OK, has been decided that Spence will be our feet on the ground for this. Money will be in good hands with him. He will make a call as to what Garry needs (maybe an item or cash) when he visits. Hope everyone who's kindly donated is ok with this arrangement. A card with all of our names will be crafted in addition to go with the gift/cash.

Thank you @SN-III Spence for this.

UPDATE:
Garry was released yesterday and made it back into his own home one night following (tonight).
Remaining exhausted however he is HOME. :thumbs:
Second to this news is that my intention during a trip to YEG has been diverted
for now ... I have sent a message to Garry's fiancé in order to initiate the task-at-hand.
For now please know funds remain safe kept with Nik.
Spence

UPDATE:
The operation was as Garry mentioned prior - to set his sight on extending his outlook following a failing clinical trial.
So we each can develop an opinion on what an unexpected early release from the Hospital delivers toward the task.
For even being a realist, it's definitely a test of the optimist and the not-so-optimist within us.
Today, I have an update that Garry remains weak ... however ... he is at HOME (oh yes I've said that before ... and it's huge).
He has motivation to get himself to his office chair and to his computer (and CCF) ... in good time though Garry.
I have delivered every best wish from us and have just now mentioned about our gift. He is overwhelmed with our gesture.
It has been left with him to think about how it can best suit him and he can let us know.
This may be considered a blessing as Garry might be able to think about some other things.

This comes with tremendous appreciation of Jacquelyn (Garry's fiance) for her time to reply to my messages.

- - - - - - To Every Member on this Forum - - - - - -
... this card on behalf of all of us has been mailed to Garry today ...
It will be with him in his own Home and in time for this Christmas Season too
036FAB14-D075-4F11-AD9D-700A05A977A2.jpeg 49A18D75-9473-4BA3-B07B-B75D9F5AC65D.jpeg

Great card Spence and thanks so much for being there for Garry and passing along the updates from Garry and his family. This way he isn't being barraged with so many calling him. Please let us know when Garry can take visitors. I'm planning on heading up his way in the new year with work so being so close would like to stop in.

Reactions: YFCvii
Good morning my dear friends.

Home for six days now, only fallen three times and no injuries. Wow I had to take breaks when reading the thread postings I've missed, the tears were just endless.

So what can I tell you?

Go for 3 days and end up spending 39 I think. No shower during that time either.

Jeff's visit was a real mental break for me - they can't come better than that. Sorry I was not communicative more. I spent most of the time sleeping (never longer than a 2 hour stretch 24 hours a day).

Staff were excellent, exceptional really.

The start was scary for me, 5 doctors and so many tests had to be done and to be positive for the surgery to go ahead. All ended up going my way. I honestly think I had maybe 3 weeks to live before my body was overwhelmed.

The pain was worse than anything they could have prepared me for. At a scale I could never have imagined.

I could not have survived this without mom and my gf. The mental game was much harder.

So trying to learn to type with one hand, slower to make fewer mistakes.

You guys! The collection was so thoughtful! In conjunction with my gf I am going to look at advancing to a smart phone! It doesn't mean mean you'll be hearing from me more often but it will be a start.

As my hand is fading fast I have to go, so with great love to you all for your support,

Garry

PS I have my yellow coat but have not tried it on yet.........

:Wideyed: G A R R Y
:Woohoo:
My Morning-Start has just become AWESOME.
Hello to "Mom" & "gf" too.
Really appreciate your time to type this morning.
Thrilled with your update and being able to now
hand your thread back to you.
Be selfish and continue resting if/when you can ... all in good time.
Please have yourself an excellent day :joyful:
and @Jeffer2013 ... a truly Marvelous one you are :thumbs:.
Thank You
Spence :Seeya:

hmmm "gf" ? habit or maybe two letters are
easier to type than six ... "fiance" ...
a huge personal congrats to you both my friend :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Good to see you back Garry, been a rough ride but we all know you are a tough farm boy and will adjust to the road ahead. Good the jacket made it there . Get some rest . Don't worry about the farm, grain ain't moving now anyway, elevators are plugged and they ain't taking any.

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.