Shall we have a July 14, 2018 national CCF meet in Winnipeg?

• I'm from the USA and coming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from the USA and not coming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello im newer on this website.. I am not a member of the Corvette Club of Manitoba yet but i have been to a couple of their events.( newer vette owner) They are a bunch of good guys and do a lot of events together. If this is a plan that may happen u should reach out to them. If u go to there website u can see they r always doing something almost weekly all summer long . great idea and i am about 30 miles from center of canada.
thanks Andy

no problem rick u sleep outside your wife inside.. send pic first lol got 15 acres but 10 u will need a 4 wheel drive vette or tractor to negotiate
Oh yaaaaa ... time to derail this for a moment ... on the topic of "send pic first lol" .... :Snaphappy:
How about a "New User" section introduction with a pic or ten of yours ? o_O

Reactions: ddgermann
Great idea Derek! Jo and I will be in for this too. Just need to nail down dates. Once locations for stop overs are being finalized we should look at what is going on the those towns. A Corvette arsenal rolling in during a special event might make some towns day!

Guys I have been working on the date based on the comments above and have reached out to a venue for a meet. Based on that I will propose a date. Just waiting to hear back. If that pans out then I will look at accommodation nearby.... this is a process but in the next week we should be able to to firm things up. :thumbs:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
An update: I reached out to Wayne from the Manitoba Corvette Club. (Good guy).
He is happy to discuss a good venue for a meet up and corvette friendly hotels. They have a big club and likely many will join us. We have some members here from the area who will be adding some advice on these things too.
I’m proposing the weekend of July 7th or 14th.

Let’s start talking and if there is enough interest I will go after hotel deals and book a place for the Corvettes to park for a big meet and greet (hopefully walking distance to a bar ;))

The actual center of the country is 12 Km away but that place never replied to my mail and is possibly not done construction yet.

Derek.

Reactions: turbozig
You're on a roll Derek! Joanne and I will be in for this adventure! Will we need a stopover somewhere in Eastern Saskatchewan to rest up and split drive into 2 days?

We will have to get those vinyl windows decals showing mountains for Brian. Hahaha!

Brenda and I would be up for this as well. :thumbs:...

I agree with Paul. I have no interest in 14 hour driving days and will be breaking it into minimum two days each way as well. Here's hoping this generates some interest from the Ontario and east guys and girls too. There is a healthy population of CCF members down there... The Lake Louise run Paul and Brian organized in June almost doubled it's number of attendees during the last two weeks before the run so you could likely expect some late comers to your party as well..

Again....Kudos for a great idea and running with it Derek.... Muchas gracias amigo

Guys I want to recognize Andy (61ratvette) for his help in this. He is a new member who made a great introduction of himself and his awesome 61. I know many of us are eager to see this car (from 15’) and meet Andy.
Also Wayne from the Manitoba Corvette Club; who Andy knows personally is offering his advice and support for this event.
Andy and Wayne are working for us in the background and I appreciate this tremendously.
I believe I’m the worst planner in the history of mankind but I will continue to work at this.

Thanks for the support gang.
D

Reactions: turbozig and YFCvii
Guys I want to recognize Andy (61ratvette) for his help in this. He is a new member who made a great introduction of himself and his awesome 61. I know many of us are eager to see this car (from 15’) and meet Andy.
Also Wayne from the Manitoba Corvette Club; who Andy knows personally is offering his advice and support for this event.
Andy and Wayne are working for us in the background and I appreciate this tremendously.
I believe I’m the worst planner in the history of mankind but I will continue to work at this.

D
Derek, I do believe the consensus will be that, along with the two you are mentioning, you are the man who is putting the CCF effort in ... :thumbs:
and the rest of us are in the other line to take all the credit :angelic:

D

Derek, it looks like you are doing a great job so far. Keep up the great work, and count me in on the cruise next year, sounds like fun!

Gang I've added a poll to the tread as this proposed national CCF meet is now at the point of investing peoples time and making venue commitments. I've reached out to some local guys in Winnipeg and they are ready to help out with the arrangements. So before the meet site, hotel, banquet, t-shirts etc...are pursued we better gauge the actual commitment of our members for this.

I will proceed or not, with the planning based on the results of the poll. It will be active for 10 days.

Thanks,

Derek

I want to commit but I can't right now until I find out what my work schedule will be and I won't have an idea about that until later when we are on the other side of car storage season. I really wish I could be more certain.

I want to commit but I can't right now until I find out what my work schedule will be and I won't have an idea about that until later when we are on the other side of car storage season. I really wish I could be more certain.

I think any commitment this early is certainly subject to a lot of things for anyone Fred. There is no confirmed date yet either. But in my case, a yes vote does indicate that if at all possible, I will be there.

Gang I've added a poll to the tread as this proposed national CCF meet is now at the point of investing peoples time and making venue commitments. I've reached out to some local guys in Winnipeg and they are ready to help out with the arrangements. So before the meet site, hotel, banquet, t-shirts etc...are pursued we better gauge the actual commitment of our members for this.

I will proceed or not, with the planning based on the results of the poll. It will be active for 10 days.

Thanks,

Derek

I am Putting the date of July 14th on the table for this meet. That should have been in the poll. Pardon me for omitting that....

Just to add the local Corvette club is quite excited about this Idea and have indicated they want to plan a special event that hosts CCF. (they are discussing an auto cross and BBQ)

Ok..lets get voting. :thumbs:

Derek

Users who are viewing this thread