Shall we have a July 14, 2018 national CCF meet in Winnipeg?

• I'm from the USA and coming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from the USA and not coming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It was with a heavy heart that I voted not to join from the east. Life has given me a bit of a curve ball and I have to face the reality that a road trip of this nature is probably impossible for Wendy and I.

Derek, so much effort has gone into this already and I can only hope that it is successful and thank you for your efforts. There are so many people from the east and west that I truly want to meet, this would have been a great opportunity to do that.

Huge Thumbs Up for the efforts of so many to make this work.:thumbs:

Last edited:
It was with a heavy heart that I voted not to join from the east. Life has given me a bit of a curve ball and I have to face the reality that a road trip of this nature is probably impossible for Wendy and I.

Derek, so much effort has gone into this already and I can only hope that it is successful and thank you for your efforts. There are so many people from the east and west that I truly want to me, this would have been a great opportunity to do that.

July is a long ways away my friend. :Topicclosed:

Your message definitely tugs on my heart as my genetics include being topped to the rim with empathy :Shy:.

It is my hope that with our "small steps", as in day cruises;
will come "large strides", as with this chance to meet-in-the-middle;
that will become "giant leaps", for us ...
towards those limited to joining in with "small steps".
:canada:
ccf:ssn-iii​

Last edited:
Myself, I would definitely be in as I have family in Manitoba and the wife is from there... Just another day at Skinners with the Manitoba Corvette Club for me. They were an amazing group of people hosting the first time. I am used to the long drives though... absolutely love them in fact but for most from Ontario and further East, it is a true hump especially without the comforts of the C7.

I would probably head up to the event and then follow the crew back to Edmonton after that to see my boys.... Who knows... I might even knock another road off the bucket list and hit the Sea to Sky Highway in BC before turning around. Banff would also be a must in the Vette.

IMG_2943.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

Last edited:

Derek, so much effort has gone into this already and I can only hope that it is successful and thank you for your efforts. There are so many people from the east and west that I truly want to meet, this would have been a great opportunity to do that.

Murray I thought of sending you a PM but we have nothing to hide here.
As you are a very active and positive contributor to these forums your presence at this event was one of the inspirations behind the idea.
That being said, of course I, like the rest of us completely understand the reasoning of your current challenge taking precedence over this meet.
It’s clear that you have a ‘can do’ attitude and it will serve you well getting through this.

Your ears should be ringing as your name will come into many conversations in Winnipeg.

All the best.

Derek.

I have to figure out what I am doing for my girlfriend in Florida 50th Birthday a week or so after...... so probably not.... for me.... but maybe if I win the lottery and get that cool trailer I posted from Florida maybe I could do it and continue south to Florida after for the GF BDay :)

Think the Winnipeg Corvette Club likes to autocross..... been a while since I did that.

B

Reactions: ddgermann
Seems like a great idea and one day I would be able to attend, however with no car to make the trip I feel like it is a pointless effort on my part. Doubt anyone would be to entertained by a pontiac vibe! With enough time (i am talking years here) I would be in, but not for 2018.

T

Missed the caravan a few years ago to Bowling Green. I organized a round trip from Calgary to Vegas approx 4 years ago and had a blast. If you have never experienced a long cruise with a large group of vettes then this could be your first one.
I am a member of the Corvettes Unlimited in Calgary and will encourage others to come.

Users who are viewing this thread