Thanks Murray for starting this thread and letting me put my " 2 cents " on every 58 you posted. I enjoyed it very much. There are still alot out there should you ever find another to add to the list here. I'm as old as the Corvette, but never owned one till I was 61, the 58 Chev I first sat in one when I was 9 and I still have that car. I will perhaps finish off with one I built in the mid 1980's , took me 3 winters to do it from a $100 car pulled out of a slough to a full custom never been beat in a Car Show and it was recognized by The Guiness Book of Records for winning first place in a " Only Convertible Car Show " first of it's kind in North America held in Lloydminster 1988. The first place prize was given by The Imperial Palace Las Vegas 3 day trip. Some of you may remember the 10th floor Car Exhibit the hotel owner had up there, thus the interest in the prize he gave. I still have the car, honest truth I never drove it once after I built it except on off the trailer in / out of Car Shows , kinda sad but it has its own story why. Pics are scans of old 110 and
35mm so not the greatest but that is all I have of it as it hasn't been outside in years.

Kinda old school custom : 348 high perf motor dad brought back from Vegas out of a 59 ElCamino in the trunk of his 72 Cadillac, cast iron powerglide , 3:36 posi , consul & T bar shifter 64 Impala SS , ps, pb , p. bucket seat 66 Impala , dual tunneled aerials one is power , autronic eye, traffic light viewer , litter bag , shaved door handles, shaved trunk lid , first had a underdash tv then replaced with a 45 rpm record player, 54 Buick exh ports tunneled in lower rear quarter, drivers outside door lock is from a 59 Pontiac wagon tailgate electric window so turn right or left opens either door, 53 chev grill widened and added bullets , 6 '59 Cadillac tail lights in the 58 Impala bezels , original continental kit off my parts car ( very rare ) , 62 pontiac spindles and drums giving a wider front stance , tripower carbs I modded from ordinary 2GC's , I ground the valves and seats in the heads and built the engine, lots of chroming including the inner front fender wells, rad support etc etc . , mom sewed the seat covers and I did the rest of the interior and trunk , I installed the top , Cragar SS 14x7 wheels , the list is long of what I did , this just gives an idea of some of what is there.

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

14.jpeg

15.jpeg

17.jpeg

9.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

8.jpeg

6.jpeg

5.jpeg

4.jpeg
IM009499.JPG

IM009498.JPG

Last edited:
58 at the 2018 Sema show in Vegas. I've never seen or even heard of art work done like this.

This was one of the undisputed stars of the show, and it came all the way from Japan, where there’s a cult following for big 1950s American cars. Takahiko Izawa of Rohan Art Design took a 1958 Impala, sprayed primer on it five millimetres thick, and then took six months to hand-carve every inch of that coating with intricate designs before covering it all with chrome-style paint. There’s no metal etching on it anywhere, not even on the bumpers. This is nothing but a lot of paint and even more patience.

1958-chevrolet-4.jpg

...more awesome pics . The 58 backend sticking out of the garage looks to be one serious street or drag racer. That's not a stock rear end under there and look at the size of those tires, and it has a trailer hitch to boot ! And Joe Kool sitting on the roof of a shiney new Impala, can't see if he has a pack of smokes tucked under his sleeve ? Early 60's in a OK dealer Lot , looks like a 57 Vette sitting there. The happy owner of the blue Impala hardtop....I'd say maybe the door was repainted as it don't quite match the car. Great shot of the silver blue convertible in Hawaii , one piece rear bumper so was put together in California, looks like someone broke off the aerial on front fender.....ouch. 4 guys putting on a bumper ? I always did that myself, no wonder GM is shutting down plants ! that's a V8 car they didn't put the lid on the oil bath air cleaner yet and I see a rare underhood insulation pad installed. Ron's stunning 58 Bonneville, I love the wheels and Lake Pipes . The Rio Red convertible looks new. Not sure what the high class lady with the matching luggage and truck upholstery all mean ? The convertible by the pool you can hardly tell the water color from the cars reflection , only the well to do could afford something like that .
Great pictures from a great era.

these 2 58 Impala's were auctioned off in Saskatoon here Dec 6 at Ritchie Bros Auction. Both are 348 tripower cars. The no fender skirt car sold for 52,000 , the other sold for 57,000 , plus the selling commission and taxes they are over $ 60 K cars . Not bad for a auction here at this time of year at a farm machiney sale, I thought maybe get 1/2 of that if lucky. No idea where they went to as Ritchie has bidders from all over the world online.

58 Ritchie's  Dec 6 2018  52K.jpg

58 Ritchie's 2  Dec 6 2018  52K.jpg

58 Ritchie's 3  Dec 6 2018  52K.jpg