Shall we have a July 14, 2018 national CCF meet in Winnipeg?

• I'm from the USA and coming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from the USA and not coming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am already eager for spring to add a couple more little gadgets to my Z and get back out on the cruise with as many CCF guys/gals as possible. :Woohoo:

This left me thinking...
I wonder about a long weekend "meet in the middle" event where we travel from the West and East to meet up in some small town Eastern Saskatchewan or Western Manitoba. This would be a haul for the East coast guys but the location of the meet is all negotiable. It really would be awesome to get the members we all know on here together in one place for a day or 2. Kind of a national cruise/mixer sometime in the summer of 2018. I can see groups collecting along the way and 2 big groups converging on some little town that will have a nice economic boost for a couple days.
Please chime in with your thoughts on this guys..

This cruise looks like it could be a great trip. At this time we are unable to commit to it. I will know at a closer date. Thanks for arranging this as it would be fun. Great job Derek.:canada::Party:

Hi Wayne here in Winnipeg and happy to announce I have the Corvette Club of Manitoba on board for this event. As a club member I strongly suggested we need to step up here. So the current plan is to host a Friday night get together at the hotel. If all goes well we'll host an autocross event in the parking lot next door on the Saturday. Crossing fingers that the lot will be available. As well as hosting a wind up BBQ Saturday evening if we can find a member willing to host such an event. I will work with Derek to pull plans together. Stay tuned..................................

Very nice work Derek! I'm looking forward to this quite a bit and will see if I can pull some strings to bring some guys out from the Saskatoon and Regina Corvette club.

Hi Riley I have already been in contact with the Regina club...and other Corvette clubs in Western Canada as I was a part of the Quad C conference call this past Saturday. The Regina Corvette Club is hosting the 2018 Quad C Convention the long weekend in September. That is an event to take in for sure. The gang in Regina put on a great event weekend and are amazing hosts when doing so.

This will definitely be on my list of things to look forward to next year. An awesome suggestion Derek.
I cross my fingers that it might be a chance to meet & chat with anyone in Ontario who may have plans for Bowling Green in 2019.
I heard there may be contingents going and, although it's still two Summers away, I don't hear much chatter as of yet in Alberta.
Looking forward to see how this "2018 CCF East-West Caravan" matures ... :thumbs:
I may be in the minority (with a kid going back to school in September) by suggesting the middle-to-late August
however maybe the majority normally wrap-up Summer Stuff around then ... before the Sept Long Weekend.

The Corvette Club of Manitoba is planning a Bowling Green trip in 2019

Well gang as you read Wayne and the Corvette Club of Manitoba are onboard. Which is awesome :thumbs:
So we are preparing to book a block of rooms.
Wayne will post the details soon.
Please yell out if you want in on the rooms. I know some of you are going to likely invade relatives and friends and may not want a room.

So at this point we are looking at a dinner, autocross, BBQ Saturday and possibly a show and shine.
All around the hotel so very convenient.

Stay tuned for more details as things get locked up.

Again thanks to Wayne and his pals over at the Corvette Club of Manitoba.

Well gang as you read Wayne and the Corvette Club of Manitoba are onboard. Which is awesome :thumbs:
Please yell out if you want in on the rooms. I know some of you are going to likely invade relatives and friends and may not want a room.

So at this point we are looking at a dinner, autocross, BBQ Saturday and possibly a show and shine.

All good stuff.... Again.... Kudos and thanks to all involved in organizing this. When will the plans be confirmed Derek. If there is a Friday night get together and a Saturday autocross, show and shine and BBQ, Brenda and I will likely be looking at two nights accommodations. Which Hotel are you booking? (Sorry if there was a post to that already)... And obviously a cancellation policy will be a necessity for commitments this far in advance.

Eric

That's awesome. I'm very impressed you got so much participation this early on. Once you have some concrete info let me know and I'll flip it into an event with an RSVP list, maps and all sorts of electronic gizmos.

Eric I’m just getting back from Asia today and will be chatting with Wayne about the event in the next day or so.
Yes 2 nights in the hotel looks like the norm for this.

Well that posted far too soon. Sitting in YVR trying to reply on a POS iPhone.

More later bro.

well if U R truely back I might have to get U a Christmas present since U probably do not get many. ; )

Jeffy. might need your girls address as she can give it to you and get some brownie points in the process

Not sure you would ever re- gift it though.

Reactions: ddgermann
Looking forward to this, plus its time to fly the drone again.
DJI_0108.JPG

Hope to get some great pics with a group like that. Also some videos are in the plans.:canada:
Can't stop thinking what this would look like with, maybe 50+ cars

Users who are viewing this thread