I was wondering if anyone has researched a smaller rim with a taller sidewall tire to rid oneself of the run flats. Or even a taller sidewall run flat if that is possible.

Edit: by Murray20C8. No linking to other Corvette forums, but I found the picture. Looks different for sure.

MRR wheels...18’s in front and 19’s in back

1679934542465.png

Last edited by a moderator:
along with white walls and wood side paneling. Keepin’ it real !!!

Your son just sent me a message...

"Hi Jack. I hope my dad doesn't get his car until August. It would be embarrassing to show up to my graduation in his C8 with white walls and wood panelling..."

Your son just sent me a message...

"Hi Jack. I hope my dad doesn't get his car until August. It would be embarrassing to show up to my graduation in his C8 with white walls and wood panelling..."
The comment of white walls and wood paneling was for you, to match your love/desire for smaller rims/tires, and you know what they say about that (small same size something something)....you still have a room for me at your place right ?

And if you must know, the C8 is just for maybe a photo op here and there for the grad, kid has a date, am working on a limo for him and his crew, dad will likely do chauffeur duty (if no limo) in the cool family truck (dropped on coilovers running on 22's if you must know). With the grad being the same weekend as Grand Prix, once the ceremony is done, and we leave them to their dance, the wife and I head off downtown (it's also our wedding anniversary weekend, got married on GP weekend) to cruise with all of the exotics on the main strip (quite the sight to see, the rarest of exotics show up from all over the US and Canada, even the 1 of 1's). Besides, there is already a video shoot planned with the car for that weekend too (post mods) but I cannot reveal anything just yet.

@Jack Raccoon! be careful with the comeback, you know that those potential GP tickets are still in play here !!

I was wondering if anyone has researched a smaller rim with a taller sidewall tire to rid oneself of the run flats. Or even a taller sidewall run flat if that is possible.
Eighteen inch rims off a c7 will fit Murray

Attachments

• 7EBFD198-9E27-4EB8-B098-0D4EE51142EF.jpeg
    7EBFD198-9E27-4EB8-B098-0D4EE51142EF.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 14
Eighteen inch rims off a c7 will fit Murray
I would double check that. My research tells me the C7 and C8 rims are not interchangeable. The C7 has a bolt circle of 120.7mm (4.75 inches). The C8 is purely metric, with a bolt circle of 120mm. Feel free to correct me if I might be wrongly advised on this.

Reactions: Murray20c8
And if you must know, the C8 is just for maybe a photo op here and there for the grad, kid has a date, am working on a limo for him and his crew, dad will likely do chauffeur duty (if no limo) in the cool family truck (dropped on coilovers running on 22's if you must know). With the grad being the same weekend as Grand Prix, once the ceremony is done, and we leave them to their dance, the wife and I head off downtown (it's also our wedding anniversary weekend, got married on GP weekend) to cruise with all of the exotics on the main strip (quite the sight to see, the rarest of exotics show up from all over the US and Canada, even the 1 of 1's). Besides, there is already a video shoot planned with the car for that weekend too (post mods) but I cannot reveal anything just yet.

@Jack Raccoon! be careful with the comeback, you know that those potential GP tickets are still in play here !!

Did someone say tickets?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.