when you go to Calgary you go right past my place, stop in for a pee

maybe I can be your pilot cat to Calgary let me know Jeff can email the location of my place if you wish

I may do that. At the rate things are melting at it could work out that I do drive the car myself to Calgary. I can't think of a better way to keep my mind off of why I'm going down.

Reactions: YFCvii
7959CC66-5A16-4D2C-9E4F-D50C1739BE84.png
A Corvette convoy on the way in or way out would be the best medicine for this guy!!
We’ll need some big time heat here Garry. Next week is looking a little better but those dreaded snowflake icons are still showing up.

Well, from what the doctor told me I'm still 2 to 3 weeks away at the earliest from being on the table so maybe we can hit some unseasonably warm weather to balance the past few weeks of unseasonably cold weather? Here's hoping! I did see +15 in the forecast for 5 days from now so that would be a huge help. Just checked the forecast and +5 today!!!! I may have to break out the shorts for that!

I had a visit from a friend yesterday that I went to college with and who also farms about an hour south of me and he thinks we won't be turning a wheel in the field until May 15th, two weeks later than normal. BUT if surgery was at the beginning of May that would just work out grand!

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
The optimist weather forecast suggests the warmer weather will arrive and snow will melt and January will come to a close. It's just gotta happen for you in May ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley P
+15 Garry!?! That would be awesome!!!! I would love that. The warmest forecast we see here for the next two weeks is +7. However, I think the only good thing about the slow rise in temperature is that there is a lot of snow still on the ground around here and if it got warm too quickly, there could be a lot of flooding, so a slow rise is ok with me. However (x2), I am actually getting a bit nervous that I won't be able to get my car out of storage in time for Ponoka if it doesn't warm up! :Wtf:

Flooding is certainly a concern this time of year as there isno doubt once it turns warm, there is going to be a lot of water. And unless the cities have been out steaming the shallow storm sewers and catch basin leads, they are still froze solid.... Gonna be a lake at every low catch point in the road..... hopefully it stays out of peoples basements....

Flooding is certainly a concern this time of year as there isno doubt once it turns warm, there is going to be a lot of water. And unless the cities have been out steaming the shallow storm sewers and catch basin leads, they are still froze solid.... Gonna be a lake at every low catch point in the road..... hopefully it stays out of peoples basements....
His “purpleness”,Nenshi was on the radio a couple of weeks ago asking citizens if they would chip ice at various catch basins around their neighbor hoods !! A few letters to the editor weren’t so nice stating “The City” have a roads maintenance dept who are supposed to be doing that.

Wow it is indeed +5 out! Not Z06 weather but if I was really stir crazy I could see taking the Mustang out for a drive.

Further news, possible surgery date range is 4 to 6 weeks after my appointment last Monday so the first two weeks of May sometime? I actually feel pretty good if I can eliminate the last two weeks of May - I really would not want to wait that long!

NEWS!

So I went for what I hope will be my final PEMBRO treatment in Grande Prairie. Since they have the ability to talk to the right people in Calgary they said they would call and advocate for me re when the surgery will be.

I had been thinking that the tentative date range was May 1st to 15th.

So while I was hooked up to the IV line the nurse I had seen before treatment comes up to me - APRIL 24TH!

I have to be there the day before to get my arm weighed so they know how much chemo to give me but the surgery will be the 24th. I have to stay at the Tom Baker for the 3 to 4 days after that and up to a week "in the area".

But just when I was questioning my ability to hold my mental game together they are doing me a week earlier than I ever would have considered!!!!!!

Now for good roads and weather to be able to take the Z06 with me to drop off with Steve and company!!!!!!!!

I almost regret that I don't drink anymore as I think I could tie one on over this news.

I mean I know this is not a cure for an outcome but the treatment has had good outcomes for others and the sooner I go under the less I have to worry about it spreading which was becoming an issue for me.

Celebration times guys!

Cheers,

Garry

:thumbs: Good news Garry. Since you don't drink, I will make the sacrifice and have a bourbon for you... hope you like bourbon.... ;).
That's great news to get in that early. We will all hope for good weather to get that yellow beast down to Calgary...

Seriousy Garry. As always, we are rooting for you all the way on this ride my friend. :Cheers2:

Reactions: ddgermann
Bourbon, brandy, whisky, whatever you'd want to raise in a glass works for me!

One of those odd moments in my life when the day after I'm feeling as good as the previous day. Could be fresh pain meds and something for sleeping. I decided to not let pride stand in the way of sleeping better and with less pain and talked with the doctor and she was good.

Still no details yet, just that surgery is on the 24th. I need to be there on the 23rd so they can weigh my arm to find out the chemo dosage. But when I know the where and when of the operation I'll get them up so you can all come by to kick me through recovery!! Burnouts out my room window also considered suitable post-op medication..................

10 days to go to start this!

Cheers,

Garry

4 inches of snow last night.................otherwise I think I might have taken the car out for a drive. Yesterday the roads were bare enough to do so. So close!

Nice part of surgery date is that with the spring being so late and surgery being so early I'm going to have zero stress thinking that surgery is preventing me from seeding.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.