Dik

Regular
May 7, 2014
St. Albert
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z51 Convertible
Hi.
I received an email detailing this Canadian class-action suit. The email includes links to apply to this action plus other relevant information. The dead-line for application is October 2023.

I do not recall applying to any law suit (recently :Biggrin:) so I think my name and email was farmed from, or submitted by the vehicle dealerships I use?

Has anyone else on this board received this email? If so, what do you think? Personally, I have not taken the time to read each link or call the phone number for more information but I will soon.

Thanks for reading and I look for ward to some ideas.

:Cheers2:
Regards,
Richard

Dear Class Member,​
Re: Canadian Auto Parts Price-Fixing Class Actions
You are receiving this notice because you filed a claim in the Wire Harness distribution and/or were identified in the customer records of the “Automakers.” The “Automakers” are defined as: BMW/Mini Cooper, Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat/Jeep/Ram, Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, General Motors (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Daewoo, GMC, Hummer, Isuzu, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn), Honda/Acura, Jaguar/Land Rover, Mazda, Nissan/Infiniti, Subaru, Toyota/Lexus, Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche and Volvo.​
No wrongdoing is alleged against the Automakers. They are not defendants in the class actions.​
The Automakers provided customer information to the Claims Administrator in accordance with Court orders. The information can be used only for the purposes of administering the distribution of settlement funds and cannot be used or disclosed by the Claims Administrator for any other purpose.​
 ​
We are in the process of distributing over $78.4 million in Court-approved settlement funds in the Canadian Automotive Parts class actions. Please see the Court-approved notice for more information.​
Deadline to apply for settlement funds: October 30, 2023
 ​
What is this Class Action About?
Class action lawsuits were commenced in Ontario, British Columbia, and/or Quebec alleging that automotive part manufacturers conspired to fix the price of certain automotive parts. This distribution relates to settlements totalling approximately CDN $78.4 million, reached in 23 auto parts actions. The aggregate settlement funds, plus accrued interest, less Court-approved legal fees and expenses, and applicable taxes, are available for compensation to Settlement Class Members. The settlements were approved by the courts in Ontario, British Columbia, and/or Quebec. The settlements are a compromise of disputed claims and are not an admission of liability.​
Who Can Apply to Receive Settlement Benefits?
To be eligible for settlement benefits in any particular action, you must have purchased and/or leased a new passenger car, sport utility vehicle, van, and/or light truck (up to 10,000 lbs.) from the applicable Automaker(s) during the relevant period. See www.autopartsettlement.ca/faq (No. 9) for a list of relevant parts, Automakers and time periods.​
Applying for Settlement Benefits
Apply for payments online at Auto Parts Settlement Page.​
The information you provided in the context of the Wire Harness distribution and/or customer information received from the Automakers indicates that you made qualifying purchases and/or leases. This information has been populated in your online claim and can be viewed using the Claim ID and PIN below.​
CLAIM ID: 20205518
PIN: 14211470
You may claim for additional purchases. If the additional purchases cannot be confirmed against the information provided by the Automakers, you may be required to provide proof of purchase.​
Proposed Distribution in Other Auto Parts Cases
Approximately 45 cases have been commenced in respect of the alleged price-fixing of automotive parts. As additional auto parts cases resolve, it is likely that some of the resolved cases will relate to the same brands and years covered by this distribution. Your eligibility for settlement benefits in those cases will depend on applying for settlement benefits in this distribution. If you do not apply for settlement benefits in this distribution, you will not be entitled to settlement benefits in those cases. For updates on the status of the proposed distribution of settlement funds, visit www.siskinds.com/autoparts.​
More Information
The information contained in this letter is a summary of the claims filing process and the distribution of the settlement funds. Please refer to the Court-approved Distribution Protocol for more details. The Distribution Protocol can be found online at the Auto Parts Settlement Page.​
For questions not answered online, please email [email protected] or call 1-866-474-4331.​
Who are the lawyers working on this class action?
The following Canadian law firms are counsel in the class action:​

I received the same email. It mentions generating my contact info, from the vehicle manufacturer I purchased my vehicle(s) from (see the first line of the notice). I thought it could be one of the "spam" emails I often get, however this morning I read a news item (with 2 different Web news services) confirming it's legit. I'm debating applying, since I purchased at least 3 vehicles that qualify, during the time frame mentioned. I suspect however that once funds are distributed, I'd get "peanuts" so it's likely not worth it. As with any class actions, the legal fees are paid up front, then the expenses of the "nominal named Plaintiffs" and after that, the remaining monies are distributed amongst everyone else.

Reactions: Dik
Thanks guys.

It didn't look like spam to me and I knew someone here would know what this is all about then help.

Filing this email in the virtual round bin were my first thoughts too.

I consider this case closed.

As always ....
:Cheers2:

I received the same email. It mentions generating my contact info, from the vehicle manufacturer I purchased my vehicle(s) from (see the first line of the notice). I thought it could be one of the "spam" emails I often get, however this morning I read a news item (with 2 different Web news services) confirming it's legit. I'm debating applying, since I purchased at least 3 vehicles that qualify, during the time frame mentioned. I suspect however that once funds are distributed, I'd get "peanuts" so it's likely not worth it. As with any class actions, the legal fees are paid up front, then the expenses of the "nominal named Plaintiffs" and after that, the remaining monies are distributed amongst everyone else.

Reactions: Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.