution has been found, there is a refresh of the ECU being done at the dealerships during the PDI process.
A solution has now been now found for the Cadillac CT4's and CT5's, with the Lyriq and Corvette still to come in the next 10 days. After that will come
the software updates for prior model years back to 2020.
Mr corvette, any truth to the suggestion that Transport Canada has to inspect each vehicle to confirm the fix has been implemented before being allowed to enter Canada? From what you are saying it sounds like the cars are going to be shipped with the defect then reflashed at the dealership.

Mr corvette, any truth to the suggestion that Transport Canada has to inspect each vehicle to confirm the fix has been implemented before being allowed to enter Canada? From what you are saying it sounds like the cars are going to be shipped with the defect then reflashed at the dealership.
Rather than fixing and then inspecting every car before it enters into the country, Transport Canada is being told that a solution has been found and reflashes will be done at the dealership during the pre delivery inspection before the car is sold. It's possible that the first few that enter the country will need to be inspected before being allowed in, where Bowling Green would have done the reflashes. At that point it would be faster to ship the remainder to be completed at the selling dealer. However, there is another challenge that is yet to be faced as the cars waiting to be shipped to Canada add up. Something that hasn't been spoken about is that Jack Cooper has a limited number of drivers that are able to bring the cars into Canada. Before everyone panics, this won't slow the cars down that will be trucked to the Toledo rail yard heading east or sent by rail to the Chicago rail yard for the journey out west, but for those in Ontario this is going to present a challenge. Some dealers now have more than a full truckload of cars waiting at the plant for transport. Usually they ship the cars that have been sitting the longest first. Hopefully the batteries won't be dead by the time they go to load those cars, but being in transport mode should extend the battery life.

Last edited:
It has been hinted to GM order management today the fix for the Corvettes will be next week. They want to get the cars moving as our cars are taking up a quarter of the parking lot down there.

LOL, So we are causing them issues with parking and yet we have issues because we have cars that need the upgrade to get into Canada. Which were built long ago.