Feb 25, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
24’ C8 Corvette 2LT
Province
BC
Hi,

Wondering what everyone’s experience is with running extended splash guards are with PPF or without and if they notice any issues with rocks hitting panel in front of rear tires.

I have read about you need to have rockers etc. I would prefer to just go with PPF and XL guards.. I unfortunately don’t know anyone else with a c8 to go and view if it actually is a real problem. I will do the XL guards for sure but on the fence if I need to use rockers.

I have the GM dealer installed splash guards. Had the dealership install ACS 1VM rockers. Expensive but factory like fit and exact match to the carbon flash wheels, rear views, spoiler, etc. Have had Zero issues with tires throwing grit etc down the side panels. 2 seasons of use. No PPF or ceramic. Just wax a couple of times each year.
Each to their own.

Reactions: MKC8 and C8PITT
I have the extended splash guards and PPF on the rockers and lower doors. Also had my ACS Z06 rockers covered in film, too. For $200, it’s a no brainer getting the guards. They look good too and give the car a little wider stance.

Attachments

• IMG_8018.jpeg
    IMG_8018.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 0
I've got the larger splash guards on mine, along with the PPF and rocker panels.
Everything is Carbon Flash (I know, it's not everyones choice) so it all blends in together.
I have no idea if the guards will help or not.
I do know that if I did not have them, then found a bunch of chips in the paint, I'd feel pretty silly.

Side.jpg

I have the GM dealer installed splash guards. Had the dealership install ACS 1VM rockers. Expensive but factory like fit and exact match to the carbon flash wheels, rear views, spoiler, etc. Have had Zero issues with tires throwing grit etc down the side panels. 2 seasons of use. No PPF or ceramic. Just wax a couple of times each year.
Each to their own.
Thank you for this. I checked out your uploaded photos and the car looks sharp with the 1vm rockers.

I have the extended splash guards and PPF on the rockers and lower doors. Also had my ACS Z06 rockers covered in film, too. For $200, it’s a no brainer getting the guards. They look good too and give the car a little wider stance.
I appreciate your input on this thanks! Your car looks awesome.
I have over 43,000kms on two C8's through full winters with no PPF or extended splash guards and I have never gotten a single paint chip on the rockers.
This is also great to know. I’m doing the splash guards for sure. If I only go splash guards I’ll opt for the $500 ACS to get the lower coverage and probably get the PPF done on the lower panels.

Users who are viewing this thread