We left the group to go to see Lake Louise . she loved it and Moraine Lake

Here was us on 1A

Where you see the cars parked there is a black bear to the right

heading west

heading east

View attachment 9094 View attachment 9095

and a few more

Now, when I used the flash and the remote those pictures didn't happen . not sure why.

The individual car ones will take a bit longer... next 1-few days

Brian
I want to be in this picture next year.

I want to be in this picture next year.

Paul and I talked that having radios would be good for everyone..... when a group shot is about to happen we can let everyone know.

and i think the radio's should be for announcements only ( bumps in the road, photo shoot, leaving and so on ) not general chat as that might be too much.

We have never had 20+ cars so more planning and idea's are needed for/with more people.

or the photo shoot first as we arrive then we can go about to explore on our own.

My cable might have come out when I hung the remote control receiver ( and added the flash ).... some of my remote shots did not capture... could not hear the camera from far away

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
Paul and I talked that having radios would be good for everyone..... when a group shot is about to happen we can let everyone know.

and i think the radio's should be for announcements only ( bumps in the road, photo shoot, leaving and so on ) not general chat as that might be too much.

We have never had 20+ cars so more planning and idea's are needed for/with more people.

or the photo shoot first as we arrive then we can go about to explore on our own.

My cable might have come out when I hung the remote control receiver ( and added the flash ).... some of my remote shots did not capture... could not hear the camera from far away

Great feedback for sure. I will be adding another item for resolve with hope to help come up with ideas so the same people don't have the daunting task of solving everything. This allows us to collectively and constructively resolve and fine tune this stuff.
At a part of the last day on this cruise, some cars were not going the same direction as others. Unfortunately this meant that a group that intended to go together got separated. It happened on the Banff segment for myself and two others. Then the three left behind unfortunately got separated. Please know that this is not a complaint but rather something that I would like to help sort out for our next cruise like this.
Overall, we all likely agree that this cruise was darn awesome and a lot of fun and had a few glitches.
Not bad for a bunch of people of which most were meeting one another for the first time at the start line.
For a lack of better explaining it, I am confident that we will all be able to cruise together like a "jet squadron" because being at the back for part of this cruise, it looked just like that (until those farm vehicles joined with us or need passing).

Just a suggestion guys but maybe a PM to Zeeman28a might help. Stan is a master at organizing these cruises and he uses radios to keep in touch with key people. Seems to have a plan on the first car/last car to keep everyone together and he does a really good job of it, even on adventures taking many backroads with lots of turns and changes in directions.

Might be worth asking him some questions and perhaps for his advice. By the sounds of it you guys did a wonderful job for a first time large gathering cruise.:thumbs:

just woke up from a nap ( been a busy past 2 weeks for me ) ....... no pictures messed with tonight.

We planned to have a first and last car with a radio.... because of the seal coating detour it added 15-20 min more and made us get to Rocky Mountain House just 10 min before planned leave time with filling up..... just was short time to get organized more.

It still was very decent........ went decently well.

B

Huge kudos to Paul, Brian, Jeffer, Ken, Heather, Joanne and their crew. Went amazingly well. I've organized these with 'vettes, bikes and jeeps. (different runs different times) and have found that the more regimented these runs are, the less fun they are. Strict schedules, exact turns at exact times forces people to make mistakes, go faster, get frustrated and have problems. I think this was fun and well done. On the last day when majority are going 1 way and many going in several others, the only way to keep everyone together would have been for the largest group to stay in the parking lot and get mustered. What happened was we all tried to leave according to the way we were parked which allowed people going for gas, heading to Jasper, Calgary, Lake Louise all to get intermingled and no one knew who to follow until to late. Plus those of us on the parkway really never knew how many we were waiting or looking for. This was how a few got separated but that predicament is easy to fix for the next cruise. Mikes voice may not have been loud enough so we may have to chip in and get Brian a P.A. system mounted on top of his supercharger. We can make that ZR1 look like the ghostbuster truckster.
Damn paper thin walls in the resort. Probably not many of u know why Brian was so happy the last day!!
Again, WELL DONE!
Looking forward next gathering.

Garth y Pam

Huge kudos to Paul, Brian, Jeffer, Ken, Heather, Joanne and their crew. Went amazingly well. I've organized these with 'vettes, bikes and jeeps. (different runs different times) and have found that the more regimented these runs are, the less fun they are. Strict schedules, exact turns at exact times forces people to make mistakes, go faster, get frustrated and have problems. I think this was fun and well done. On the last day when majority are going 1 way and many going in several others, the only way to keep everyone together would have been for the largest group to stay in the parking lot and get mustered. What happened was we all tried to leave according to the way we were parked which allowed people going for gas, heading to Jasper, Calgary, Lake Louise all to get intermingled and no one knew who to follow until to late. Plus those of us on the parkway really never knew how many we were waiting or looking for. This was how a few got separated but that predicament is easy to fix for the next cruise. Mikes voice may not have been loud enough so we may have to chip in and get Brian a P.A. system mounted on top of his supercharger. We can make that ZR1 look like the ghostbuster truckster.
Damn paper thin walls in the resort. Probably not many of u know why Brian was so happy the last day!!
Again, WELL DONE!
Looking forward next gathering.

Garth y Pam

Awesome feedback which I concur on in that regiment should not be so finely tuned that one must look at the watch on their wrist versus being able to absorb and enjoy the surroundings. With the Hotel Room, nice facility and awesome respect for our parking needs. I guess I was blessed by committing to this cruise late whereas the room availability left me with no choice other than a "condo" which had two levels and his and hers separate bathrooms. It made for a very happy Wife and that makes the upcharge transparent for me! I also thought everything was very well done! We have a tremendous group with experience for a 20+ car run to go forward with and have very little to tweak. It was the parting from the last "major" event of Sunday "the drive-by photo at Morraine Lake" when we all became dogs-on-a-leash and didn't really know who followed who. Anybody really let down by this would hopefully feel better knowing that others have a great deal of care for this not happening on our next Cruise. I can only say that the "we care" comments are endorsements and along with the photos that are posted, it will very likely make for a tremendous demand to join in next year. As I said ... "we might need a bigger mountain for our Group of Corvettes Photo next year".

Frick Garth.......... shhhhh haha. Sorry to wake you for what... 8 seconds....... OH, it was much longer ;)

I am going to make notes of idea's --- damn we had a lot of cars.

Paul and I will probably maybe meet for a beer one day soon when he is in Edm... and talk idea's

Brian

Last edited:
IMG_7313.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7313.JPG
    IMG_7313.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Yes guys and girls. Paul and Brian picked the right days for cruising in the mountains. Brenda and I had some fears as we all know that early June weather can be hit or miss anywhere in the Rockies. I remember a year I had a trout camp set up in the bush about 20 miles south of Abraham Lake in early June and ended up snowed in for an extra three days.... lol...
Sorry everyone got disconnected on the way home... We had to leave early after Moraine to pick up Quinn at the kennel so missed all the confusion I guess... We took the old coach road (1A) back pretty much all the way to Cochrane. That's a great drive for anyone who hasn't been on it. But on that note, Garth is right as well... too regimented would take away from the overall experience... We thought the P & B team did a great job.

Reactions: Brent08
I started thinking that maybe Aug and Sept might be better for these...... as yes spring weather can be iffy, more seal coating happening after the winter break up and mountain snow melt stuff happening.

Fall is mostly dry... Paul has had one the 2nd or 3rd weekend of Sept I think. Roads cleaner

We lucked out this time.

Can change locations..... each year

Sask crossing / Jasper
Canmore / Kananaskis one maybe
Waterton Lakes / Glacier Nat Park one maybe ( if we all can get into the USA )
and the Sask Crossing / Lake Louise again down the road

Banff is a bit too busy but a drive with all the Corvettes down main street would be cool.

Now, when people see me hesitate on taking my Corvette on these..... the test run day after I dropped off Jeff I hit a Porcupine head on with my Ford Escape heading home ( i might have dash cam footage of it - an 18 wheeler was passing me the other way - could not avoid him ) ..... busted my plastic valance and had quills stuck in my underpan belly thing. My front carbon fiber front is a $3000 item...... if I hit that porcupine with the Corvette that would have been an expensive fix.

OH, I still have to do the Morraine Lake indiv car shots..... I had to work today... just slept for 2 hours. Will try get to them.

And some have msg'd me and said they never met everyone...... same..... talked to a bunch but not all.

The next time you will see familiar faces and a few more conversations might happen.... name tags was a good idea.

B

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent08
Waterton is a good distance for an overnighter.. It's about a 4 hour run from Red Deer, not counting stops. And Pincher creek is a less expensive option for accomodations than the park and only a 45 minute run from Waterton.
Yeah...There were some I didn't meet on this trip either... But lots I did meet and hopefully see again soon..:D

Waterton is a good distance for an overnighter.. It's about a 4 hour run from Red Deer, not counting stops. And Pincher creek is a less expensive option for accomodations than the park and only a 45 minute run from Waterton.
Yeah...There were some I didn't meet on this trip either... But lots I did meet and hopefully see again soon..:D

Ya, 5 hours from Edm then......everything mountain wise is "far" from YEG LOL

Kananaskis Trail sounds ( is ) closer.

Even if we rotated a Jasper / Kananaskis / Lake Louise tour that could be one location ever 3 years.... unless we do a fall one this year.

B

Ya, 5 hours from Edm then......everything mountain wise is "far" from YEG LOL

Kananaskis Trail sounds ( is ) closer.

Even if we rotated a Jasper / Kananaskis / Lake Louise tour that could be one location ever 3 years.... unless we do a fall one this year.

B

Kananaskis might be more of a day trip? I'm not sure if there's any place to stay up there anyway... Hey. Jasper isn't that far from YEG.... I've never stayed in Jasper...Don't know a lot about it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.