I been drewling over this Delivery for a few years hoping mine turns out as nice . Mine will have a few changes but Orange as well.

3740250479_b765b6f3de_z.jpg

3eae0980ba6818f41d6e6dcac09e1ed8.jpg

58 delivery orange 3.jpg

GCCSTL7230-18.jpg

58 Delivery  nomad bars3 .jpg

Another tastefully done riding on air as seen high and low in the pics. Impala / BelAir side trim without the ribbed aluminum insert between the door and rear quarter stainless. Modified 58 Nomad roof trim and tail gate bars. One piece front and 3 piece rear bumpers. 59 Cadillac tail lights with blue dots. Shaved hood emblems, door handles and locks. I can't make out the special made script but looks like El Nomado just like the plate. Cool car / truck , I think GM would of sold alot of them if they had built them in 58.

the three 'squares' indicate playing cards depicting twos, or 'deuces'. The reference would be to the three 2-barrel carburetors on the 348 V-8 engine. Triple Deuces. It's kinda neat. I get it. I'm not sure if I like it, but I get it.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Another neat pic of a 58 Delray 2 door post. To its left is a 56 Olds, and directly behind the 58 is a 59 Chev. I like how they shed some weight on the 58 by removing the heavy park light bezels from the grill and the dual headlights

well you made me think on this last one, but here's my shot at it. It's a 58 chev 4 door wagon with flush mounted door handles, you can just make out the rear door line. Obviously all moldings are gone and clip holes filled. The headlight bezel are molded into the fender and reshaped just under the eyebrow leaving a gap. The front has been totally reshaped. I was stumped for awhile looking at the grill center. The big round bullets are like what Cadillac / Buick used in mid 50's but I'd say 55 Buick bullets with modded bar extension. Now that center piece. No car had that center that I ever seen untill it hit me, it a 58 chev center from a 3 piece bumper that he flipped another one over and welded the 2 together and chromed, then just added the narrow bars to fill the hole........very original thinking I must say. Now that roof , kinda hard to see it all but it looks like from a Olds Vista Cruiser as can just see part of the raised section in back. The windshield with pillars and roof panel I'd guess are Olds and appears chopped abit too. Rolling on chrome reverse with baby moons.

Yes you are right , the Brookwood wagon is stock. Has options V8 , full hub caps with spinners , radio, and a roof drip rail molding which I really wish I had one as they are hard to find. Only thing I see missing is the ribbed aluminum insert between the moldings on the doors and front fender. Nice one color too.

Reactions: nascar03
Like the stance, like the colour...

View attachment 21037
Very sharp in black and dark red interior. Near a stock looking body with exception of hood emblems removed, top fender ornaments gone and the ribbed aluminum insert between the side moldings removed as well. He blacked out the grill and left the horizonal strips showing, same thing I did to my 58 Impala. Nice wheels but abit too big my opinion, 14 or 15's would look better. How can you not just look and stare at this classic body design , gorgeous Impala. Fill 'er up with Texaco premium !

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Yeah that's the same car. Think I was right in guessing it had a raised Olds Vista Cruiser roof but modified as only the front part has the glass see through and sides are filled. The 58 tail gate and lift gate are used. Tail lights have been filled in. The rear bumper is totally gone and customized molded in panel which I am guessing are 59 Bonneville tail lights. He may of added the reverse lens into the red lens as 59 Bonny did not have reverse lights like this. Unless there is something else out there that had lights like that ????? Alot of work went into building that wagon.

I think I reached the end of the internet, this is the last picture I have. Really want to thank Michael, this has been an education in 58 Chevrolets and customizing. We are fortunate to have someone so knowledgeable on this site. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

82.jpg