The problem with the 2024 Corvettes is now resolved and a solution has been found. They have also resolved the problem with all 2024 models and will now move on to 2023's and work there way back to 2020's where the holds still exist on GM vehicles. People have been seeing TPW's this week because as I reported earlier in the week that GM order management had been told a fix was imminent on the Corvettes. That has now happened and Canadian production will be returning to normal over the next few weeks.

The problem with the 2024 Corvettes is now resolved and a solution has been found. They have also resolved the problem with all 2024 models and will now move on to 2023's and work there way back to 2020's where the holds still exist on GM vehicles. People have been seeing TPW's this week because as I reported earlier in the week that GM order management had been told a fix was imminent on the Corvettes. That has now happened and Canadian production will be returning to normal over the next few weeks.
You’re awesome Scott! Thank you, for your knowledge , insight and for being such a great Corvette ambassador! We all appreciate the updates that you’ve been able to provide 👍🙏

You’re awesome Scott! Thank you, for your knowledge , insight and for being such a great Corvette ambassador! We all appreciate the updates that you’ve been able to provide 👍🙏
Dan, now you know before your dealer knows so go easy on them when you call! Your car's situation has been on my mind particularly and being dragged on so long, I have been burning up the phone lines trying to get you the latest intel on this crappy situation for yourself and so many other members on here. Over the next few days the dealers will start to receive the solutions via computer for each VIN # impacted by the hold, so when your car arrives the ECU will bill be updated during the PDI and you'll be good to go.

Dan, now you know before your dealer knows so go easy on them when you call! Your car's situation has been on my mind particularly and being dragged on so long, I have been burning up the phone lines trying to get you the latest intel on this crappy situation for yourself and so many other members on here. Over the next few days the dealers will start to receive the solutions via computer for each VIN # impacted by the hold, so when your car arrives the ECU will bill be updated during the PDI and you'll be good to go.
Will do, sincere thanks again 👍

Will the software BCM drl fix for MY24 C8 also be available for new "unsold" & "sold" MY23's that are being held by dealers? Or will GM require some amount of weeks to begin at the top again and eventually work thru the recalled brands until they reach our financed and/or paid for 2023's that can not be picked up. Thank you

Reactions: Rocket Rob
49 welcome to the forum and where are you from? I had mentioned in a prior response, that the focus was on finding solutions for all 2024 products first.
The 2024's are now off of hold as a solution has been found and software is being sent to the dealers over the weekend. As of today there is not a solution for 2023 back to 2020 model year Corvettes and other models. However, each day cars are coming down off of the hold list as solutions are being found.
Last time I did a Canada wide search for unsold new 2023's I only found 5 of them and 1 was purchased by a member. Used is a different story. They will require more time to find a solution for the 2023's and back. Have you just bought a used 2023 and been unable to take delivery due to the do not deliver hold that GM has had on most models? If a dealer is unable to deliver a car, then your not required to pay for it until it is available to be picked up.

Reactions: vinny's vette
Awesome news Mr. Corvette your information keeps me smiling!
I am hoping that my 24 ERAY would be coming to my dealer fairly soon. It has been sitting in the lot since end of January. I was talking to WN yesterday and they are expecting 17 2024 Corvettes so the issue is now how they get the PDI's done quickly and in what order as there are many people waiting for their cars. Good luck to all my friends that are waiting for their cars.

Mr corvette, in fairly new here. Can you enlighten me about how you get such good intel? Are you a dealer, GM exec, prophet? And thank you for the info. Been waiting for my 2024 to be released.
I could tell you but then I would have to mission impossible you! lol. :bsmile: Actually I'm the Canadian Corvette Concierge in disguise with 42 years of Corvette experience behind me. I've already fielded questions today about what Rick Conti meant in his last video and next week, I expect he will release the information about the 2024 build out date that I released to you guys already this week. We Canadians don't get the respect we deserve when it comes to getting information on our cars but I know where to get it. It's really unfortunate that the powers that be at GM Canada don't put any emphasis or priority on Corvette or all of the owners out there and that is where I try my best to get you the answers you deserve and that they won't give you or the dealers information about.

Mr. Corvette I appreciate your welcome. So I am waiting to take delivery of a new MY23 HTC that sits in the dealers showroom. During the week of 02/12 I had discussions with the AB dealer about the purchase of a new 2023 2LT HTC they had on their site. On 02/16 I signed a Purchase Agreement with them and paid in full our agreed purchase price +GST. NO Bill of Sale or NIVIS and never a mention to me about the Transport Canada recall 2024-060 that came out 02/01 and was later released by GM Authority 02/08. The first the dealer mentioned anything about the recall in general was 02/22, not even then in our call was it mentioned that I was now allowed to pick up the car, this disclosure came the following week. Over the weekend I began my own due diligence into what was going on, so on the following Monday I was able to ask better questions of the dealer. So I must be one of those 5 cars you mention. Can't say I am happy about this, especially when a $1000 deposit would have held the vehicle until the GM fix was found & released. I have no choice but to accept that the dealer did not hold back disclosure of the recall (that had been out for 15 days) before they accepted my full payment. They say that they became aware of the recall on 02/22. I only hope that given it took 6 weeks to trickle down to the MY24 C8's that the release for MY23's will be equal or less additional time waiting before I can access my car. It is my hope that the difference between the fix specifically for MY24 C8 and MY23 C8 (and older) will be minimal and I won't be looking for your valued updates as they relate to the "do not deliver" on my new 2023. It is my understanding which may be incorrect that the dealer can not register this sale until the GM recall has been resolved.

Mr. Corvette I appreciate your welcome. So I am waiting to take delivery of a new MY23 HTC that sits in the dealers showroom. During the week of 02/12 I had discussions with the AB dealer about the purchase of a new 2023 2LT HTC they had on their site. On 02/16 I signed a Purchase Agreement with them and paid in full our agreed purchase price +GST. NO Bill of Sale or NIVIS and never a mention to me about the Transport Canada recall 2024-060 that came out 02/01 and was later released by GM Authority 02/08. The first the dealer mentioned anything about the recall in general was 02/22, not even then in our call was it mentioned that I was now allowed to pick up the car, this disclosure came the following week. Over the weekend I began my own due diligence into what was going on, so on the following Monday I was able to ask better questions of the dealer. So I must be one of those 5 cars you mention. Can't say I am happy about this, especially when a $1000 deposit would have held the vehicle until the GM fix was found & released. I have no choice but to accept that the dealer did not hold back disclosure of the recall (that had been out for 15 days) before they accepted my full payment. They say that they became aware of the recall on 02/22. I only hope that given it took 6 weeks to trickle down to the MY24 C8's that the release for MY23's will be equal or less additional time waiting before I can access my car. It is my hope that the difference between the fix specifically for MY24 C8 and MY23 C8 (and older) will be minimal and I won't be looking for your valued updates as they relate to the "do not deliver" on my new 2023. It is my understanding which may be incorrect that the dealer can not register this sale until the GM recall has been resolved.
One of the 5 cars that I remember being available was a red mist HTC that was Z51 but missing mag ride and or front lift if I recall correctly as it's been a couple of months since I reviewed the 2023's that were available at the time. There was also a white one in Regina at the time.
The way the system works is that your dealer can now report your car as sold and it is removed from the system as a sitting unsold stock unit. What that does for the dealer is that the next time the computer is searching for which dealer has inventory and who doesn't along with who has earned an allocation, they will be given another allocation which as you know have been extremely valuable the past few years. If your dealer had some cars being built in January, then I believe they would have known that Corvettes were on hold down at the plant. As you said a couple of weeks later the recall was announced and your dealer should have known by then.
Lately dealers are paying 6.5% interest on Corvettes they are carrying, so the secretary treasure of the dealership would be very relieved that you paid in full. I'm not going to say anything else about this other than to say I believe they knew. On a positive note, you saved over 12K by getting a brand new 2023 rather than a similar 2024. If you had been able to take your car home, it would probably be sitting in your garage for another month or so and my sources are telling me the fix for your and my car (even though my lights are working perfectly) will be available before you would be driving your car if it were in your garage now.
I hope that makes you feel a little better.

Thanks Scott, I will certainly be watching for your recall progress updates over the coming weeks as they relate to our 2023 C8's and MY23. It disappoints me to think the program for the 24 C8's is that different than the other model years but unfortunately it appears that they are not the same. In the meantime, I will do my best to think of other things besides wanting to get my vehicle off the showroom floor away from others and into my garage! As you say Spring has not quite arrived yet either.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott, I will certainly be watching for your recall progress updates over the coming weeks as they relate to our 2023 C8's and MY23. It disappoints me to think the program for the 24 C8's is that different than the other model years but unfortunately it appears that they are not the same. In the meantime, I will do my best to think of other things besides wanting to get my vehicle off the showroom floor away from others and into my garage! As you say Spring has not quite arrived yet either.
You didn't mention if I picked the correct car for you out of the ones I saw available but your options now are, ask them to rope it off like they do at the National Corvette Museum for owners taking delivery, move it into the back shop away from showroom traffic, or agree to have it sent out for paint correction to remove all of the scratches and imperfections that always seem to arise from sports cars sitting on showroom floors.

I received my allowance on January 25 and since then no news, I really hope to have received my corvette by the beginning of June, is this possible according to you? delivery to quebec
When did you last talk to your dealer? Are you still at 3000?

I received my allowance on January 25 and since then no news, I really hope to have received my corvette by the beginning of June, is this possible according to you? delivery to quebec
Did you mean allocation or did they just say sure we will order one for you? You can look at the attached to see where your dealer is relative to allocations . Perhaps depending on your circumstances be better off trying a higher volume dealer if in fact you don’t have a definite allocation already. Just a thought.