Garry. Along with everyone here, I'm wishing you the best for a good trip down, a good meet with some of your CCF supporters, surgery success for both you and your Corvette, and a speedy recovery. We will be wishing you well throughout, both here and in our prayers. :thumbs:

I am very grateful for meeting an awesome Person today
@VelocityYellowRules!
who happens to own a Corvette - we know both are in YYC for TLC
517B7A37-6658-437F-8E3E-D56D2AEA922F.jpeg
and who has strengthened me to proclaim ...
that for a few days beginning with tomorrow (April 24), they will not be selfish ...

my thoughts and prayers are with you Garry
... and for that plate

... it was also great to see @Jeffer2013 @Jeremiad @RockyPM ...​

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn’t make it yesterday Garry but if all goes well,I’ll be in like Flynn for Thursday’s visit. Looking forward to meeting you then. I love the license plate.

Reactions: YFCvii
HELLO from GARRY to EVERYONE.
After visiting Davenport this morning to take a photo of a Yellow Corvette, continued on toward the Foothills Hospital.
Garry is in Great Spirit. He mentions that he has endured his procedure well and looks forward to being discharged.
Although Garry is wanting it sooner, it appears this may happen on Saturday, April 28th.
Sadly by not being permitted to have his laptop in his room is reason that keeps him from being able to reach out to us.
With a smile, Garry extends a tremendous HELLO with Thanks for everyone's support.

I'll leave the procedure details for Garry's next message to us ...
and focus on whether we can just bust him out - as I noticed he already has his runners on :thumbs:

Last edited:
Go Garry go. Michelle and I send you our best thoughts and wishes. Oh hell you’re in our prayers. Damn politically correct world.

Spence I’m not surprised to see you sticking with Garry as he goes through this. Getting to know You and Freda, it became clear you 2 are the definition of good and decent people.

Life is much more than Corvettes... but these cars do make it quite a bit nicer.

Giving me a bit too much credit Derek.
If a nurse shows up with a needle ...
I am like Snagglepuss
snagglepuss_by_bennythebeast-d4nomxk.jpg
Seriously though an hour and a half visit went by too quickly.
Asked how he was keeping, Corvettes, Our Careers, Corvettes, Our Teenage Kids, Corvettes ...
... you know ... the normal chit chat between everything else we talked about

Last edited:
Good on ya Spence. Kudos to you, Jeff, the group that met with Garry, and the great posting support from members. A testimonial to the compassion and friendship of the CCF family as well. Yes Garry. You are in all our thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery man.

Reactions: ddgermann
... appears we have a CCF contingent of three to visit today :thumbs: and we will definitely pass a smartphone to Garry for him to check out everyone's words as he does has a flip-phone during his stay/recovery that works for his immediate needs ...

Reactions: ddgermann
Garry is big smiles again today. Tremendous strength this fella has. News came that he gets kicked out of the Hospital in 18 hours. Garry's Mom greeted Mike (grey CCF shirt) and myself (Black shirt) and insisted photos were taken right away. Jordan caught up with us arriving about 15mins later. Once Jordan arrived we all got busy into our 2 hour "Corvette Meeting" as Garry's Mom got ready to catch her taxi to where she is staying.
News is that discharge should be first thing in the morning and Garry and his Mom plan to head back home to Fairview right away. Plan B will be to head out on Sunday if discharge gets delayed into the day ... of which Garry wants nothing of. We parted company today with plenty of discussion to meet up again soon with Corvettes and with as many on CCF included :thumbs:
Cheers Garry and to your Mom too ! The best to you our good friend and safe travels for your Mom and yourself this weekend.
jhsdfhsdf.jpg
image1abc.jpeg.jpg
Garry's Corvette will remain in Calgary ... which most likely creates a cruising opportunity when it is ready for Garry to pick up

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.