Go check your local hospital web site. In our area, Peterborough Regional Health centre has 1 in inpatient care in a city of about 67,000 people. Ross Memorial Hospital in Lindsay hasn't had any cases for 2-3 weeks at least. The Hastings-Prince Edward Health Unit has had two in ICU for quite some time. If the virus gets you, it can be serious, especially if you are older and/or have compromised health. Healthy people seldom get the virus and if they do, get over it. They may do some suffering along the way, but so they will with any seasonal flu but if they get it. Stop watching the CBC and ask your doctor if you need advice.
The ICU in KBRH is full, there are over 200 cases in Alberta in ICU, the hospital system is about to crash. Manitoba and Saskatchewan are not far behind. ONTARIO TODAY Patients in ICU with COVID-related illnesses: 191; 120 needed a ventilator to breathe. I know, err.. knew a perfectly healthy guy in his early 50's originally from Montreal living in Vernon, BC. His two teenage boys brought it home, they were bedridden, he got sick like a bad flu, he said, Refused to go to hospital in order to care for his kids and died in his sleep, a week ago. This thing is NOT the flu, it can shut down your ability to process oxygen and you suffocate.

I'm not debating the fact that hospitals are full or empty! I'm asking why people think they can't get covid from a vaccinated person? YOU CAN! Not letting a person into a restaurant without proof of a vaccination DOES NOT make anyone safe. A vaccinated person can still transmit the virus. Yes there are reports of people dying from the disease but there are as many reports of ICU's empty. Which one is BS? Two reasons for a vaccine. 1) You could die (I personally know 2 that had it and were not hospitalized and are now just fine) 2) You would be using resources in a hospital when others need elective and non elective surgery as mentioned in a previous post. Not being allowed in a restaurant or gym or anywhere else if you are not vaccinated doesn't make sense. Vaccinated or not you can be infected and transmit the virus to others. Got it NOW KLinNBC!

Reactions: henkz06 and Spaz
I won't debate any of the information I've read here but what I don't understand is why the hell do I keep hearing that if you're not vaccinated you're a threat to someone else's health? Whether you are vaccinated or NOT you can still get Covid and pass it on to someone else. This passport crap and people panicing if they come into contact with an unvaccinated person is nuts. Common sense isn't common anymore.
We have been faced with passport crap for a lot longer than CV Jim.
You ever get a ticket form a police officer? They want to see your driving passport. Can't they see you are driving a car? Don't think they would accept a Medicare passport. Don't see why not when it has your information on it.
Down in Dallas/Fort worth area we were out to a bar someplace around 2012. So I am in my sixties. I had to show any kind of passport that showed my age. Didn't have any problems doing that as we wanted in to the bar. Talked with the bouncer after and he explained that at that bar and maybe in Texas as a whole, teens under 18 were allowed in and the bar had to ensure age verification of all who entered. If an underage teen was found with an alcoholic drink the person who gave it to them was going to jail. Everyone got stamped on the way in to establish drinking age. Imagine that, another form of passport in the bar.
I am not in favour of giving governments all kind of control over our lives. Sometimes though, passports of one kind or another are asked of us already
So there are already many "passports" in our lives already. Wondering where it will stop as well. Not as bad as China though where they have facial recognition and your "rights" are based on how good of a citizen you are, naturally with criteria set by some communist party bureaucrat.

Man oh man..,.., I only made 3 post to this thread. I send my thanks to Dale 124 as the "instigator" of this hot potato subject. To me it has become way more interesting to read the back and forth (subtle and not so subtle) thoughts and shots on where we all stand on Covid. On getting the vaccine, on masking, on the vaccine card, on hospitalization, on fake news and so on..... and I must say, that by far and large, even with strong and varying positions there has been civility amongst the group and that says a lot about the CCF community and the moderators for allowing some venting on both sides of the coin....... now, if all the naysayers would only get their shot.... it doesnt hurt, really!

Literally the first google result..... Granted deep state amazon queens may have photoshopped this or likely saline & invermectin mix in disguise right? So yes it does tell me something but definitely not about Fauci.

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, receives the Moderna Inc. Covid-19 vaccine during an event at the NIH Clinical Center Masur Auditorium in Bethesda, Maryland, U.S., on Tuesday, Dec, 22, 2020

View attachment 86977

Rabbit hole runs deep.
Nice pic

you’ll say this is fake news.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not debating the fact that hospitals are full or empty! I'm asking why people think they can't get covid from a vaccinated person? YOU CAN! Not letting a person into a restaurant without proof of a vaccination DOES NOT make anyone safe. A vaccinated person can still transmit the virus. Yes there are reports of people dying from the disease but there are as many reports of ICU's empty. Which one is BS? Two reasons for a vaccine. 1) You could die (I personally know 2 that had it and were not hospitalized and are now just fine) 2) You would be using resources in a hospital when others need elective and non elective surgery as mentioned in a previous post. Not being allowed in a restaurant or gym or anywhere else if you are not vaccinated doesn't make sense. Vaccinated or not you can be infected and transmit the virus to others. Got it NOW KLinNBC!
A non-vaccinated person would potentially more easily catch a serious bout of COVID and is also more likely to transmit COVID to others ... especially to other non-vaccinated. If only vaccinated are on the premises, all tend to be safer than if even a couple of "nons" are in the room.
Few (if any) reasonably well informed people will say "you can't get COVID from a vaccinated person" BTW.
I personally have yet to hear anyone I know say "people can't get COVID from a vaccinated person". Also, everyone I know is aware that they could still transmit it or catch it from someone, even though they have been double jabbed. They are reasonably sure they will at least have a milder reaction and less chance to cause harm to others, thanks to their vaccine.

Its all percentages and probabilities.
Similar to seatbelts, helmets, steel toe boots, handguards on machinery, trained people to deal with dangerous things etc.. These are not 100% solutions, but increase the odds in a group's, or one's, favour.

I know two people who contracted COVID 19 before the vaccines were available.
One, under 50, (in the U.S.) died,
My next door neighbour (just turned 68 and in decent health overall) caught it in January. Was a bit too slow getting medical attention, since he was being quite careful up until then and thought it must be something else. Had a heart attack and blood clots. Doc was seriously considering partial leg amputation, but was able to get by with carving "dead" meat out of his leg and cutting off about 1/3 of one big toe. Went on a ventilator. Spent 2 1/2 months in ICU, 2 more in a regular room and is now home. He can barely walk and goes back to the hospital 4 to 5 days a week for sessions in the hyperbaric chamber to oxygenate his blood in order to compensate for the shortcomings of his own lung performance.

Not dying, is only part of some stories.

Nice pic

I'll do better than that and moderate links to fake news sites as I threatened.

Yes I will take the video evidence and reports by hundreds of news orgs and thousands of people involved over a random internet article written by a guy and not backed by an ounce of credibility. Call me deep state.

Nice pic

You do know that it is a satire site... right?
"2021-09-11 · History. Launched in 2020, Real Raw News is an anonymously run satire website.According to their about page"

If you say so. You realize they have the disclaimer so they don’t get sued.
Unfortunately SPAZ no matter what is put in front of you as evidence you will not accept as it does not agree with what you believe (See my post 111 on the CBC)
Useless to ask why you will not read anything other than what you wish to believe because you will not accept it. Your statements on TB, the Amish and Dr. Fauci are easily and factually debunked but that is not your reality so you can not / will not accept it. You "can not " be wrong, it would be too much of a jolt for you. Don't worry, you, unfortunately, are not alone.
It is the rest of us who have to worry!

I am not an anti-vaxxer. Have got the dose twice. But long term the idea that we will keep inventing more vaccine as opposed to looking at treatment options, strikes me as curious.

I think in the short term the covid vaccine is much more important than the treatment. Once there are enough people vaccinated to curb the spread, then they can work on developing a treatment which may or may not be successful. Take smallpox for an example. That disease has been around in history for thousands of years and first became prevalent in the 6th century. The spread was finally curbed with vaccines which were developed in the late 1700's, and now, to this day, there is no treatment. The last death from smallpox was in 1978. Thank goodness for the vaccine.

Don't know if this will get moderated out but I'll give it a try rather than copy and paste.
Interesting to note the date of the article. Sept 2018 but originally was published in 2006 and the last quote way at the bottom from a, by now, well known doctor.
If the link does get moderated then look up Canada History site and Spanish flu.
Look at the pictures from way back when. Haven't researched how many protests were held back then but wouldn't surprise me if there were some.
Eerily similar to what is going on now only without the benefit of the science we have now.

Last edited:
I think in the short term the covid vaccine is much more important than the treatment. Once there are enough people vaccinated to curb the spread, then they can work on developing a treatment which may or may not be successful. Take smallpox for an example. That disease has been around in history for thousands of years and first became prevalent in the 6th century. The spread was finally curbed with vaccines which were developed in the late 1700's, and now, to this day, there is no treatment. The last death from smallpox was in 1978. Thank goodness for the vaccine.
I don't necessarily disagree but these potential treatment options could have been investigated/researched/approved while the vaccine rush was taking place. Unless of course the entire medical research groups worldwide, are unable to multi-task or delegate.

I don't necessarily disagree but these potential treatment options could have been investigated/researched/approved while the vaccine rush was taking place. Unless of course the entire medical research groups worldwide, are unable to multi-task or delegate.
Well, consider that there has never been a "treatment" developed to treat any viral infection other than the basic support (fluids, ventilation) that we have been using that hopefully help the body fight the infection because that's the only way you beat it: by yourself. The example given (small pox) is bacterial. We have anti-biotics for bacterial infections and therein lies a clue: biotic as in life. Bacteria are a life form, have life cycles: live, reproduce and die. A virus, one the other hand, is not a life form, is not alive, is completely different. It's basically a stray bit of genetic code. At this juncture there is no "treatment" for any viral infection including influenzas and the common cold. Medical research has been pursuing treatments and cures for a century and are no closer to anything since we first understood what a virus actually is.

Well, consider that there has never been a "treatment" developed to treat any viral infection other than the basic support (fluids, ventilation) that we have been using that hopefully help the body fight the infection because that's the only way you beat it: by yourself. The example given (small pox) is bacterial. We have anti-biotics for bacterial infections and therein lies a clue: biotic as in life. Bacteria are a life form, have life cycles: live, reproduce and die. A virus, one the other hand, is not a life form, is not alive, is completely different. It's basically a stray bit of genetic code. At this juncture there is no "treatment" for any viral infection including influenzas and the common cold. Medical research has been pursuing treatments and cures for a century and are no closer to anything since we first understood what a virus actually is.
Thanks but incorrect.

Thanks but incorrect.
Yes, well current anti-virals are fringe medicine, not available for mass, public use for a few reasons not limited too poor efficacy, nasty side effects and horrendous costs. As some one educated as a biochemist my opinion of current anti-viral therapies is that they are mostly useless and utterly useless in the face of an epidemic, let alone pandemic. If we were close to effective and safe anti-virals they'd be part of the pantheon of everyday pharma. Further, I guarantee you people are working on this very, very hard... if only because the money in achieving success is mind-boggling.

Let's get more specific using your (google sourced, no-doubt) citation:

None of the conditions cited are cured by available anti-virals, they are all simply suppressed. Of the most widely prescribed, AV for Herpes can be needed many times through a year and are a lifetime requirement. Cost about $50/occurrence. In the case of HIV the AV (ART) are taken daily for the rest of the patients life at an average cost of $3000/month.

This is the best we have managed to come up with as far as anti-virals are concerned. So the idea that anything to treat, and I assume you really mean "cure" after a reasonable (10 day to 2 week) course of meds is imminent with regards to SARS-COV-2 or anything else viral is fantasy.

• Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
Let's get more specific using your (google sourced, no-doubt) citation:

None of the conditions cited are cured by available anti-virals, they are all simply suppressed. Of the most widely prescribed, AV for Herpes can be needed many times through a year and are a lifetime requirement. Cost about $50/occurrence. In the case of HIV the AV (ART) are taken daily for the rest of the patients life at an average cost of $3000/month.

This is the best we have managed to come up with as far as anti-virals are concerned. So the idea that anything to treat, and I assume you really mean "cure" after a reasonable (10 day to 2 week) course of meds is imminent with regards to SARS-COV-2 or anything else viral is fantasy.
Nope never said cured. Said treated/treatment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.