I have not been on this site and/or replied for a while, but now I can't hold back.
Yes the earth is flat.
Yes all news on the internet is true.
Yes scientists lie to make the companies that make the vaccines rich.
Yes the Covid 19 is only a scare and not really a true threat.
Yes I just got the BS news report that showed in Alberta today over 2000 new cases of covid.
Yes the hospital info on running out of beds and nurses being over worked must be wrong.
Yes if you don't want to get vaccinated, don't. Don't expect others to think this is a smart idea.
Yes, sometimes you can't fix stupid!!!!
Yes you can give your head a shake.
Yes you can have common sense.
Yes common sense is not that common.
Yes you can stick metal objects on you head after two vaccine shots.
Yes you can stick your head in the sand.
Yes I always considered Corvette owners to be a little wiser than others.
Yes you can do your part and stop covid by doing your part.
Yes either get the vaccine or stay home.
WTF guys

Nope never said cured. Said treated/treatment.

Yeah, right. So maybe you could explain how a a "treatment" involving ongoing, long-term medication likely costing TRILLIONS would help us out?
Treatment options that could be prescribed at the early onset of Covid symptoms may mitigate the requirement for hospitalizations/intubations/ventilations, seems to make some sense. Catching any disease mechanism early always improves chances of recovery. Treatment options are also important for those unlucky individuals who happened to be vaccinated and then suffered the misfortune of a “break through” Covid infection.

Treatment options that could be prescribed at the early onset of Covid symptoms may mitigate the requirement for hospitalizations/intubations/ventilations, seems to make some sense. Catching any disease mechanism early always improves chances of recovery. Treatment options are also important for those unlucky individuals who happened to be vaccinated and then suffered the misfortune of a “break through” Covid infection.
Except that an anti-viral for SAR viruses of any flavour doesn't exist, would cost billions and years to attempt development with little chance of success, the only related anti-viral treatment is Tamiflu and it's efficacy is so miserable that the FDA just delisted it. About as useful as echinacea for colds.

As I've said, the history and status quo on anti-viral medications is very very weak. Whereas vaccines for viral infection have existed for decades with good to excellent track records. To wit the current Covid vaccines were developed in record time (the mRNA tech has existed for 20 years, just needed production and scaling issues resolved) and have proved to be very effective. Orders of magnitude better than any viral medication yet developed. AND at a fraction of the cost, around $15 CAD per person for us.

Your original posts seemed a little conspiracy flavoured, you were curious why no treatment, lack of real effort by the medical research community as to why they were ignoring this. They're ignoring it because it's a dead end and everyone in the field knows it.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Latest info as reported by CTV news regarding cost of vaccine.
Except that an anti-viral for SAR viruses of any flavour doesn't exist, would cost billions and years to attempt development with little chance of success, the only related anti-viral treatment is Tamiflu and it's efficacy is so miserable that the FDA just delisted it. About as useful as echinacea for colds.

As I've said, the history and status quo on anti-viral medications is very very weak. Whereas vaccines for viral infection have existed for decades with good to excellent track records. To wit the current Covid vaccines were developed in record time (the mRNA tech has existed for 20 years, just needed production and scaling issues resolved) and have proved to be very effective. Orders of magnitude better than any viral medication yet developed. AND at a fraction of the cost, around $15 CAD per person for us.

Your original posts seemed a little conspiracy flavoured, you were curious why no treatment, lack of real effort by the medical research community as to why they were ignoring this. They're ignoring it because it's a dead end and everyone in the field knows it.
Latest cost of vaccine in Canada as reported by CTV news.

A fairly extensive summary on "Tamiflu" from Wikipedia.
Make your own choices
And all the way at the bottom of the article is this.
"As of 8 April 2020, no evidence supports effectiveness in treating COVID-19.[78]"

One could also read up about COVID on Wikipedia as well

As with any sickness whether it be bacterial or viral, both the infectious agents as well as the treatments are subject to mutation. Blood letting used to be the big thing approx a century ago. As more is learned about the "problem", ways to mitigate and treat the problem change. So what was recommended in September of 2020 (no vaccines back then) has changed to the situation that we have today.
Just like or Vettes, if we don't press on the gas we are not going to go very far. Maybe one reason some of sit in our Vettes during the winter and make funny noises. So the pharmaceutical industry put the pedal to the metal and came up with vaccines to mitigate, not cure, CV-19. Are they making money from this? You bet. That is capitalism. Anyone suggesting more government control - communism?
I am not saying that governments should not have oversight but seems to me they are having problems deciding even which colour of pants to wear lately.

Reactions: 12cents
…and as of August 31/21.

Is Tamiflu an approved medicine by the FDA?​

• Yes, Tamiflu is FDA approved for prophylaxis and treatment of acute, uncomplicated influenza A and B.
  • It is not indicated for prevention or treatment of SARS-CoV-2 infection, but it is currently in clinical trials in conjunction with other treatments, to find out if Tamiflu works to reduce length of illness, complications and the rate of death in COVID-19 patients.

All for the industry making money. Profit drives innovation which creates products which are sold at a profit.

I am also raising leeches as I see that as a growth industry. If some can be convinced to drink their fish tank cleaner I am sure I can market leeches for viral treatment.

I don't see anywhere in any of those links that Tamiflu has been delisted.

Am I missing it?
No, you're not. Apparently late night cheap shiraz is doing nothing for my memory (although it continues to make me better looking). Not the FDA, the WHO who removed it from the list of essential medications. Tamiflu is a joke, approved in large part by data and studies provided for or funded by Roche. Who, you guessed it, makes Tamiflu. It's be come known as the Tamiflu Lesson (google that) over the years: how NOT to approve drugs. It's pretty much scorned in the rest of the world, still used in the USofA because the FDA is loathe to admit mistakes.

Don't tell anyone, but after my second shot, you know the one with the chip, I've noticed my corvette is running way better.
Gas mileage is up, its noticeably faster and I'm even shifting gears better!
Makes sense to me. If nothing else this should be reason enough for the nay-sayers here to get the shots.... :Biggrin:

1632185606977.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.