Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Well, after months of the vaccine being available to all that want it, the pace of vaccinations seems to have stalled. I don’t think we are going to convince many more people to get the shot, as they have made up their minds and dug in their heels. I don’t agree with it, but I understand. What I don’t understand is the popularity of some of these folk taking horse deworming medication to either treat or prevent COVID. I had not heard of this until last weekend, now I am seeing several articles online about it. What in the actual Fk are these people thinking? Don‘t trust the doctors, researchers, scientists and the masses about the vaccine, but go ahead and trust some rediculous opinion that Ivermectin will work on the virus.
I assume these people also know for certain that the earth is indeed FLAT!
Good god, how did we get here?

Well, after months of the vaccine being available to all that want it, the pace of vaccinations seems to have stalled. I don’t think we are going to convince many more people to get the shot, as they have made up their minds and dug in their heels. I don’t agree with it, but I understand. What I don’t understand is the popularity of some of these folk taking horse deworming medication to either treat or prevent COVID. I had not heard of this until last weekend, now I am seeing several articles online about it. What in the actual Fk are these people thinking? Don‘t trust the doctors, researchers, scientists and the masses about the vaccine, but go ahead and trust some rediculous opinion that Ivermectin will work on the virus.
Not everyone eats Kale either. How about everyone who still smokes? Guess we should force smoking cessation on all the smokers as well.

Ivermectin is an approved drug therapy for some conditions. Currently not for Covid but time will tell. Its not just some crazy redneck cowboy thing. A quick google of WebMD will show that.

We seem to be going all in on vaccinations with little (seemingly) emphasis on therapeutics for the time when someone does contract the virus. I wonder why that is? Maybe because the jab costs $34.51 CDN per jab (ctv news March 8/21). Reported yesterday that approximately 5 billion jabs globally. Like a world wide value in 10 months of around 170 billion dollars. No wonder big Pharma is resisting cheap generic therapeutic options.

I am not an anti-vaxxer. Have got the dose twice. But long term the idea that we will keep inventing more vaccine as opposed to looking at treatment options, strikes me as curious.

Not everyone eats Kale either. How about everyone who still smokes? Guess we should force smoking cessation on all the smokers as well.

Ivermectin is an approved drug therapy for some conditions. Currently not for Covid but time will tell. Its not just some crazy redneck cowboy thing. A quick google of WebMD will show that.

We seem to be going all in on vaccinations with little (seemingly) emphasis on therapeutics for the time when someone does contract the virus. I wonder why that is? Maybe because the jab costs $34.51 CDN per jab (ctv news March 8/21). Reported yesterday that approximately 5 billion jabs globally. Like a world wide value in 10 months of around 170 billion dollars. No wonder big Pharma is resisting cheap generic therapeutic options.

I am not an anti-vaxxer. Have got the dose twice. But long term the idea that we will keep inventing more vaccine as opposed to looking at treatment options, strikes me as curious.
It’s much cheaper to stop infections than it is to treat them. No infection means no lost time at work, no factory shutdowns, no ICU covid patients which our universal healthcare (our tax dollars) pays for, no CERB payments, etc. It’s really too bad Trump made the covid virus political. Nobody has a problem getting small pox vaccine, but then Trump didn’t exist back then to screw that up!

It’s much cheaper to stop infections than it is to treat them. No infection means no lost time at work, no factory shutdowns, no ICU covid patients which our universal healthcare (our tax dollars) pays for, no CERB payments, etc. It’s really too bad Trump made the covid virus political. Nobody has a problem getting small pox vaccine, but then Trump didn’t exist back then to screw that up!
We will never stop infections. Have we stopped the flu? Agreed that voluntary mass vaccinations is a good start, but eradication will not happen. As a result therapeutics to limit hospitalizations and fatalities seems like a no brainer.

Well said

Well said
I've been watching the local hospital websites and their numbers of covid inpatient and ICU cases are nearly nil. Unless you are elderly and/or have compromised health, chances of contracting this virus and dying from it are slim to nil. In checking the 12 top causes of death, the virus didn't even show up. Cancer and heart disease are the two big killers but look around at junk food and its additives and look at the number of severely overweight people out there. There is the real self-inflicted death sentence if there ever was. I could die from the virus, but I am certainly not going to lose sleep over it. I am far more apt to get killed in my very own car in a collision the next time I go out according to statistics.

Last edited:

Source on Ivermectin? WebMD is not a credible source.

Reactions: LE BARON

Hopefully you can explain your Trump theory to me. Without Trump you likely would not have the vaccine at all thanks to his governments Warp Speed Program cutting red tape and bureaucracy. Trump continues to promote people getting vaccinated for Covid 19. So exactly how did he politicize the process?

To solve a problem we must break it down into its simplest form.
The problem is Covid 19 and the solution is vaccinations and masks until it is essentially at a level that lets us start down the road to "normal". The vaccine doesn't hurt, has no serious side effects and the mask is a minor inconvenience. It baffles me how so much BS and rhetoric surrounds such a simple resolution, a lot of it caused by the lies and falsehoods disseminated by Mr.T and his band of no goods. You have my 2 cents and I am sticking to it.

Source on Ivermectin? WebMD is not a credible source.

There are two. There are more.

Reactions: CableGuy
Not suggesting we run out to UFA and grab a tube of Ivermectin from the equine aisle, but Ivermectin is being investigated as a possible therapeutic. Who knows whether it will pass the scientific smell test but I doubt the writers of this article are “flat earthers”.

As well the WHO has indicated Ivermectin may be used in clinical trials.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keith Tedford
Not suggesting we run out to UFA and grab a tube of Ivermectin from the equine aisle, but Ivermectin is being investigated as a possible therapeutic. Who knows whether it will pass the scientific smell test but I doubt the writers of this article are “flat earthers”.

As well the WHO has indicated Ivermectin may be used in clinical trials.

Not saying you are incorrect in it being looked into, just genuinely curious on sources as I have not come across any of this yet with work so was interested where you saw this as I've only known of clinical trials thus far.

I would only speculate, and am not going to bring up all the people I heard of who got a pimple on their ass after the vaccine, but would it be fair to say that the large percentage of anti-vaxxers would also be the large percentage of anti-maskers? Maybe Millbrook Ontario hospitals have nil covid patients in them but the abundance of the other hospitals cancelling all elective, non-critical, and transplant surgeries due to the huge increases in covid patients tells a different story out west. Since vaccinations became available in Alberta, 90.2% of covid cases requiring hospitalization here have been non-vaccinated or within 2 weeks of being vaccinated. That is, unless of course Alberta Health Services (along with a large number of the general public) are just making s**t up for brownie points and social media reaction. And Keith is correct. Cancer and heart disease are much more prolific killers than covid and since we have a choice with covid, I don't really want it to catch them either.
Until such time that legitimate science sources decide that vaccines and masks are not helping the situation, I'm going to ignore the nay sayers, the conspiracy theorists, the anti-mask and anti-vaccine demonstration groups, and the social media cowboys, and try my best with the recommendations offered, to do my part in reducing and hopefully eradicating this situation by wearing masks in public places and social distancing measures whenever possible (I'm already fully vaccinated since June).
That being said, I would offer up, that to free up our major hospitals for elective surgeries and transplants, and ease the burden in such hospitals, maybe the small outlying hospitals and field clinics should be earmarked for only anti-vaxxers who catch covid. And while they are at it, the Alberta Health Services workers who also refuse the vaccinations should be sent there as well to look after their own kind. JMO and now I must go and pop a couple horse tranquilizers with my bourbon to help me relax and get ready to laugh at some of the replies this may get.... :Lurk5:

Last edited:
Mandatory vaccination. Mandatory Booster 1 through 1100. Mandatory mask. Mandatory 6 feet.

“Show me your papers”.

Forced compliance by the majority on a minority, has worked out so well, for so many, in the last 100 years.

For the record 3 doses here….

About 6 weeks ago we got a new doggie here from the Humane Society. 24 hours later, we had her into the emergency vet clinic, as she had been coughing up a white foam all day long. They diagnosed her with kennel cough and sent us home with some medication, including some doggie cough syrup. Being what I consider a ”normal” person, I never once thought to myself “I should keep some of this dog medication for myself, just in case I catch the Covid”. Perhaps I missed out on another Facebook cure!!

Mandatory vaccination. Mandatory Booster 1 through 1100. Mandatory mask. Mandatory 6 feet.

“Show me your papers”.

Forced compliance by the majority on a minority, has worked out so well, for so many, in the last 100 years.

For the record 3 doses here….
Off topic message for you: I LOVE that picture of your Vette, with the farmhouse in the background! Too cool.

• Haha
Reactions: Cariboocreek
I would only speculate, and am not going to bring up all the people I heard of who got a pimple on their ass after the vaccine, but would it be fair to say that the large percentage of anti-vaxxers would also be the large percentage of anti-maskers? Maybe Millbrook Ontario hospitals have nil covid patients in them but the abundance of the other hospitals cancelling all elective, non-critical, and transplant surgeries due to the huge increases in covid patients tells a different story out west. Since vaccinations became available in Alberta, 90.2 of covid cases requiring hospitalization here have been non-vaccinated or within 2 weeks of being vaccinated. That is, unless of course Alberta Health Services (along with a large number of the general public) are just making s**t up for brownie points and social media reaction. And Keith is correct. Cancer and heart disease are much more prolific killers than covid and since we have a choice with covid, I don't really want it to catch them either.
Until such time that legitimate science sources decide that vaccines and masks are not helping the situation, I'm going to ignore the nay sayers, the conspiracy theorists, the anti-mask and anti-vaccine demonstration groups, and the social media cowboys, and try my best with the recommendations offered, to do my part in reducing and hopefully eradicating this situation by wearing masks in public places and social distancing measures whenever possible (I'm already fully vaccinated since June).
That being said, I would offer up, that to free up our major hospitals for elective surgeries and transplants, and ease the burden in such hospitals, maybe the small outlying hospitals and field clinics should be earmarked for only anti-vaxxers who catch covid. And while they are at it, the Alberta Health Services workers who also refuse the vaccinations should be sent there as well to look after their own kind. JMO and now I must go and pop a couple horse tranquilizers with my bourbon to help me relax and get ready to laugh at some of the replies this may get.... :Lurk5:
Check out the hospital websites for some meaningful, actual numbers. The PRHC hospital in Peterborough shows one in inpatient care. The Lindsay Ross Memorial Hospital shows none. The Hastings-Prince Edward Health Unit shows one in ICU. The UHN, an umbrella group of Toronto hospitals shows 15, in intensive care and 6 in inpatient care. They never mention the age of those dying. These hospitals cover perhaps 5-6 million people. It would appear that you are far more apt to die the next time you go out in your car or contract cancer and die from that. If you are elderly, overweight, or have compromised health, then beware. Extremely few healthy people are dying from this virus.

Last edited:
Reactions: OakvilleC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.