My Car actually finished production today...I cant believe I am actually going to get the car. GM ask me to check back Friday on shipping...my tpw last Friday was set for Sept 29th...checked today and its built???

I guess my luck with this order has finally turned. Going to be a long couple of weeks while it ships up here...but not compared to the 11months I have waited so far...no PDR:nono:

congrats :)

I checked with GM chat, and now mine has moved back to Sep 29 from Oct 20th.. but I have a PDR, so it may get held up in QC for a while until they implement the new patch to make it compliant. I think I am just going to stop checking and just wait for my dealer to call me to tell me the car is here :D

congrats :)

I checked with GM chat, and now mine has moved back to Sep 29 from Oct 20th.. but I have a PDR, so it may get held up in QC for a while until they implement the new patch to make it compliant. I think I am just going to stop checking and just wait for my dealer to call me to tell me the car is here :D

:agree:

We have a winner!!!!! It will not get here one second quicker because you are checking on it every day, and it will actually seem to take much longer...

We have a winner!!!!! It will not get here one second quicker because you are checking on it every day, and it will actually seem to take much longer...

You are bang on my friend...checking only makes it worse but as a customer i do need an update every once and a while. If GM Canada would come out of the dark ages and create a customer portal for us to check status without human interaction, like our friends to the south it would make life a little easier..Once your car is in production it is important to know when it ships ect to plan a ballpark for delivery. I still don't even have an up to date 2015 bill of sale.

i actually have been informing my dealer of the status at this point.

and to my original point I checked again this morning to see if it had shipped based on them saying it was produced and got this update.

"I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately you were misinformed yesterday. The vehicle has not yet been built. The locked in target build week is September 29, 2014.Frankly human error was the cause of the misinformation provided yesterday."

Winter is coming!

You are bang on my friend...checking only makes it worse but as a customer i do need an update every once and a while. If GM Canada would come out of the dark ages and create a customer portal for us to check status without human interaction, like our friends to the south it would make life a little easier..Once your car is in production it is important to know when it ships ect to plan a ballpark for delivery. I still don't even have an up to date 2015 bill of sale.

i actually have been informing my dealer of the status at this point.

and to my original point I checked again this morning to see if it had shipped based on them saying it was produced and got this update.

"I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately you were misinformed yesterday. The vehicle has not yet been built. The locked in target build week is September 29, 2014.Frankly human error was the cause of the misinformation provided yesterday."

Winter is coming!

I don't disagree that some way to check online would be nice, although honestly, your dealership/salesperson should be keeping an eye and informing you.

Assuming that everything going as it should and there are no issues, then you should have it before the end of Nov.

I hope the weather is decent for you to drive it back home. and plz post pics when you get it.

Best of luck!

I ordered my 2015 in March and got delivered 2nd week of Sept. I didn't bother calling because I knew it would be at least 6 months post order for delivery. It doesn't go any faster. Occupy your time with something constructive. The time will pass at the same rate regardless:)

HI All,
I Ordered my 2015 TR Z51 2Lt coupe the last week of August with delivery at the beginning of May/15.With the last couple of winters we have had here in Edmonton I knew I wouldn't be able to drive it before then, although we have had great driving weather here in October. There are about 20 or so allocations ahead of me so the wait is on!

Dealer/Purchase experience in SK

I got my 2015 early Oct., Put on 2000k The first weekend.

Hi there, I am currently saving for my first Corvette. I am interested in getting either a Torch Red/Velocity Yellow 2015 Z06. From reading this forum the process seems quite arduous, but I'm not too concerned as it is going to take me about a year to get a sufficient down payment.

I was wondering, who you purchased your Corvette from here in Saskatchewan, how you would rate the buying experience, and any pointers with respect to the purchase. I am up in Meadow Lake, so I'm almost certainly going to have to look to a major city. Also, I have U.S. citizenship and an address in the U.S., so I'm wondering if that is a better way to go.

Thoughts? Thanx.

Welcome to the site! Plain and simple... If you haven't ordered yet in Canada, your best option is to make use of that US address you have my friend. The hiccup of course is exchange, but... keeping that US plate on it in Canada would mean there would be no warranty complications I'de think.

There are waiting lists in hopes of a further late allocation right now, however, no word on whether this will occur. I don't believe the size of these lists can be accomodated by any allocation in any case but who knows...

RE: Purchase of 2015 Z06

Hi AllFlash,

Thanx for the reply. Yeah, I am pondering the whole U.S. vs. Canada purchase issue. With respect to the exchange, well, since my intention is to register it in Montana, (that's where I have an address) where there is no sales tax, the difference between exchange and tax reduction ("evasion" depending on your perspective) pretty much cancels the two out. In addition to no sales tax there is no equivalent of GST, so that's the 10% right there.

One question I had is with respect to MSRP. My understanding is that the MSRP for the Z06 in Canada is supposed to be about $86,000.00 for the base model (no aero or Z07 package etc.). And the MSRP in the States is about $78,000.00. I'm a fairly experienced car purchaser, and have been known to negotiate a deal or two, but given the availability of this vehicle, my feeling is that the dealership is holding the cards in this situation. That is, the demand far outweighs the supply, so I shouldn't even think about a sales price below MSRP. That being said, are people in Canada actually paying the $86,000.00 or are the dealerships taking advantage of their "fortunate" position, and charging in excess of the MSRP? I have seen the prices for the non-Z06 Stingray and the Z51 on Auto Trader, and I am shocked to see what people are asking for these cars used!!! Some of them are coming close to the MSRP of the Z06 new, which makes me wonder whether or not the MSRP on the Z06 is actually being adhered to in Canada. If it isn't, then purchasing my Z06 in the states begins to make a lot more sense, since the MSRP down there plus the exchange is about $86,000.00.

As far as I can tell, there is a waiting period for the warranty on a U.S. vehicle to kick in up in Canada. It's 12,000 km or 6 months. I'm not sure what the implications of having a U.S. license plate/insurance on the car would have. I will check with my local Chevy dealership in advance to cover off this issue.

As I said in my previous post, It's going to take me a good year to get my funds together (just got my Subaru WRX STi paid for :D), so my next question is whether or not the Z06 will be more readily available in Canada as time passes, or if there is a set allocation for Canada each year (i.e. 28 cars) and therefore demand will always outweigh supply, and the cars will always be more expensive to purchase up here regardless of how long I wait? Hmmmmm......thoughts??? Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
In Canada, people are paying MSRP and it seems that many may be above MSRP because of the lack of availability. If I were in your situation, I would check my US options very carefully as the smart buyer has been able to get a Z06 with some discounts there already. Depending on when you are buying, it wouldn't hurt to find a US dealer and explain your sit, asking what he can do for you... Think?

I also could be wrong but...if you have that address and US plate, I think warranties can still be done here without that 12K mile exclusion. Perhaps if one of the more experienced can jump in to help with this question???

In Canada, people are paying MSRP and it seems that many may be above MSRP because of the lack of availability. If I were in your situation, I would check my US options very carefully as the smart buyer has been able to get a Z06 with some discounts there already. Depending on when you are buying, it wouldn't hurt to find a US dealer and explain your sit, asking what he can do for you... Think?

I also could be wrong but...if you have that address and US plate, I think warranties can still be done here without that 12K mile exclusion. Perhaps if one of the more experienced can jump in to help with this question???

If you buy the car in Montana, and intend on leaving it registered there, while driving it up here, you have no warranty issue, but you likely will have an insurance issue eventually. There is a limit to how long you can leave an out of province car before you have to register/insurance it in your province of residence. I can tell you from personal experience that if you drive an out of province car for an extended period outside of its province of registration, your insurance can give you a hard time if you have a problem. Also, it might make visits from the RCMP while you are on the road in SK a bit more frequent, as they will obviously remember the Montana Z06 better than the SK Civic... ;-)

RE: Purchase of 2015 Z06

Very true with respect to the insurance/RCMP harassment issue, with a few exceptions. I've got some info that might be helpful to others. (since I've done this with my Ducati 999, Toyota FJ, Honda s2000 etc.)

Firstly, I insure with State Farm, and have confirmed that there is no issue regarding the length of time the vehicle is out of the country, as long as I am paying my insurance premiums they don't care. I know this, because for a while I was working as a commercial airline pilot based out of Montana, and living in Saskatchewan. I took advantage of the cheaper insurance and cheaper purchase price (back then especially due to the strong Canadian dollar), and purchased the vehicles I mentioned above in California and Texas, then registered them in Montana.

Now, with respect to the RCMP aspect, you are absolutely correct. You have 30 days (technically) to convert your plates to your province of residence. There are two issues here. Firstly, residence is a very loose term. That is, my residence is where I say it is, provided I have a physical address in the U.S. If I say my residence is in Montana, and produce my Montana driver's license (which I have) and my U.S. passport (which isn't really necessary but supports my argument) there isn't a whole lot the RCMP can do. Yes, they can issue me a ticket, but I wouldn't have a whole lot of trouble beating that allegation in Court upon supplying my supporting documents. (I'm a Criminal Defence Attorney now, so that helps). Quite honestly, I have driven vehicles up here in Canada for years and never had a problem with the plates being either California or Montana. The RCMP doesn't seem to care a whole lot, but I think that may have a lot to do with the jurisdiction. In Saskatchewan, if you are doing 120 km/hr you're liable to be passed by the RCMP who is doing more like 130 km/hr with no lights/sirens etc. :D

But there is another option. What you can do, if you aren't as fortunate as I am with the whole U.S. citizenship/residence thing, is to form a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) in Montana, and then have your vehicle registered under your corporation's name. Believe it or not, this is a very common means of avoiding state sales tax used by people who live in the states. In fact, you don't need to be a U.S. citizen to do this, and it costs about $1,500.00 If you are interested, just for sh#ts and giggles, google Deer Creek Corporate Services in Montana and you can check this out. Then, when the RCMP pull you over, etc., you simply state "the vehicle is not mine, it's registered to my corporation in the U.S.". There is no obligation for you to change the plates over, because the corporation, which as we know is a "person" under the law, resides in the United States. I haven't actually had to do this, since it isn't necessary for me, but it might be some food for thought for those of you considering avoiding the reach of Canada Revenue (GST) and your provincial sales tax, as well as avoiding the payment of inflated prices that always seem to be a punishment for living in Canada. As if the winter isn't enough eh? :canada:

Thanx for the info BTW regarding the payment of MSRP+ by Canadian purchasers. You've confirmed exactly what I suspected. The laws of supply and demand are always at play...... fair enough.

Last edited:

Very true with respect to the insurance/RCMP harassment issue, with a few exceptions. I've got some info that might be helpful to others. (since I've done this with my Ducati 999, Toyota FJ, Honda s2000 etc.)

Firstly, I insure with State Farm, and have confirmed that there is no issue regarding the length of time the vehicle is out of the country, as long as I am paying my insurance premiums they don't care. I know this, because for a while I was working as a commercial airline pilot based out of Montana, and living in Saskatchewan. I took advantage of the cheaper insurance and cheaper purchase price (back then especially due to the strong Canadian dollar), and purchased the vehicles I mentioned above in California and Texas, then registered them in Montana.

Now, with respect to the RCMP aspect, you are absolutely correct. You have 30 days (technically) to convert your plates to your province of residence. There are two issues here. Firstly, residence is a very loose term. That is, my residence is where I say it is, provided I have a physical address in the U.S. If I say my residence is in Montana, and produce my Montana driver's license (which I have) and my U.S. passport (which isn't really necessary but supports my argument) there isn't a whole lot the RCMP can do. Yes, they can issue me a ticket, but I wouldn't have a whole lot of trouble beating that allegation in Court upon supplying my supporting documents. (I'm a Criminal Defence Attorney now, so that helps). Quite honestly, I have driven vehicles up here in Canada for years and never had a problem with the plates being either California or Montana. The RCMP doesn't seem to care a whole lot, but I think that may have a lot to do with the jurisdiction. In Saskatchewan, if you are doing 120 km/hr you're liable to be passed by the RCMP who is doing more like 130 km/hr with no lights/sirens etc. :D

But there is another option. What you can do, if you aren't as fortunate as I am with the whole U.S. citizenship/residence thing, is to form a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) in Montana, and then have your vehicle registered under your corporation's name. Believe it or not, this is a very common means of avoiding state sales tax used by people who live in the states. In fact, you don't need to be a U.S. citizen to do this, and it costs about $1,500.00 If you are interested, just for sh#ts and giggles, google Deer Creek Corporate Services in Montana and you can check this out. Then, when the RCMP pull you over, etc., you simply state "the vehicle is not mine, it's registered to my corporation in the U.S.". There is no obligation for you to change the plates over, because the corporation, which as we know is a "person" under the law, resides in the United States. I haven't actually had to do this, since it isn't necessary for me, but it might be some food for thought for those of you considering avoiding the reach of Canada Revenue (GST) and your provincial sales tax, as well as avoiding the payment of inflated prices that always seem to be a punishment for living in Canada. As if the winter isn't enough eh? :canada:

Thanx for the info BTW regarding the payment of MSRP+ by Canadian purchasers. You've confirmed exactly what I suspected. The laws of supply and demand are always at play...... fair enough.

You are from Montana, and complaining about Canadian winters????? :rofl: In my experience, Montana is simply Saskatchewan with hills and without hockey... And a bit smaller mosquitoes...

Purchase of 2015 Z06

Actually, I'm not "from" Montana (I worked there), I grew up in Vancouver and California. My reference was more to the options down south such as CA, TX, AZ, FL etc..... When you live in Canada, Vancouver is about as warm as you are going to get. My parents complain to me daily about -2C overnight and the 5C during the day. :rofl:

I just got off the phone with one of the sales staff at City Motors in Great Falls, MT. He is going to get back to me regarding getting in on the second production run. He indicated that they are allocated one Z06 per production run, and my understanding was that the car has already been spoken for. So I might want to put my name in the hat for the second one. He confirmed MSRP to be $78,000.00 - $100,000.00 depending on the options.

Purchase of 2015 Z06

Well, if I had $10,000.00 US in my pocket the dealer in Billings has a black Z06 about to roll off the line. It isn't spoken for. My understanding is that the U.S. dealerships don't get nearly as many of these cars as I thought they did. This dealer had only two allocated, and other than that they are waiting for the 2016 allocation. So, if its any consolation to those wanting one of these monsters in Canada, the U.S. customers don't have access to an unlimited supply. I thought they would be rolling off the line like cheeseburgers.......I guess not :confused:

Actually they are but you need to rely on the big names like Hendrick, Kerbeck and whatnot who have many sitting on their lot as we speak. The ship throughout the US I believe...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.