Status
Not open for further replies.
Another issue on getting cars to Canada is the limited amount of truck drivers who can enter Canada.
Scotty, do you remember me mentioning that in my March 9th post?
"However, there is another challenge that is yet to be faced as the cars waiting to be shipped to Canada add up. Something that hasn't been spoken about is that Jack Cooper has a limited number of drivers that are able to bring the cars into Canada."
This only impacts the cars coming to Ontario and I have met at least a dozen different Jack Cooper drivers. They will figure out the scheduling in short order with all of the drivers that have come here in the past. Here's my car being unloaded with my driver from Flint, Michigan. You will be seeing this again soon guys!
IMG_2050.jpg

Or enter the US.
Not sure what your saying here. The drivers that bring the cars to Canada that I've met are all from the US. They have no issues returning with a full load out of Ingersoll going the other way or an empty load.

Scotty, do you remember me mentioning that in my March 9th post?
"However, there is another challenge that is yet to be faced as the cars waiting to be shipped to Canada add up. Something that hasn't been spoken about is that Jack Cooper has a limited number of drivers that are able to bring the cars into Canada."
This only impacts the cars coming to Ontario and I have met at least a dozen different Jack Cooper drivers. They will figure out the scheduling in short order with all of the drivers that have come here in the past. Here's my car being unloaded with my driver from Flint, Michigan. You will be seeing this again soon guys!

Sorry. I missed that but at least 2 of us agree. The driver who delivered mine was from Eaton Rapids just outside of Lansing. He said he picked them all up the day before in BG, left the rig in his driveway for the night (he must live in the countryside?) and was at the border by 8am next day.

Drivers that can cross the border either direction are a huge problem in the trucking industry. A lot of American drivers dont have passports so they cant come into Canada and a lot of States dont allow drivers under the age of 25 to operate a truck in that particular state so that limits Canadian drivers going south.

Not sure what your saying here. The drivers that bring the cars to Canada that I've met are all from the US. They have no issues returning with a full load out of Ingersoll going the other way or an empty load.
I was referring to drivers from Canada who for usually something as innocuous as a DUI from 20 years ago or a small spliff from high school days are denied entry into the US . I know a few so they are restricted to hauling on this side of the 49th only. I assumed that vehicles are transported in both directions being as we do manufacture units here that I thought were destined for the US market.

Ok guys, here's your daily update as to where things stand after today. GM Order Management has been told the cars that only had a lighting hold on them are going to be released soon.
They are being released on a car by car basis as some cars also have a batch hold on them for Engineering issues (you will recall we went through this with some of the cars going into a batch hold for the transmission noises a few months ago and being shipped to Michigan and GM wouldn't tell anyone anything about what was going on) and those cars will have to go back through Quality Control before they are released. Before everyone panics, if you have already spoken to your dealer and you have been told you only had a lighting hold on your car, your car WILL NOT have to go back into Quality Control! I have confirmed again that to speed things up, your dealer will be doing the lighting update during your PDI and will be paid additional time for the install. I have also confirmed there is no fix yet for 2020 - 2023 Corvettes. I do not expect there to be more on updates for these cars until the end of the month. My best guess is that the cars will be rolling by next week.

Last edited:
Ok guys, here's your daily update as to where things stand after today. GM Order Management has been told the cars that only had a lighting hold on them are going to be released soon.
They are being released on a car by car basis as some cars also have a batch hold on them for Engineering issues (you will recall we went through this with some of the cars going into a batch hold for the transmission noises a few months ago and being shipped to Michigan and GM wouldn't tell anyone anything about what was going on) and those cars will have to go back through Quality Control before they are released. Before everyone panics, if you have already spoken to your dealer and you have been told you only had a lighting hold on your car, your car WILL NOT have to go back into Quality Control! I have confirmed again that to speed things up, your dealer will be doing the lighting update during your PDI and will be paid additional time for the install. I have also confirmed there is no fix yet for 2020 - 2023 Corvettes. I do not expect there to be more on updates for these cars until the end of the month. My best guess is that the cars will be rolling by next week.
Scott, how can I tell if mine was just a lighting hold? My dealer isn't responsive lately. Are you able to tell?

What works best is to call your sales rep on his cell phone. If that doesn't work go there.
Just curious . When do you sleep ? Or are you like rust ? I check the time stamps, lol . Rust never sleeps thanks for your dedication to this unnecessary cause for stress for a lot of paying customers. Makes me wish I could afford a Lamborghini.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Just curious . When do you sleep ? Or are you like rust ? I check the time stamps, lol . Rust never sleeps thanks for your dedication to this unnecessary cause for stress for a lot of paying customers. Makes me wish I could afford a Lamborghini.
I’m in the eastern time zone only 2 hours from GM corporate. Your car will make it to Edmonton by the time that the snow melts! Lambos have no storage space or cup holders not to mention mag ride version 4.0. You’ll enjoy your car better. I know a lot of members are really stressed about this and even though I’m not waiting on a car and we’re in a similar situation as we were when cars started getting shipped to Detroit and dealers were calling me asking what the problem was when GM went silent for a month, I feel you guys deserve to know what’s going on regardless if GM goes mute or not. I don’t understand why they feel being silent and elusive is a better strategy with their customers than being honest, truthful and helpful. I wish I was in a position within GM to do a better job than I can from afar but the information I am sending is meant to make up for their shortfall and treat everyone out there the way I believe a Corvette customer should be treated with respect and dignity with an informed concierge service.

Before everyone panics, if you have already spoken to your dealer and you have been told you only had a lighting hold on your car, your car WILL NOT have to go back into Quality Control!
Just called Barry Cullen and was told my car only had the headlight recall. My sales guy said that he expects BG to do the fix before shipping it out, but you mentioned it'll be .5 hours of labor for the dealers tech team. Either way, hoping I can get delivery soon. Thanks Scott.

Just called Barry Cullen and was told my car only had the headlight recall. My sales guy said that he expects BG to do the fix before shipping it out, but you mentioned it'll be .5 hours of labor for the dealers tech team. Either way, hoping I can get delivery soon. Thanks Scott.
Be easier for the dealers to do it so I suspect it will ship without it.

Weekend update. As was the case last fall with the transmission issue, GM has gone dark. They don't want to release information to you and create
a wave of calls to dealers asking where my car is. They would rather you just wait until your dealer calls and says it's here.
What's really happening is that cars have had a change in status and some are now showing bayed and ready for transport. Individual cars are being assigned to carriers for departure next week. If your car is not built and sitting at 3000 status forever, yesterday it probably moved to 3300 status and will have a build date next week when it moves to 3400.

Status
Not open for further replies.