Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Just curious, with some of us approaching a call likely sometime in March or April, could someone remind me when the switchover takes place ?? I don't know why I have mid March in my head, where orders for perhaps the '22 stopped at the beginning of the month and then some 2 weeks later they were taking orders for '23 by the end of the same month. At the time I did think that March seemed a bit early for a MY switchover, hence why I have March in my head, but some have said May, so not sure anymore.

My reason to ask is simple, love the Riptide Blue and would consider passing on allocations to wait for the MY24 to get it, so long as I do not have to step aside for 3+ months to wait. Hence why I am hoping it's end March for MY24 and not May.

Thanks

I'm told that the MY ends in July for Corvette's normally and starts in August. Covid/strike/late start for the C8 screwed a lot of things up. I believe they are trying to get back to that, so I'd expect you might see it start then, but it could be the same as last year and it would start in May

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I have this unreasonable dislike for 70th anniversary 2023 C8s, so I hope the switch over happens soon so more colourful C8s can be made.
I would have liked to get one in the new pearl white paint, but it forces you into a 70th along with a long list of other goodies for $7,000. Screw that.

Reactions: DenisC8
I would have liked to get one in the new pearl white paint, but it forces you into a 70th along with a long list of other goodies for $7,000. Screw that.
It is a stunningly beautiful color and one of my current favorites. Perfect match for the elegance of the C8. So in my humble opinion the premium you spend on the 70th package is worth it. And let's not mention how gorgeous the interior is. It just screams and oozes high end luxury.

It is a stunningly beautiful color and one of my current favorites. Perfect match for the elegance of the C8. So in my humble opinion the premium you spend on the 70th package is worth it. And let's not mention how gorgeous the interior is. It just screams and oozes high end luxury.
Part of the extravagant package is 2 leather suitcases, optionally listed for $1875, ($2119 ON tax in). What percentage of owners would actually use them?

I'm told that the MY ends in July for Corvette's normally and starts in August. Covid/strike/late start for the C8 screwed a lot of things up. I believe they are trying to get back to that, so I'd expect you might see it start then, but it could be the same as last year and it would start in May
I know you said grab whatever allocation they give you after waiting 2 years, but man, I know how this is going to play out. Rather than get a call in March, I am going to be called in April and likely May (because allocations for the next 2 months will be piss poor). So if May, that means the MY24 is around the corner in June or July, and MY24 carries the 3 new colors, one of which I like a lot. If I order in May, I miss having the car for Grand Prix weekend (and my son's HS grad), but at least I would have it for the summer (July ?), but if I pass and wait for MY24, then maybe order in July and get it in Sept, leaving me with maybe 2 months of cruising prior to storage (yes I would store it by end Oct, maybe mid Nov).

Decisions, Decisions. Which is why I started this thread to get a feel of things, and hope that maybe March could be a repeat, that was once done previously, but seems highly unlikely.

I know you said grab whatever allocation they give you after waiting 2 years, but man, I know how this is going to play out. Rather than get a call in March, I am going to be called in April and likely May (because allocations for the next 2 months will be piss poor). So if May, that means the MY24 is around the corner in June or July, and MY24 carries the 3 new colors, one of which I like a lot. If I order in May, I miss having the car for Grand Prix weekend (and my son's HS grad), but at least I would have it for the summer (July ?), but if I pass and wait for MY24, then maybe order in July and get it in Sept, leaving me with maybe 2 months of cruising prior to storage (yes I would store it by end Oct, maybe mid Nov).

Decisions, Decisions. Which is why I started this thread to get a feel of things, and hope that maybe March could be a repeat, that was once done previously, but seems highly unlikely.
your dealer will know if allocation you are offered is 2023 or 2024. Last year if I remember correctly, March allocations were the last of 2022 and April allocation were all 2023. But keep in mind that many others on the list may want a 2024 also so many may skip the last allocation of 2023 and you would end up in a new line up for the 1st few allocations of 2024.

Reactions: Neils
your dealer will know if allocation you are offered is 2023 or 2024. Last year if I remember correctly, March allocations were the last of 2022 and April allocation were all 2023. But keep in mind that many others on the list may want a 2024 also so many may skip the last allocation of 2023 and you would end up in a new line up for the 1st few allocations of 2024.
Forgot who replied with the comment that March was likely an anomaly, and that the switchover will "likely" happen later in June-July-Aug timeframe. So that is where I am hoping the dealer will have some sort of info on that by the time my call comes in. If call comes in May, they will likely know, right now they do not (already asked). Time will tell. If allocation comes in May and only MY23 is possible, like you said, many will just pass and wait (like me) if and only if the switchover (and allocations offered) for a MY24 happen 1-2 months later.

Forgot who replied with the comment that March was likely an anomaly, and that the switchover will "likely" happen later in June-July-Aug timeframe. So that is where I am hoping the dealer will have some sort of info on that by the time my call comes in. If call comes in May, they will likely know, right now they do not (already asked). Time will tell. If allocation comes in May and only MY23 is possible, like you said, many will just pass and wait (like me) if and only if the switchover (and allocations offered) for a MY24 happen 1-2 months later.
Rockitman said it here. I believe they are trying to get back to that. End of June, end of MY. July 5th start of MY

well if it is October there goes my hope to step aside when the call comes to wait a month or two in order to get one of the newer MY24 colors. October is just way too long to wait !!
As I said, build out dates can change at any time, I don't know what you plan to order, but with all the constraints, if you can't order what you want dealerships will keep you at the top of the list until what you want becomes available. That should buy you the time to order your riptide blue with the self closing frunk.

Reactions: Neils
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.