Yep. No "fake news" here! Not a Chinese plot either.

Truth be told on my trip to Quebec City in August my uncle does this and gave me a treatment. May not have helped but within reason I am pretty open these days to most options.

We're a lot more complex than we think and old or odd treatments can have roots in success while not in science. Science can't explain everything yet these days.

I sure hope I sleep easy tonight. I think and hope I've earned it. I think my family has earned a bit of reprieve and a little hope too!

Cheers,

Garry

A fairly good sleep. I don't know what lies ahead for outcomes but getting the treatment is positive. Tumors get a week off from anything then we attack again. Hopefully they don't take too much advantage.

So didn't change the dressing last night and it seemed OK this morning, nothing caked up or anything like that. Skin horribly dry as usual but I get to continue with the Aquaphor (like vaseline) and it pretty well takes care of that.

The next week is not going to go fast enough for this kid!

I looked at your link in the PM as well Paul, I have considered this and am continuing to gather information.

Cheers,

Garry

Reactions: YFCvii
So I put the Dakota in storage for the winter.

Arrived home and they are starting to do my driveway! Easier snow removal and Z06 egress and entrance!

My right nose is losing blood. Slightly painful, possibly a sinus tumor?? A bit too close to what remains of my brain for my liking. Odd it could have grown like that since the Sept 5th scan I'd think. I'll enquire on Thursday when I start treatment. Maybe it will take care of those tumors as well if it is one?

Cheers,

Garry

So I put the Dakota in storage for the winter.

Arrived home and they are starting to do my driveway! Easier snow removal and Z06 egress and entrance!

My right nose is losing blood. Slightly painful, possibly a sinus tumor?? A bit too close to what remains of my brain for my liking. Odd it could have grown like that since the Sept 5th scan I'd think. I'll enquire on Thursday when I start treatment. Maybe it will take care of those tumors as well if it is one?

Cheers,

Garry
Wishing the days go better for you as you patiently wait (sorry pun) ...
Hang in there Garry, Thursday with the Doctor will come,
put on a checklist to not forget to take your checklist
of everything for your "Complete Fall & Winterizing Package" :thumbs:

(and saying this only to help smile as some things are difficult to otherwise control)

Last edited:
Garry have you ever had issues with nose bleeds when the air get dryer?

Now wouldn't that have been sweet but no. My nose runs for sure when it gets colder out and the humidity falls in the fall but just clear mucus, no blood.

It may be much ado about nothing but as it is a first for me and also given my situation it is unnerving. And I'd rather wait to see someone who is skilled in tumors rather than a GP who will probably just take a sample of some kind and have to send it out anyway.

Cheers,

Garry

• Agree
Cool! May I live long enough to try it!
It is a really long shot in that it may take several years to actually get approved.
I was reticent about mentioning it because of that.
I just want to get to see that yellow "velocity" Vette.
Personal opinion is that "velocity" IS a better yellow than "racing"
Still quite happy with mine though.
Doubt anyone that owns a Vette is unhappy - at least with the car

I don't think I'll make it then. Either this treatment cures me or the endgame begins but I can't see it lasting years necessary for this to get registered.

And I doubt that anyone with a yellow Corvette could ever be unhappy!

Wow, leaving tomorrow for Edmonton. Not sure if I even get the drug on Thursday or Friday. I think it is Friday and Thursday is just beginning photos and lab work. But their scedule abbreviations are so hard to understand.

I'd love to bring the car to Quebec City - way too many Mustangs for my taste when I was there in August!

Cheers,

Garry

I'll try to do this in a nutshell so it doesn't take as long to read.

I didn't get into the needle group but I'm not too worried about that. Much less testing during the trial for example. Plus it may only add a few extra % to the chance of success.

The key for them (and me) was getting me the drug IPI. This drug is registered in Canada for cancer treatment but the provincial Ministers of Health apparently all got together years ago and decided that they would not fund it - $40,000 a treatment. Quebec backed out 6 months later so patients there get it. Anyway, outside of going to the US and paying out of pocket this was a way for me to get it - apply and be accepted into this clinical trial.

So a new set of photos, the nurse who was with me said she'd never seen an arm like mine. Not the exclusivity that I want in my life!

The treatment was fine, 90 minutes. Then they held me for an hour to see if there were any side effects. There are a raft of them and they are militant about watching for them so I can appreciate that in the end.

Wow the week during which there was no imiquimod these tumors just freaked out and grew!

That is my one fear, if this treatment doesn't work then the tumors get free rein on my arm for three months. I just can't imagine the hell that is going to result in.

The pain was it's worst on Wednesday and Thursday night. Thankfully I'm well stocked with meds so I was able to beat it down but until it kicked in it was not much fun.

I did discuss the amputation after the trial if it doesn't work. My lead doctor understands and while he is not the surgeon he said he would advocate for me. So good if that is lined up. He warned me that with an amputation so close to the shoulder there can be some side effects - it no healing etc. but nothing I'm too worried about.

God it even snowed 5 or 6 cm on Friday in Edmonton! Thankfully none at home here so with luck we'll try some combining soon.

So there you have it!

Now we wait for three weeks until the next treatment and I hope and pray....................

Short posting for me!

Cheers,

Garry

Reactions: Riley P
Man Garry. You are a trooper buddy. And that is a great thing. Too many people roll over and give up. You keep right on hoping and praying my friend as we are, right there with you. :thumbs:

Snowed 4 inches here this morning. Not much cereal left to come in but lots of canola. It will be fine until it gets warm and starts germinating in the swaths...lol.... Luckily mine is all combined.

Eric

You're done combining?! Lucky! We might start in a day or two.

My plan is to keep going forward - with life or into the ground. No slowing down here. Plans maybe to return to Quebec City at Easter and Switzerland and Slovenia in August.

Happy otherwise though but that could be my pain meds too.

More snow? Please keep it there!!

Cheers,

Garry

OMG.
Your are a "Force" like none other Garry.
Praying for tremendous betterment
as you get through each day.
Spence

Last edited:
Garry; you are the Man!
Your determination is truly an inspiration.
We here are pulling for you to not be forced into an automatic transmission scenario or velcro shoe fasteners.
All the best to you.
D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.